HELP

I'm 21 and in the 4th year of a CS major.
Had an internship last semester that went well, got 18/20.
Only failed one subject so far, on the last semester of the 3rd year.
But
I have consistently struggled with most projects
This semester subjects got really hard and my test grades have plummeted
Starting to get this feeling I'm not cut out to be a soft dev
I have an IQ of 103 (literally brainlet tier)

How fucked am I?
Is the professional world of IT harder/easier than college?
Anyone have any experience with this?

Attached: Juice.png (721x483, 81K)

>I have an IQ of 103 (literally brainlet tier)
i have an IQ of 130 and i couldn't even get into college
grades!=intelligence

You're probably very lazy, no?

wtf high iq people thrive in academia
t. envious 110-let

Just keep trying, college is not about IQ, it's about your dedication. It's to show your future employers you can put effort into something, the extra knowledge you gain along the way is a plus.
Maybe you'll get a comfy CRUD dev job after you've got your degree, you don't need to be super smart for this.

Thanks, this is motivating.
>it's about dedication
Well, yeah, I study a lot.
Literally all day everyday, I only stop to go to the gym, and for about an hour after dinner.

>CRUD dev job
What's that?

I have 159 and I'm telling you that these things don't matter in life.

maybe you should look at it the other way around

>these things
Both IQ and success in college?

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Pres. Calvin Coolidge

Thanks.
Do any of you have experience with struggling in college and doing better in the "real world" ?

If you're not autistic you'll do fine.
t. autist who got good grades but couldn't pass any interview

oof
yeah, from the internship I got the impression that I'll do fine in the real world
I learned things pretty quickly and it helps that I'm not doing 4/5 subjects at once and studying stupid worthless crap

But at the same time I see colleges who code 10x faster than me and have way better grades and I get scared/paranoid that I'm in the wrong field.

honestly, yes
but dedication>>>>intelligence in regards to education

>CS major
>IT
Am I missing something here?

Attached: huh.png (363x195, 43K)

Ok so where do CS majors work after they graduate?
McDonalds?

Yes, unironically.

I have a 110 iq and dropped out of college. Couldn't stay motivated. I'm a part time job neet now who does nothing all day. College success has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. It just has to do with your mental stability and ability to stay motivated and optimistic

I'm more concerned with getting a job as a soft dev than college success.
I'm asking if I can do bad in college and still manage to get and maintain a job in soft dev.

Not so sure about that user. A lot of high iq people don't put in the time or see it as a waste so they don't thrive. I've seen very average people succeed because of sheer effort. They'll know they need to put in many more hours to understand the same concepts as someone else but they're willing to do it

user, everybody has days like those, but just like do it men, the more you think you will fail the more likely it will be.
The trick here is to jyst convince yourself that there is only one way and its the way of hard work.

>unironic smart-but-lazyposters
Is this 2008?

Persistence is calculated in an IQ test, dummy.

I'll be honest dude
The thing that's fucking me up the most is.
We had this group project, in which we had 2 weeks (the teacher extended to 3) where we needed to make a site that's very similar to facebook.
The subject is about interface quality, so teacher almost only cares about front end.

So we divided tasks, and one of my colleagues royally fucked up.
He made the most retarded html you can imagine. Probably more retarded than the most retarded you can imagine, in fact.
Basically if you click a button he has a bunch of ifs that turn the css.display to none/block
Instead of actually saving the info that the user puts in
So if you refresh/switch the page, evrything disappears
Now I have until saturday to fix all that
Meanwhile the other projects are going fine, but my test grades have plummeted

not an argument.

Low IQ just means it takes you more effort and time to achieve the same results most likely.
In the real world a high IQ is actually detrimental past a certain point because it's often associated with mental illness or social isolation.

Oh look, it's this thread again. Another CS major contemplating suicide cause they're a brainlet.

IQ of 132 here dropped out of college to pursue starting a business.

Now in crypto never looked back but still dont understand wtf im doing now.

This isn't to say having a high IQ is bad by the way, this is simply saying that if you are going to be rushing into managerial positions (the highest paid ones...) being a savant isn't the best thing.

Ok so I appreciate the feedback.
But the IQ thing is the least of my worries.
Probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
I'm more concerned about how different college is from work. Is it harder/easier? way different? what's it like?

ITT:
>I'm smart, I'm just lazy

>>CRUD dev job
>What's that?

>4th year
you are fucked, brah

Actually it's the exact opposite.
I have 103 IQ but I work a lot.
Now that I've got hard subjects the course is diving into the trash.

Well the majority of the CS is math based...
The majority of programming is not math based...

I was talking about the replies.

>if you don't know about this retarded word with an extremely broad meaning reddit invented you're fucked

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

Honestly just live eat and breath your classes and you'll do fine. Communicate with your professors. If your professors see you are putting in the work, they will usually go light on grading you.

Glad to know I'm not the only one

>The term was likely first popularized by James Martin in his 1983 book Managing the Data-base Environment

>21
>4th in CS

wtf where is this normal? Singapore?

I'm from Portugal.
Most of my colleagues are either 21 or 22.
And we all study a fuck load.
Though to be fair most people, do not pass all subjects at the first try.

well ok but it's still true knowing that word doesn't mean shit.

2 years out of college. 99% of what you're saying has no bearing on jobs. They don't care about GPA, your IQ, or what your internship thought unless it was FAANG.

If you can reliably push out decent amounts of code, and can solve the algorithms questions in interviews, you're fine. Make sure you grind leetcode questions. That will help much more than anything else.

cool I should be fine then

Sounds like a ridiculous Los Serrano situation to me. Don't you guys have a government regulated nap at 12:00 or something?

You'll have to elaborate on what "studying a fuck load" actually means.

Wtf is a FAANG?

>Is the professional world of IT harder/easier than college?

Depends on what job you get... Software development is generally more difficult than what you did at college, yes. On the other hand, network administration is fairly straight forward and easy, and still pays pretty well.

Wtf no
naps are a Spanish thing, and it's not at 12
it's from 14 to 17.
We don't do that here.

>You'll have to elaborate on what "studying a fuck load" actually means.
Studying all day, every day, only stopping after dinner to play a bit of league.
Also, plenty of all-nighters (not me though, I almost always sleep 8 hours). But most people do them.

I was garbage at school and graduated with a 2.7/4.0 gpa
Still graduated and got a 6 figure offer
What counts in the real world is being a dependable hard worker and not being an quivering autist
Stick with it, don't graduate unless you have a job offer though

Sounds like youre educational system is a trash, and you are trash as a people.

What are the subjects you study a "fuck load" of?

>Sounds like youre educational system is a trash

Attached: kek.png (244x237, 95K)

Attached: elsimpsoms.jpg (600x450, 31K)

Well if you're in the US, that has a murder rate 5 times higher than ours, a higher obesity rate, and a totally fucked healthcare and education system. It's quite laughable for you to say "Sounds like youre educational system is a trash, and you are trash as a people. "
Faggot.

woosh

lol yikes actually just EU banter but I guess your "studying as fuck" is algebra 1

Get a skin darkener. Pretend you're Indian. You'll be good to go.

121 here. I never went to college because I didn't want to be a debt slave and I knew I would end up saying something to get myself on the shitlist and I wouldn't be able to stay in the college world and make money.