/spg/ - Smartphone General

Moto G7 Plus Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Moto-G7-Plus.jpg (894x1065, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

char.gd
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone1=9350&idPhone2=9320
cnet.com/news/t-mobile-black-friday-deal-free-iphone-xr-lg-samsung-galaxy-phones-s9-s8-active/
aliexpress.com/item/Original-VKWORLD-T2-PLUS-4G-Mobile-Phone-Android-7-0-3GB-32GB-Quad-Core-Flip-Smartphone/32850460146.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAM88DW6649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder marques brownless admitted on joe rogan podcast that tech reviewers are actual shills who get paid for favorable reviews and they all use iphones and pixels

Sony Xperia XA2 for 165€, yes or no?
5.2" 1080p screen
3300mAh battery
sp630
3GB RAM
32GB memory plus SD

I know about the top and bottom bezels, they don't bother me.

Is the Nokia 8 for $320, even if is almost one year old?
Should I get a pocomeme instead?

Are there any big issues with the Nokia 6.1?

Attached: 1522355619642.jpg (1013x626, 388K)

>reminder marques brownless admitted on joe rogan podcast that tech reviewers are actual shills who get paid for favorable reviews and they all use iphones and pixels
More news at 11, etc.
Curious coming from him though.

Any phones to look out for during Black Friday? There's an S7 for 239 euros right now.

My iapple 6s is gonna die any day now. If i dont find a se 128gb for a decent price i ll be force to “upgrade”. I was looking ar the one plus 6t, but the lack of headphone is a no no for me. What are options do i have if i want decent hardware, good quality photos, headphone jack and a life cycle of atleast 3 years?

Thanks

You can review a phone and say it's amazing, without being a shill. Still doesn't mean you have to carry it

Nokia, Samsung or Xiaomi, if they have your bands.
I was going to name Motorola but they have been on a downhill as lately.

he literally said they're paid for reviews. he gave huawei as an example, saying you'd think based on the paid reviews that they'd all be using huawei mate 20 pros, but they all used iphones.

One plus 6?
Pretty much same phone except FP reader on back, bigger notch and has a headphone jack
Or just use a dongle with 6T, it's not an issue at all

I currently have a S7 Active on AT&T but its passed its 2 year mark and im thinking about upgrading but i haven't found anything that i like.

What my requirements are.
>physical front 3 buttons below screen
>as durable or more durable
>new usb-c style port
>as fast or faster
>as big or bigger battery

Nice to haves are
>removable battery
>dual sim
>expandable storage

I wish I could afford an iphone.

>US
>ATT
>Currently: iPhone 7 Plus
>no budget

Trying to move away from this old brick. Want to keep iMessage or something similar

What are good phones for video? Stabilization and even at night.

whats a good midrange phone? my last phone was an HTC m9 back when it released and i will not pay what i paid for that phone again, i was thinking about a huawei p20 lite or a pocomeme any other suggestions? the diferences between those 2 would have to really be worth it for the price jumps

also
>MX
>Telcel
>budget of about 6,500MX

Of course some are paid. Huawei has a gigantic marketing budget and can afford buying reviewers. But not everyone. MKBHD seems pretty based (although his eternal love for OnePlus is a bit suspicious). Also Dave Lee

And to be fair Mate 20 Pro is a top-tier phone, on par with Note9, Pixel 3XL and iPhoneX, I'm sure it got loads of great reviews that were deserved

whats the cheapest way to get an s9 or s9+ this week

open to switch carriers since mum is kicking me off her plan

>whats the cheapest way to get an s9 or s9+ this week
a gloryhole at your nearest gas station

Check amazon, some phones are on offer+10% with coupon.

probably 550 on ebay for s9 plus
I don't see it getting any lower than that

okay see you there :)

My iPhone 6 is shutting off whenever I do anything more than basic usage. I enjoy the experience and mostly do npc stuff with it. I’m looking at either the oneplus 6t or the XR. Besides the obligatory applul comments, any reason why I should for the 6t? Will it last me as long as my iPhone 6 has considering I got it at release?

Anyone with a Pixel 2XL or a a phone with curved glass in general know of a decent screen protector?
I refuse to pay $40ish dollars for a whitedome...
Hell I'll even take a plastic one instead of tempered glass

OH NONONO

char.gd
/blog/2018/google-refuses-to-acknowledge-a-crippling-pixel-3-camera-bug

>gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone1=9350&idPhone2=9320

6T is better at every single thing, literally. Costs $300 less
Why would you even consider XR? why would anyone..?

Attached: 1496866429437.jpg (250x201, 25K)

Do you live at a beachfront where something actually threatens to scratch your modern phone glass?

Redmi Note 5, bro

anyone know if the G7/+ is gonna have mSD support?

Yeah, there's plenty of beaches in Cali, not to mention tree burnings.
Even Gorilla Glass gets tiny scratches

>Apple
>Commiefornia
Who would have guessed
But jokes aside I have an xr as a second phone and it's good if you don't care about the price, which if you have a good job it shouldn't be a problem

I wish I was a rich american who could afford these phones instead of being a poorfag from canada.

Attached: 1520197945929.png (1200x512, 1.18M)

S7 still worth buying?

I'm still using the 5s with no issues.
I can't believe it's still getting updates 6 years down the line.

Attached: file.png (572x572, 207K)

XS Max

I got an Htc10 at the beginning of the year and lately it's been shitting the bed randomly dying at 90% and other annoyances. I'm thinking of either getting a new phone for black friday, or trying to get the HTC repaired. What sounds like the better option? If I were to get a new phone my budget would be like $300-400

>notch
Oh come the fuck on.

>Apple
Huh, trouble reading there?
How do you get Apple from Pixel 2 XL?

Yes my bad I associated that comment with the guy asking about the xr
t. Retard

>that ant screen
>those bezels

Attached: 1538936017587.jpg (248x189, 18K)

>physical buttons
>removable battery
Phones don't have these anymore

Should I just buy an iPhone if I want long term durability and software support?

Attached: 1529875116187.jpg (1456x2048, 238K)

iPhone Xs / Xs Max

Is vector OS pie good for the MI8? It seems like the way to go

the CAT s61 has physical buttons.

Has anybody had any experience with the CAT memephones?

Redmi Note 5

What country? T-Mobile in the US will give you a free S9 (among other phones) if you open a new line and trade in an eligible phone:
cnet.com/news/t-mobile-black-friday-deal-free-iphone-xr-lg-samsung-galaxy-phones-s9-s8-active/

What are the DOWNSIDES of the note 5? What do other comparable phones of the segment have to hold against it?

LGs user, the true savior

It literally looks like my moto g6+ but with a tear-drop notch and the FP reader on the back

I'll pass

It'll likely to have it. Pretty much every Motorola phone so far has.

No

Probably not worth trying to repair it, since it's likely our of warranty. What's your carrier?

>receive redmi note 6 pro
>gf has crappy oppo
>gets completely jealous over xiaomi greatness

good feels

Coverage for burger carriers
NFC

I have one, very nice imo. Running lineage os at the moment, performance it's perfectly fine for me but I don't play games
Battery life is great, screen OK, camera nothing great

Im switching to a Samsung s5 today, to finally move away from IOS. I've done a little research on roms and shit and there's just assloads of shit to learn. Is there any simple debloated rom anyone recommends? I just wanna rice it and have decent battery life

someone pls help me chink myself

Attached: MadThad_0.jpg (500x375, 48K)

I have an S6 edge and its feeling really dated be careful.

Is there an equivalent of apple pay that is supported in Canada on android?

I want to ditch the wallet so I can wear slimmer pants.

Attached: 1519148488203.jpg (1254x1771, 101K)

Official LineageOS

>Dis nigga.

You think it's 2012?

>Using the NFC jew

Attached: 1532198638566.jpg (780x840, 155K)

Is updating something like Lineage as easy as getting official Android OTA updates? I assume the installation might annoying but if it's quite the process whenever updates are out I'd rather not bother.

That post would get you banned on /hm/ for being a fag.

What would be better than S7 for that price range? It's around 262 USD right now.

holy fuck, some retards find a way to hate every single thing

Way out of my budget range. I can only afford like 400 dollars tops.

>not hating everything

Attached: angry mozgus.png (240x240, 64K)

Is the Pixel 3 Lite going to be the new best phone?
It seems to have all the right things going for it.

>two notch

Attached: Average Soy Boy But Blends Into Background.png (118x188, 37K)

ironic dumbphone renaissance

Attached: P1280241.jpg (1400x1050, 231K)

That looks fucking awesome
Where can I get that?

Is it android? Is the top screen touch? Can it run clover?

Attached: 1533346175540.png (1003x1200, 737K)

Japan, au carrier, not android, not touch screen. Has some apps like browser, line, etc. but it's more of a replacement for ガラケー than a smartphone.

When does the mi mix 3 have it's global release?
I want my new phone to have the greatest screen to body ratio possible.

where is pasta guy

Lame. I would pay like $400 for an android with a proper keypad.

>sliding phone

Attached: el risitas.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Official LineageOS builds get OTA updates

aliexpress.com/item/Original-VKWORLD-T2-PLUS-4G-Mobile-Phone-Android-7-0-3GB-32GB-Quad-Core-Flip-Smartphone/32850460146.html

>Probably not worth trying to repair it, since it's likely our of warranty. What's your carrier?

Verizon. I talked to a repair shop and they said its most likely the battery and would cost $150. I like my phone but I'm worried that this will be a reoccurring problem and maybe just want to get something more reliable instead of repairing my current phone.

I don't see a problem with the sliding phone meme.
What other phone can I get that will have a high stb ratio?

Mi 8 128 GB.
>assload to learn
Could be, but it's as dumbed down as ever. However, the S5 in 2018. isn't the best idea.
I'll do it.

How do I get files off an old Android phone I don't know the passcode to?

Attached: [Daikirai] Stella no Mahou - 08 [720p].mp4_snapshot_12.05_[2016.11.22_23.38.49].jpg (1280x720, 426K)

THREADLY REDPILL:

enjoy your 'innovashun' and 'curridge'
i.e.
>notches
>phones so thin and bezels so thin that you can't ever grip the phone properly, making drops more likely
>glass sandwich for more fragility
>lack of 3.5mm jack - carry dongles instead!
>lack of micro sd card slot - use da cloud and stream everything
>no SIM card slot - hurr durr le smart sim!!!
>high and higher pixel densities which are pointless because we're already at the point where you can't discern any more - even 1080 is the max anyone needs - 1440 is a meme that simply taxes the chip and thus the battery more
>smaller and smaller batteries (but we made it more 'efficient', goyim! less is more hehehe)
>no more fingerprint sensor - either it's under the screen, or it scans your face instead

>and now...FOLDABLE SCREENS! "i need a foldable screen!" (said no one). Just another solution to a problem no one had in the first place. That'll be three thousand dollars, goyim. You should buy it, don't you want to fund future INNOVASHUN?? You're holding humanity back, you're halting PROGRESS!

Face it, we reached peak smartphone about 3 years ago. Everything since then has been about making phones worse, not better (and more expensive for an ever worse experience)

Attached: 1542550040128.jpg (490x586, 16K)

LG V30+ 128GB is on sale for $399:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAM88DW6649

Need a

So far leaks say no notch.

no jack, no buy

Thanks, will check them out

What notch?

Attached: 5ogWRa6D4hks.jpg (1500x1125, 244K)

nice

Attached: 1539773211342m.jpg (768x1024, 92K)

It has a jack you luddite fuck.

December or January

Maybe Xiaomi's event in Jew York would announce it

is there a general recommended phone or minimum spec set for mobage?

If it doesn't have a jack that's fair enough.

Any phone in the last two years.

Nubia X with the no front cam, back screen for selfies with the main can.

Attached: 43d38345e66361724153100b5c9938e4[1].png (420x420, 62K)

>Is the Pixel 3 Lite going to be the new best phone?
>It seems to have all the right things going for it.
Like not being viable anywhere outside of the US from the very beginning? Lackluster build quality, no micro SD card slot since the beginning, headphone jacks disappearing and reappearing randomly? Doesn't look good to me.