Sup Jow Forums, just nabbed my first job as a .NET backend dev, get to choose a work laptop, what should I get?

Sup Jow Forums, just nabbed my first job as a .NET backend dev, get to choose a work laptop, what should I get?

Most people there are running Macs or XPS's so under 3k euro should be fine, thinking about getting a new Razer Blade 1070/144hz, what you guys think?

Attached: 81uy0+LBI2L._SX355_.jpg (355x200, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Apps/Fundamentals/Modern_web_app_architecture/MVC_architecture
notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-2018-9570-8300H-GTX-1050-97Wh-Laptop-Review.308420.0.html
images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/1/13/Typical.mac.user.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lenovo legion Y530

Get yourself a p52 nibba

chinkpad

Don't. Looks good on paper, but in reality cooling and battery life are dogshit.

Thinkpad X1

great choice, although make sure you get the 144hz display and the gtx 1060. much better thermals and durability.

Nigger are you seriously getting yourself a gayming laptop to use for work? Are you retarded?
Go with one of the following: thinkpad X1 extreme, dell xps15 2-in-1, hp zbook workstation x360 g5

>Razer Blade 1070

Why the fuck do you need that type of graphical power?

XPS and Macs are pretty common choices within business because they are well suited to do particular tasks. It sounds like you just want a free gaming station..

It's not just for work though, while they are buying the laptop, it will still be owned by me and I will be using at home, for gaming and work, hence the need for graphical power.

Basically every laptop you will choose someone will have something to say against it. Just buy something with good specs

If you think your boss is willing to put down an extra 1000 dollar just so you can waste your time gaming, then sure go for it.

However, as a non gaymer I'd honestly feel embarrassed to ask for it.

But yeah do whatever makes you happy.

Aero15X or some thinkpad T4XX

OP implied that his budget was around 3k though

ASUS ZenBooks are pretty dank, I don't know why there are not that many people using them, but it really feels better than a Mac and is lighter than a Mac.

>work
>144hz monitor
Lmfao just get a macbook pro 2015 fully loaded

>gaming on your work laptop

Attached: 9BA94228068B46138828BD23FAC4D566.gif (344x344, 2.9M)

Get a thinkpad x1 with a killer 1440p ultra bright and perfect collor screen. The yoga x1 isn't bad either.

TRUST.

Attached: 1542511185264.jpg (354x259, 22K)

God tier taste

>yoga x1
i though thinkpad people didn't consider that a real thinkpad?

The yoga x1 has it's uses especially for (digital) artists. Dedicated graphics and the 1440p color perfect bright screen it comes with is hard compare.

Personally I would just get a X1 or a T model. I'm waiting for the Zen2 laptop chips in 2020 before I upgrade my old modded dell 14 Chromebook.

Get a laptop with the best keyboard and screen selection. Lenovo finally offers both.

>.NET
>macbook

OP, how long did it take you to learn ASP?
Really struggling here.

Not very long, shit's easy if you know C# and basic web shit like HTML, CSS and JS. Once you understand the MVC pattern it shouldn't be an issue

Don't know why you'd assume I'd be gaming during work hours, which I wouldn't. I will be using it at home as well, like I stated before.

.net and wangblows are the real problem here. He should just get a job as a java dev

>java
Nice meme bro

>intends to do serious work
>wants to buy a gayming laptop

good luck /v/tard

I've learned C# and EF reasonably well I think, however, I now fuck all about HTML, CSS and JS. Should I learn those first before trying to get into MVC?

You can easily learn those as you go

the amount of shittalk under this thread makes me laugh

developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web
MVC is just pattern design
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Apps/Fundamentals/Modern_web_app_architecture/MVC_architecture

>implying java is a meme and .net isnt
Nice meme bro

XPS 15 2018 edition
my choice if had to buy new laptop right now

review
notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-2018-9570-8300H-GTX-1050-97Wh-Laptop-Review.308420.0.html

get the 17" Razor Blade Pro, if you use the touchpad a lot you'll love the touchpad on the side of the keyboard. This is an absolute top spec laptop for only about $2000. You need good graphics just to do everyday stuff, dont get some stupid thinkpad and end up with the fans blowing all the time when its jugging on a video streaming or something like that with its shitty integrated graphics.

Dont let anyone give you shit about using a gaming laptop, yes a the looks of a lot of gaming laptops are childish with the crazy colors and logos, but this one is passable as a daily driver.

Attached: 456885-new-razer-blade-pro-2017.jpg (810x456, 49K)

Yeah that's what I assumed.

It's more about the degenerate lifestyle that is typically associated with gamers. For a lot of gaming addicts its:

games > healthy food
games > exercise
games > social skills
games > technical skills
games > proper sleeping habits

I'll admit that I used to game way too much when I was younger, so maybe I am biased, and you are not like that. But yeah thats my conception of it.

Unironically recommending a Mac, muh unix compilant OS!

[spoiler]Warning offensive content, typical mac user[/spoiler]
images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/1/13/Typical.mac.user.jpg

Yeah good luck building macos/ios software on anything that but a mac. And good luck using popular UI/UX tools such as Sketch.

I hate mac as much as the next guy on Jow Forums, but unless you want to build a company that serves exclusively to neckbeards you are probably going to need to concede to having some of your employees using macs.

on a side note though, he'll be working with .NET, he'll need windows for that shit, I mean he can install windows dual boot on a mac, but idk.

Check the Thinkpad X1 Extreme, you can custom it with 1TB SSD (2 ssds on raid), bump up the CPU, and you're golden.

As far as I know, no one here recommended buying a mac, so I assumed you were talking in generic terms.

And yeah for .net obv get a windows machine.

Also, dual boot/virtual machines generally sucks ass for anything but small projects.

This

/thread

>Why the fuck do you need that type of graphical power?
>XPS and Macs are pretty common choices within business because they are well suited to do particular tasks. It sounds like you just want a free gaming station..
I honestly cant believe people would spend this much money to get intel integrated graphics

Are you retarded or autistic?

Here's a '>you', sounds like you need it.

Attached: A-Cheerful-Dog.jpg (625x833, 33K)