Why is Lincux so badly designed that you can delete all your data accidentally without so much as a warning or...

Why is Lincux so badly designed that you can delete all your data accidentally without so much as a warning or confirmation prompt?

youtu.be/QxFNkmJNuE4

Attached: LinNerds seething.webm (1334x750, 2.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

infoworld.com/article/2613171/networking/samba-4-review--no-substitute-for-active-directory----yet.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is Wincux so badly designed that you can delete all your data accidentally without so much as updating your system?

Attached: 1538842307022.png (1416x1756, 1.21M)

literally who is this guy.

It happens when you touch shit you shouldn't. Both Windows and Mac lock you in so it's harder to fuck up. Also

Sudo literally is a confirmation prompt. Maybe you shouldn't be a wheel user.

>implying I’m a Wintoddler
L M A O

Someone with more money and fans than you

>storing all assets of an expensive project on a home pc
Yikes

>Someone with more money and fans than you
rekt

Attached: smug.png (173x157, 34K)

Actually clever of him to trigger neckbeards to write angry comments on his videos. Refurbish an cracked article into a 10 min video, and add in some contreversy. Guaranteed views.

This would have happened on LITERALLY any other server OS, you actual retard. When you type a command to delete stuff, it deletes stuff. What a fucking revelation.

Windows asks for confirmation :)

More fans, yes. I'm not a 12 yr old girl thirsty for attention so I don't care tho. More money, literally no way.

Ubuntu Christian Edition is not a server OS though and it still does this

A wannabe film director who's failed in his so-called career, so he makes "video essays" on YouTube about topics he clearly doesn't understand (and hasn't researched). Watch that video if you have an ad-blocker, it's got some top cringe in it. He says "master server" more than once, and implicitly states that only "fanboys" use Linux *on servers*. Yeah, that's right, this smug technologically illiterate hipster knows better than every systems administrator on Earth. He knows best, which is that you should use Mac OS for your backup server.

Imagine being this unapologetically ignorant.

These are the same person btw.

Oh yeah? Would that have made a single fucking difference? Clearly they were already retarded enough to hit the enter key once, what would have stopped them doing it again?

Only two of those posts are me :3

>Someone with more money and fans than you

keep going.
everyone is very convinced because of that argument.

Attached: file.png (800x472, 834K)

>failed in his career
>makes a video per week
>gets about 100k views per week
Jealous much? Dude is making literal bank, regardless of anyones adblock lol.

this

if you are a system administrator, you shouldn't drink glue.

if you aren't then what the fuck are you doing poking around in a server?

this OP is the most retarded baiter ever

Imagine being this cucked.

>more money
I doubt that

imagine using windows server or osx server (lmao) for your storage.
Purchasing a license for several thousand dollars just to host your data, and having a fucking huge ressource overhead because of fancy UIs.

for
a
glorified
nas.

Call me when linturds has anything as powerful as AD. LOL

>culture essayist doesn't know about the right terminology in his comedic video essay
Dude sounds like Satan, You should probably rape his mom user, he deserves it.

66666 dibs

>Sudo literally is a confirmation prompt. Maybe you shouldn't be a wheel user.
/T
H
R
E
A
D

ITT: appeals to authority and popularity because macfags are npcs who can't think for themselves.

>Dude is making literal bank,
hahahahahahaha

You clearly don't know how YouTube works.

fuck niggers

remind me why I should host an AD on a NAS?
I can just use a regular DC for that, which most coorps have anyways. Including a linux-based storage in an existing AD is easy.

Also chances are they use OSX at disney studios anyways so what the fuck do they need an AD for?

This might have been the most retarded video I have ever watched

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I GOT FUCKING QUINTS

BASED QUINTS OF TRUTH

>>>r/Jow Forums

it assumes you are a genius and you intended to do that.
this is in contrast to assuming you are retarded and need your hand held.

Samefag

nice digits, don't do anything silly to ruin them like self-checking.

I don't even know what you are trying to tell me.
are you just mixing buzzwords at this point?

>>Jow Forums

>I’m perfect, I never miss type anything

not those, but
and
were both me.

samba. freak.

Only children from /b/, Jow Forums and reddit check digits like an autist.
Why don’t you go worship kek for a while?

>QUINTS
Global Rule #3.

>samba
>comparable in any way
LMAO
infoworld.com/article/2613171/networking/samba-4-review--no-substitute-for-active-directory----yet.html

This guy is a complete fool, tool and hes not even remotely self aware. You need to rethink your life too.

echo -e "alias rm='rm -i'\nalias mv='mv -i'\nalias cp='cp -i'" >> ~/.bashrc
can you at least copy and paste without making a mistake? or is that something you need someone to hold your hand for, too?

crap.

I could honestly roast this man so fucking hard he couldn't walk for a week.

get real

friendly reminder to touch -- -i in any important directory

in accordance to the rules, I reported my posts for breaking global rule #3.

goodbye friends :(

sudo purge OP

>having this much of a complex

Based quints

that's a neat trick, thanks. i put in the default bashrc of all the systems i administrate. i figure if somebody knows enough to disable it then they know enough to be trusted without it. this trick is a really cool backup, though.

>not windows
>not linux
must be a faggot, not because you use mac, but because of this stupid fucking thread.

jealous loser

>100k views per week
>not literal bank
Don't be fucking stupid. 100k x 5 minutes of viewer retention (being generous, since most of his videos are double that).

That's well over 8k hours of human life glued to their web service. What you could achieve if you used that many hours into something? See the value?

>He's making so much bank he has to go on a board of social outcasts to post his video and brag about how much money he supposedly makes.

No one defends someone this hard. You've removed your mask.

The internet runs on Linux for a reason. It has its merits and the people who complain about it either do not need the merits it has or are too stupid to use it. Or they want to stir shit because they need to make money on their shitty YouTube videos.

>linux is a direct threat to my cartoons
>it HAS to be stopped

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 13K)

proved my point moron lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

No one here actually watched the video because they'd know that this whole thread was a one second joke he made at the end of the video and at no time seriously suggest Linux sucks

Didn't watch the video.

>Accidentally delete or overwrite file.
>Don't have snapshots.
>Don't have backups.
Somehow this is Linux's fault.

Leave commie faggot

"Content Creators" make about $1/1000 views. $100 (before taxes) per video is pretty shit.

>not doing everything as root on your linux machine
>wanting more security than back in the good old DOS days
kids these days......

$100 a week is even worse

It does warn you now-a-days. You have to type out a sentence to confirm what you're doing.

Why look into things when gkh cn just ahtjcigl reeeeEeww insfs?

>>implying I’m a Wintoddler
>L M A O
*buy MacBook to fit in with the LGBTQAZ+ club at uni*
*MacBook shits the bed forcing you to take it in so a genius can look at it*
*genius tells you it's $1200 to fix*
"sorry the SSD is soldered to the motherboard so you won't be getting your data back lmao"

>the files were gone
Not really, they were deleted not overwritten. They could of easily got the filesystem rebuilt.

Retards will be retards. The IT department were retards playing hot-potato with gernades while knee high in gasoline. They should of all gotten fired.

"Content Creator" is not a job title. They're entrepreneuers, not labourers. They don't get paid a wage by the big man - they get paid by the "wealth" they have created.

$1/1000 is low-balling it to a stupidly jealous degree anyway (especially considering it's been consistent content).

Even though I'm a winfag and generally despise Linux for being shit and it's fanboys for praising it, this guy is a literal retard, negative IQ level.

Does this prompt you for every file or just once?

the quints of truth have spoken

get real

seething

sudo is a confirmation prompt. And he specified -f to disable the rest of the confirmation prompts. The guy was just retarded and should have been fired.

what do you dislike about Linux? Not baiting, just curious

>shows that someone had typed both the delete command AND used the wildcard operator for ALL
>uses -f to disable the confirmation prompt
>says it was an accident
Yeah, it must TOTALLY be the fault of linux that someone went out of their way to not only disable confirmation prompt but also to use the wild card operator.... on the delete command. You can literally do the same thing in Windows and macOS with their respective terminals.

>slash bin slash rm
>master machine
>master drive
>today, you can only store your important shit in a cloud
>loonix doesn't have a gui
>shilling
Why do i always get tricked into watching these literally who's?

>reads a chapter from a book
>adapts it to youtube retards
>30 second story turns into 10 minute video
gas all e celebs

>barely rolled out to anyone as it required a manual update
>only affected people using custom library settings
>was immediately pulled and next time the update came it was fixed
Wow it's fucking nothing

linux?
This was in like 95 and they were using SGI machines
fucking white niggers

Just because a system isn't designed to prevent the user from being a complete moron does not mean it has been badly designed.

why are there so many threads complaining about stuff lately?

i'm not pointing any fingers but there are certain people that are famous for being useless and whinny and are NOT fucking retarded at all

Linux users who know what they're doing are super pro and the ones who deserve the OS won't fuck up like that.

Sorry my dude, but I think you're the one that doesn't know how it works. If you're making less than $7.50 per 1000 views, something is seriously wrong. If this dude works a normal day job and makes a video per week in his spare time, He's pulling down an extra 40k/year before taxes. That's not bad for a video that takes about a day or two to plan mentally while at work, an evening of one of those days after work to write out the notes or script, and the another evening to film and edit it. So all told, dude is probably burning about 10 hours of his own free time so that means he's making about $75/hr in his spare time. Even if he works an absolute shit job like flipping burgers, he's still looking to pull down high 5 figures for working a day job so easy a stoner or retard could do it, and making videos talking about topics that interest him. Guaranteed you can't say the same. You're either autistic on NEETbux, living with your parents, or working a fuck load harder than he is for same or less money. Stay penis buttmad and jealous.

Attached: 1516587704297.jpg (300x245, 23K)

sounds like a facebook status from a middle-aged woman trapped in a multi-level marketing scheme

Smells like this post was written by a jelly NEET poorfag trapped in his moms basement.

gnu/linux systems are designed for people who aren't retarded
like other sane UNIX-like systems, it is a powerful tool and if you use it incorrectly there are powerful consequences
if you find yourself in a bit of a pickle because the OS isn't designed to be retard-proof, go back to le macfuck and winblows

an operating system is a tool
axes aren't made to be retard-proof
hammers aren't made to be retard-proof
chainsaws aren't made to be retard proof

what we are seeing today is the consequence of gifting superior technology to inferior beings
this is what happens when you hand a powerful tool to an irresponsible toddler

I guarantee that I make more than him and work less. I manage bots for a living and my bots do a majority of my job.

what an idiot. quit shilling yourself on Jow Forums

>Linux
>designed

It's created by a bunch of no life NEETs with nothing better to do. There is no design, it's just a bunch of retards flailing around randomly making shit.

It's just a kernel. Nothing more.

Because it's for people are aren't retards

Wait a minute OSX server is something that exists?

Yes, has done for nearly two decades.