Is it worth learning C if I want to get started working with malware?

Is it worth learning C if I want to get started working with malware?

Attached: IMG_20181119_073548.jpg (1200x545, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beginners.re/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

y stripe socks are always gud

>is it work learning C
No.

How can someone trust you? You can't even copy and paste correctly!

The product I develop at work is written in hundres of thousands of lines of C. I don't get the hate for it.

C is malware

Yes.

Is it embedded software?

No.

required, desu

Given that a large amount of software is written in C and some classes of bugs are exclusive to C programs, I'd say you'd most likely benefit from learning C.

I've never met a decent programmer who didn't know c

>some classes of bugs are exclusive to C programs
It is a common misconception that buffer overflows are unique to C

I oversimplified a bit because I couldn't find a concise way of saying "not literally exclusive to but most prevalent in C programs".

I've never heard of anyone dumb enough to think that

beginners.re/
Yes use this book

>beginners.re/
aint clicking a link that can re bro

Not for reversing Malware, for developing

Pp

Unless you're doing that benefits from a minimal ABI, granularity of control, and/or universal support regardless of hardware platform, C probably isn't the best choice.
t. C shill

you code malware in C#

>you code malware in C#
C# is pajeet tier

You will need assembly too, but you can pick it up on the go, as you write C programs study what your compiler of choice outputs as assembly, if memory serves well with gcc it's something like this
gcc -S main.c
The need for these skills has not died for nearly half a century now, and will not anytime in the near future.
Lastly, a word of warning. There is nothing romantic about staring at a hex editor and setting breakpoints all over a shit code base all day long while reversing some software you *think* might expose some exploit. It is just not for everyone.There're tons of better things to pour your time on that'll turn out to be the better investment in the long run.

I have a pretty good understanding of general debugging and reverse engineering (not assembly, but decompiling & obfuscation techniques, I've cracked Visual Basic software before).
Also played a fuckton of CTF and shit like that.
Generally I'm good with python, JavaScript and bash since that's what I usually use for my CTF's.

You should have a good idea on what to expect then.

You just fucked decent thread

>granularity of control, and/or universal support regardless of hardware platform
Those two. Plus this code has been built up over 20+ plus years and moving to a different language would be extremely expensive.