Would you buy an eInk phone?

Would you buy an eInk phone?

Attached: 1542634381635.jpg (655x713, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/light-phone-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. That's just a overpriced kindle.

It'd be useless for visual entertainment, other than maybe ebooks and music. I could maybe dig it if it wasn't made with og nokia specs and features.

No. Even dumbphones with monochrome LCD displays in the late 1990s at least had backlighting.

If the phone was compelling enough to use normally and had battery life for weeks I would consider

Attached: apucigtux.jpg (713x611, 62K)

>visual entertainment

zoomer/boomer detected

wont be able to watch fortnite top 10 kill or the latest gadget video by Marqus brownlee? i can imagine the soi outrage

No. My phone is a pocket Linux computer that spends less than 10% of its active time being a phone.

This

eInk is overrated. Just put a bigger battery inside.

You have extreme levels of autism

Attached: 1542391934584.jpg (469x468, 23K)

1.) If they where cheap
2.) If they supported music playback and PDF reading
3.) If it has no bluetooth or LTE

I this is a dumb product. Reduce a phones function to 1/10 to have a level of battery life that is pointless.

Its like having unlimited gas but only being able to drive 5 km/h

Eink display the back, regular OLED on the front, maybe. Could have some utility.

No, the response time is fucking atrocious. Can you imagine typing a phone number on an eink pad? I would throw up.

Eh? Full page refreshes are slow on eink, but you could blank and update a button & text field very quickly with a decent waveform.

If it means 2 week battery life, fuck yeah. Color is for pussies

Waiting for Apple to make the real version.

No terrible idea.

if it was done well then yes

funny you calling him out while also talking about another literal who youtuber

>literal who youtuber

why you lieing for? he's probably the biggest tech youtuber and had elon musk on his channel

I didn't know him, I have my bookmark direct me to my sub page and anything recommended is always something related or from my subs
I don't care for ecelebs

I've backed Light Phone 2, which has an e-ink display. I expect it to fail miserably, but it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Utility phone without all the entertainment and bloat and with an e-ink screen.

indiegogo.com/projects/light-phone-2 for those interested.

Why would you back something you know is going to fail? Also, that screen is tiny as fuck.

Attached: jjq1ia911kgujp6pbgeo.jpg (695x1298, 78K)

I have enough money to gamble them on something like this. I want it to succeed, but I expect it to fail. I don't mind paying for a chance of success. It's an investment in something volatile.

Phones are much too big these days, and that's in part a function of their entertainment focus. The light phone 2 doesn't have this focus and should get by with a smaller screen just fine.

post pic