Newegg hacked

>Got a letter in the mail today saying that newegg.com had a breach in september and if you bought anything from august to now your credit card number,expiration date, code, name, address everything was stolen

Fucking faggots

Attached: logo_424x210[1].png (424x210, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/news/363870/newegg-hacked-to-steal-customers-credit-card-data
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine how many companies get breached and never say shit about it.

post pic

god fucking damnit of course i had to order something during that time

1 min

Take out some cash, cancel card, get new one in a few days. Done.

>not using virtual cards in current year
>wew

if u used paypal would ur shit get leaked

Seriously? I haven't bought anything in a while, but I finally decided to buy something last week

Attached: 1535745528970.png (664x720, 615K)

Are you fucking serious? I just bought some shit 3 weeks ago from them

MY PHONE WONT CONNECT TO MY PC
REEEEE

I tried sending the pic through sms but it distorts it to unreadable

did you turn it on and got past the lock screen?

You dumb rart email it to yourself, or mobilepost

Okay turns out it was *only* a month of breach time, still fuck

Attached: fuck.png (636x380, 555K)

seems legit then

I hope it didn't affect the canadian version of the site, placed some orders within that time ;-;

glad I deleted my account this summer.

yep, last time i use newegg. a few months ago they tried to fuck me with sales taxes, and now this. bye bye newshit

>saving your credit card data at websites

Attached: f.jpg (784x750, 48K)

It was a skimming attack you brainlet

Anyone dumb enough to buy stuff from Newegg got their CC info skimmed and sent to a third party before going back to newegg

>tfw only buy stuff using paypal

Attached: 1542582662218.png (450x405, 95K)

>credit card
Good goys

Lol good thing I don't buy stuff.

>Newegg hacked
Is the suppose to be new? Hell any decent adblockers block newegg now. You dumb shits deserve it at the point

Attached: 1515264998203.jpg (1422x800, 98K)

Which adblockers block newegg?

>hacked
They've been getting "hacked" a lot since they were bought out by the chinks.

"Hangzhou New Century Information Technology Co., Ltd." owns newegg now. Breaches, and hacks will be a common occurrence as it has had been since they bought newegg.

>mfw I found out newegg was hacked

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-19 Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg com.png (405x564, 63K)

Its a good feel

Attached: 1419391857716.jpg (249x243, 17K)

paypal is just as shady, I wouldn't trust them at all

Why?

Turns out the old people were right about online shopping

This plus mail box service.

this was reported months ago how are you just hearing about it now

wrong

literally the first result when I did a search you dumb asshole

pcmag.com/news/363870/newegg-hacked-to-steal-customers-credit-card-data

Wrong

Paypal's policy of attacking smaller businesses is Chink tier. If you accept money through Paypal or store a lot of money on Paypal and you're a small business / individual they hate you enough to actively go out of their way to screw you over: denying payments to you and freezing accounts for ambiguous reasons. They only give a shit about you once you become big enough to start blipping on their financial radar. If you use paypal only as a medium between your bank account and the stuff you buy online you're fine.

oh you're that kind of dipshit. got it. should have made your intentions clear from the start bucko.

wrong

Are you serious? Are there really people out there that don't know of the horrors of using Paypal as a seller?

And of course they won't be held accountable for it. Anyone sane would blacklist them permanently now.

Nobody said anything about using paypal as a seller though.

If you start blacklisting every major company that has had sensitive customer information stolen then you won't be able to do any sort of online shopping or banking.

Been using ebay and amazon for many years. They've yet to drop the ball in any way that affected me.

Also newegg's prices are nothing special. Any tech they sell can typically be found elsewhere for less. So they're really no big loss.

This x1000

Americans are pathetic. A great deal of america's biggest brands now belong to some chinkshit companies who are puppets for the commie government.

>A great deal of america's biggest brands now belong to some chinkshit companies who are puppets for the commie government.
And these brands now suffer from being "hacked" with loss of user credentials constantly. These false breaches happen far to often to be considered a coincidence.
Just face it the company is now owned by the chinks, and every order made through them is chinked as usual.

>smart plug
>a device that is always plugged in, or useless when not
>equipped with over-charging protection
What in the name of fuck is it charging?

>What in the name of fuck is it charging?
the botnet

>placed an order for a Pioneer VSX 932 on July 30th

luuuuucky

This is good advice. You can only do it by going through customer service. It takes about an hour but well worth it.

the buyer get all the benefits while the sellers are cucked. seems good to me. get a real job instead of selling shit on ebay.

the buyers really don't do much better desu senpai. sellers pass all these costs along to the buyers

Chinkshit is still cheap as hell while you are 100% protected from bullshit. I've had to deal with a few stinky chinkies and it's worked out every time. I wouldn't use ebay fror anything else. Direct purchases from reputable brands over their homepage is also comfy with paypal.

I don't give a fuck if they get my CC. Do you know how easy it is to reverse charges on a credit card? You think my bank believes Ivan in Bulgariastan is me? Now, if you paid with Paypal or a debit card, then you're fucked.

>Paypal or a debit card
what???

Oh shit, didn't know the chinese bought newegg. One more reason to use Amazon. As if newegg's slow as shit shipping times weren't enough.

transactions on debit cards are much more difficult to refund, that's why I never use mine, only CC. plus you get rewards $ back

>he thinks paypal is only used on ebay

Didn't a few years ago Newegg also had ransomware in one of their ads? Seems like they get hit a lot.

I'm glad I haven't touched them since 2016.

>buying anything off Newegg after TYOOL 2010
lmao why, all they do is price gouge now

>tfw got the letter
Will requesting a new card cover my ass assuming my bank still statement seems solid?

Attached: 1478404767332.jpg (300x297, 59K)

as a consume I don't give a fuck
you faggots ushered in all this "progress", live with it.

Newegg is shit. I havent bought anything from them since 2009. Was overpriced and took 4 weeks to arrive

Yes. Its not a big deal. You should use credit card and not debt for security though

Do decent Paypal alternatives even exist these days?

No, unless you consider buttcoin an alternative

Check your credit report, if you were affected by the Equifax breach just take advantage of Trusted ID, and check your online statements at least once a month. They should have already sent or in the progress of sending a new card to you. Talk to your bank rep about any savings that you may have and check how they will cover you in the event shit happens. Nothing to worry about, if you see shit like that happens just freeze your stuff.

does anyone still use TigerDirect?

It's 100% legit. I made the other thread and got about $500 stolen. The guys who did it were smart, they knew to hit up places that sort of looked like places I'd shop at (online hardware stores) and cash out at Home Depot (where I usually shop at).

Granted it's only $500, but fuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm still pissed.

I'm so thankful I deleted my account last fall

Fuckin chinese are ruining everything

Old news dude. I heard about this the month after it happened and figured there was still problems in the system.

fucking dropped HARD

Attached: dsadf.png (400x416, 236K)

The letters just hit this weekend so anyone who made a purchase but didn't hear about the breach is just now getting wind of it.

I hope Trump blockades China and they all starve.

>A great deal of america's biggest brands

just GE's consumer wing, which is why sales have been collapsing for them. As for Newegg, they're fucking toast now since everyone burned by this will use Amazon instead

This is about as late as Newegg could do it without getting into trouble with the law, they only burned early Xmas shoppers but figure they've sunk their Winter '18/19 sales now.

what if I just made a purchase last week from them, and before that, not since 2012? i'm safe, right?

>last week

No, get a new card now. They were at the very least compromised from August through September but it's likely to be much larger than that, considering their investigation pretty much ended on October 15th but letters only went out November 15th.

Better safe than sorry, getting a new card is easier than scrubbing a card, disputing payments, filing police reports and getting a new card.

Based and redpilled, only the strong survive

yea im just going to use amazon from now on. i mostly used newegg all this time because i like how the site is laid out, amazon always felt like a cluttered mess compared to it.

Is Jow Forums too cool for Newegg now?

Trump is too pussy to do it or he would have already done it when GOP controlled both chambers

he's already doing tariffs despite the GOP not wanting him to

it only goes downhill for China from here