Why aren't you working at Google yet?

Why aren't you working at Google yet?

Attached: 1537027727127.png (664x735, 71K)

im not a pajeet
they won't hire me

/thread

Do they hire spics? I can wash floors for $700k without any problems

If only you'll cut you dick.

Edited, it was $300K.
It goes in all fields.

It was actually $900K.

I remember it being a cool million after full compensation

I need only $700k, don't worry. I will not move into US, because basket-americans are disgusting

they have quarterly performance reviews

the best plan is to work there for a year or two and go somewhere else

2 years at google is like having harvard on your resume

How much does the guy that decided that the google search bar had to be rounded makes?

If they were smart they would pick any other city and get 7 experienced engineers for the same price.

Because I am brainlet, I am also not liberal enough

I just did my onsite interview a week ago. I think it went well but I'm nervous as all hell. Fingers crossed

I don't want to live in San Fransisco

this. Cost of living at SF is insane.

This thread reminds me
>Sony moves their headquarters to Silicon Valley in commiefornia
>Now 2 years later they're harassing game developers to not release games with partial nudity for the PS4 and to self-censor

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

Attached: 1352987977262.png (318x277, 137K)

>$700k

Still not enough to put up with this.

Attached: facebook office.jpg (2048x1537, 948K)

>black lives matter poster in the back, right side
>not a single black person in the entire room
How

I wish i had a 5k imac with a xeon in it for work. Having 50 people being able to see my screen is a deal breaker

Virtue signalling

grim grim grim grim

90k - 130k could afford pretty much any dev in my city

Attached: found him.png (119x69, 24K)

Found the nigger

This. Out Regis Lee priced in San Francisco.

It’s so bad, didn’t one googler live in his car to save money?

>giving Pajeet Rajesh $700k
>not paying them $100k and demand they be greatful for the opportunity forcing them to live in a smelly bedroom with 15 other Ranjeets
Google's doing Globalism wrong

>CIA + NSA Nigger money can't afford privacy
WOW

Attached: 1538982244272.jpg (600x574, 63K)

If they had privacy in the workplace they would know how nice it is and might even think their cattle would like it too. No wrongthink allowed.

It looks like there's only two engineers in the room, probably the frontend monkey room

how does it feel to work on a literal factory floor?

>giving up half a million a year in TC over a problem that is easily solved with a pair of noise-cancelling headphones

Open offices really aren't as big a deal as people make them out to be.

Why is there a fucking stump underneath the h24 beam?

also imagine just minding your own business, trying to walk home with your groceries and google turns you into a fucking captcha puzzle

Attached: croswalk.png (499x725, 517K)

That office feels so messy and distracting. The ceiling is a disgrace.

looks like the chimpanzee exhibit at the zoo

>Still not enough to put up with this.
People have sucked dick on the reg for less.

it's just so you have your code open every second you're there
the beta cuck developers must fear the chad manager

Janitors are still paid like garbage, you'll probably be overworked, becuase liberals have no empathy for the "uneducated"

Is that what Eric S. Raymond meant with Bazaar?

Looks like fun desu

much less than the guy that randomly decides to worsen gmail/youtube/chrome's overall theme and delete the old one every year or so
that guy's going places i tell you

Positions like that are done through another company so they can pay them like shit and don't have to offer stock

Ding ding ding

I don’t want to contribute to google getting richer

Snapchat pays more

has some one made a quake 3 map of this yet

>Open offices really aren't as big a deal as people make them out to be.
The distractions are only one of two issues caused by open offices, you can't noise cancel out the feeling of being watched which causes more sick days and extra work stress. Even among the highest performing employees.

I make 350k, AMA

R u gey?

No but I play one on Jow Forums

Make a contract with me and get a $700k salary!

Attached: google.jpg (713x700, 42K)

I like my current job. A lot of freedom to do my work my way, and a bunch of coworkers who share the same independent spirit, each with a different creative approach. I have a feeling I wouldn't be a good fit for at Google, anyway.

how much do you make?

$85k. Fresh out of college, so I'm not very high on the food chain, but I interned here so everyone already knew me and I at least like to think I'm generally well-liked.

Oh hey, it's those dweebs who doubled the length of my commute before I finally quit CA and moved out of state.

Whoever on Menlo Park's zoning board had the brilliant idea of letting FB drones pull their cars directly out of their campus' parking and onto the expressway in front of a major bridge across the Bay needs to be shot.

stop stealing from your parents

I thought Facebook had a bus go around and pick up their employees?

where the hell did that figure come from? they absolutely do not make that much, in general, even with all the crazy benefits factored in

how can you get 700K and still live like shit?!

>I thought Facebook had a bus go around and pick up their employees?
A minority of them use those buses. The majority of them use cars like everyone else in the local suburbs.

Attached: thanks zuck.png (1110x743, 1.44M)

like in cuckifornia.

even facebook employees in hyper modern SF bay can't escape the american/suburban nightmare of car-dependency?

is that why every time I drive there they have 10 fucking buses lined up?

I'd stay at the workplace and sleep there like true pajeet

>car-dependency
>suburban nightmare
why is it a nightmare
you can't live in a bedroom community away from the minorities without personal transport to let you into the poor/minority quarantine "urban" areas

>even facebook employees in hyper modern SF bay can't escape the american/suburban nightmare of car-dependency?
Contrary to what its commie reputation would suggest, SF Bay is a joke for mass transit just like everywhere else in CA.

There's literally no way of avoiding highway traffic going from the South Bay to all the bedroom communities in the East Bay where what little housing that's "affordable" is left without taking an hour-long detour by rail and making at least one transfer.

Attached: sf bay rail networks.gif (1280x1280, 175K)

Stop recompressing this shitty image and changing it's hash.

didn't know that - are there any signs it'll improve? i wonder what public transit will look like in areas like this in 10-20-40-etc years

expensive, inefficient, (should be) unnecessary, stressful, waste of life in traffic

I am too dumb. But I also don't really want to.

less stress than living in the quarantine

I'm too dumb
How do I become smarter

>didn't know that - are there any signs it'll improve? i wonder what public transit will look like in areas like this in 10-20-40-etc years
Considering how BART had an expansion to San Jose that's been going nowhere for 10 years and it took 25 just to replace the eastern half of the Bay Bridge, you'd be lucky to have a complete BART loop around the Bay and that High Speed Rail line through the Central Valley to LA together in about 30 years, assuming that the state somehow manages to remain solvent until then.

because it's a hell of a lot more fun to be a freelancer. i work any time of day i want to, i can live anywhere in the world i want to and i only have to work about 6 months out of the year if i want to.

How do you get work?

i've been freelancing for 25+ years, so past clients and colleagues recommend me for gigs. plus, i look on craigslist for fun stuff, and i have headhunters who send me stuff.

How would you suggest someone get started?

if i were starting out today, i would probably do it the same way i did it in the early 90's: take any gig i could find no matter what it paid. work 60+ hours a week. work on projects that last around 3-6 months so that you can jump into new things quickly and frequently. after about 3-5 years, you've got a nice resume with a wide range of stuff on it, so it shows that you know how to get in there and figure shit out. over time, you start to increase your rate because you tell clients that you've "been there, done that" and it'll take you half the time to build it compared to the cheap guy they're thinking of hiring.
also, find some things that you're really into that seem like they're hot now or are going to be hot soon. that way, you're maybe ahead of the curve a bit and have some depth in the field that is not easy to find.

oh, and more than anything: avoid full-time jobs like the plague. they're for suckers who want stability and assurances in life. the downside for them is that they have to wait a year or two to see if they get a raise from their lord and master. as a freelancer, you can adjust your fee every time you do a new project. one thing i fucking LOVE about being a service provider: i can fire clients any time i want to. i've done it a number of times over the years. life is too short to put up with assholes and fuckheads.

>you can't live in a bedroom community away from the minorities without personal transport to let you into the poor/minority quarantine "urban" areas
Have you been living under a rock, or have you completely missed the national trend of inner-city minorities being pushed out into the suburbs for the last 10 years due to gentrification? The places in the SF metro with all the "bedroom communities" have certainly not been immune to the trend.

How do you compete with India as a beginner

idk man. where are you looking for work now? eg: what part of the world are you in, and what is your method for looking?

I'm assuming you're from US and not from WA/CA/NY so you can make it work well. Did you start with WordPress too or just straight-up barebones HTML,CSS,JS,and PHP(if needed)?

Freelancing is my ultimate goal as a developer. I'm willing to bend over for 5 years as a corporate slave but anymore than that and life will just get depressing.

I'm in Canada. Graduated but struggling to find something good.

I am not a SJW tranny.

because I'm a grade elsewhere honey

start a revolution

I'm not interested in that, just getting a well paying job so I can support myself. Ideally one in america.

not smart or talented enough

Good luck. I have mine soon, been stressing out too much. Any tips you can offer?