I'm building a gaming pc on a budget...

I'm building a gaming pc on a budget, I usually play older games (like skyrim and civ5) and I rarely do anything that requires a lot of throughput. I can build either machine for exactly the same price. I'm open to overclocking however I want to get the most lifespan out of my chip and motherboard.
Which would be the best choice for me?

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 8K)

Forgot to say which cpu's I'm choosing from, I3 8100 or Ryzen 5 1400.

Questions related to videogames belong on

>CPU is not technology
since when?

r5 2600

Nigga, he said he's building a gaming PC.
is the proper board for video game discussions.
Jow Forums is not for discussing what CPU games the best.

>I do nothing but surf Jow Forums all day on my Linux machine, which means I'm the only valid user of technology!

Maybe he should just buy a console.
Im sure the people at will help him out a lot with which cpu to choose.

My 970 is making me regret upgrading right now. I over clocked it and it's blowing me away.

You have to go back to
You aren't welcome here.

Attached: 1540716214504.png (495x512, 245K)

Just get the 2200g since it’s value proposition is insane in most countries and use the money you saved to buy a better gpu

Attached: B58B20F0-02AE-40AB-99A0-59E2E81382AD.jpg (640x400, 66K)

what's your budget

Up to $200
Ill see how it compares to the others ty

>I'm building a gaming pc on a budget
If you have any sort of budget whatsoever AMD is the choice. The 9900k only makes sense when you have unlimited cash to burn and AMD is better at all other price points. On that not save a little more and get a Ryzen 5 2600 instead

OP likes to play older games. An unlocked Intel CPU would probably be op's best match up.

>buy quality AM4 mobo
>put 2200g or 2400g there
>save money for a dGPU and better CPU, possibly Zen2 later on

Does it matter when almost every modern cpu can run old games flawlessly? Atleast OP will get a pretty good integrated gpu with the 2200g and save quite a bit of money

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics, CPU Cores, 4 Threads 8, GPU Cores 11

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 ATX

I'd get an APU then wait for the monstrous Zen 2s that'll come out in 2019

Skyrim Legendary Edition loves IPC, and hates my Ryzen 1700x, I had more FPS with a fucking 4C/8T Xeon lol.

>I usually play older games
>(like skyrim and civ5)

If you can wait, wait for the next year's Zen 2 (Ryzen 3) with 7nm. I also want to maximize the lifespan and the next generation is going to be the real deal. I jumped the gun a bit by getting the first generation which has some cons. I can't always get the same FPS than Intel users with mine. The third generation will get there. After that I'm only going to upgrade the GPU occasionally.

I'm not a paid shill, I'm just impatient by nature which shows a bit in my tone. I've already decided to get one so now I can't wait for them to arrive.

Not OP but thinking about building a new unit next january. (Built a pretty solid config in 2012 which had a good life but is obviously completely outdated today)

Is it still possible to put an NVIDIA gpu on an AMD cpu/chipset ? Or is the only choice now between AMD+ATI and INTEL+NVIDIA ?

you can't build even a low end gaming rig with $200. save up another $200.

Not OP but have you ever actually been to /v/? There is no discussion of CPUs or even GPUs. Generally there is very little discussion of PC gaming at all, it's 99.9% consolefags.

I'd like to make a suggestion to help you not look like a gigantic faggot. Deal with the fact Jow Forums is where spec related PC gaming discussion occurs. If you can't process this in a adult manner simply don't click on threads like this and reply. I know this sounds really hard but it would be best for everyone involved including yourself.

You can run Ryzen/NVIDIA or you can run Intel+AMD just fine. All permutations are compatible

Civ V is over 8 years old and Skyrim is over 7 years old, they're not exactly "newer games" anymore.