Is this a meme? Why?

Is this a meme? Why?

Attached: arch.jpg (550x461, 23K)

Only meme about it is people calling it "minimal". In fact, it's the opposite. That's actually fine for most users as things generally just werk. They follow upstream closely and don't allow many deeper options (eg. archs, libc, init etc. etc.). If you're fine with only having the option to choose wm/de/applications and nothing else, it's fine.

Pretty good.

Arch is a terrible distro

If you want a truly minimlist distro, use Void. Otherwise it's nice for tinkering. But I reccomend using Artix instead. It's the same as Arch, bit without Systemd.

mandatory hourly updates

I like it because it has exactly what I want because I put exactly what I want on it and nothing else.

all desktop Linux is a meme, arch is just a little more of a meme than average.

God awful distro. Once I got everything setup which took forever. Nothing worked. Error after error after glitch after glitch.

Arch has been the best distro I've used thus far. Even Manjaro and Antergos, which are meant to be more user friendly (and generally are) have run pretty poorly for me. Arch never seizes up on me and hasn't broken like the meme claims.

reasons I use it
>it's l33t
>I can't into apt/sources.list
>archwiki
>pacman feels much faster then apt

Its literally impossible to have errors and glitches on Arch unless you are literally retarded.

No Arch is the best distro. Run Luke Smith's LARBs after installing it and you can get a good keyboard based i3 install all automatically configured for you. AUR packages have everything you could ever ask for, it's filled with stuff I couldn't get on Debian. The Arch wiki can answer any question you have. It's awesome.

visudo would crash once i hit esc but i guess my finger pressing esc is just retarded.

>run Luke Smith's LARBs
do people actually do this shit?
have some self respect

Attached: 1528400822649.png (1092x1050, 120K)

> i3 install all automatically configured for you
how do they know bindings I use?

>have some self respect

Implying being comfy is having no self respect.

I wanted i3, vim, ranger, and everything else installed and configured for me.. Why wouldn't I?

just think wtf do you need from your computer
gentoo's philosophy is about making an utilities for doing all the sys stuff even more comfortably
when arch is another wannabe os such as ubuntu or whatever 99% of shitty distros with another binary package manager preinstalled systemd genkernel all bloatness and the main feature which aur is i guess is just a pillar or binary virused shit
there is literally no sense for trying to debloat this shit when you can install some gentoo or compile everything following lfs guide

do you wipe your ass yourself?

It uses his bindings and you can add your own afterwords. The default bindings are probably better than what you have anyway.

let us remind them, manjarbros

Attached: 1542501901157.png (1000x922, 1.01M)

Do you build your own house by yourself even when other people offer to do it for free?

no what you are doing is equivalent of letting some stranger decorate your room with his posters and anime figures

Depends on your objective.
Choose Arch, if you want operating system to be your daily job

Today I will remind them.

Attached: lol.png (1062x664, 114K)

That image doesn't make any sense.

Just like any other distro

stay mad

Attached: 1524083154956.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

You seem to have a touch of the 'tism friend.

Attached: visual_support.jpg (550x321, 21K)

false.

What is the difference without systemd? What won't I be able to do? Will i3 work without it? Sorry for being a brainlet

Attached: 1541817650688.gif (618x894, 21K)

Attached: mom.png (220x229, 6K)

There is no difference any normal user would care about, its just autism.

computer programs are not posters or anime figures, they are tools to get stuff done.

cute

Attached: seeing_red.jpg (260x335, 21K)

nice

Attached: AA455CAF-04C9-4B3F-8093-2315A325B17C.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

>the point of this mongolian basket weaving forum is not to make fun of others, especially archfags

Attached: 1534478385543.jpg (628x625, 108K)

ok

Attached: 1413846682215.jpg (500x1638, 275K)

is the arch installation considered manual these days?

at this point you can consider LfS

Just because you don't know how, it does not make it false.