/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __ayanami_azur_lane_drawn_by_sechka__6735606956519fc1e59a245c833fec65.png (2080x2880, 3.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8uLLAMMsdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ODQECXlumUI
audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT2
amazon.com/Actionpie-Headphones-Earbuds-Resolution-Earphones/dp/B071CV9HGL
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-new-jds-labs-atom-headphone-amp.5262/
aliexpress.com/item/Earphone-QKZ-KD6-in-Ear-Sports-Earphone-HiFi-subwoofer-with-6-speaker-units-3-drivers-noise/32829477205.html?
youtu.be/PC7WEQsiz08
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what were you doing the day of the headphone amp apocalypse (nov 15, 2018)?

Attached: atom_angle_1200.jpg (1000x400, 28K)

> How can you people stand digital nasties?

Daily reminder DSD is a pure analogue modulation of a 1 bit digital bitstream. there is no encoding or decimation.

Think about it. The DSD bitstream is just like the simple magnetic particles on R2R tape that have been modulated. DSD is no more digital than audio that was modulated by an FM carrier and stored on a VHS tape (abeit with modern solid state vlsi tech)

MINDS BLOWN

Attached: -1x-1.jpg (2500x1667, 567K)

>buy HD600
>low end is non-existent

listening to idol trash on magni 3 and enjoying it

>non-existent low end
noooooooo this is fine it's neutral they are the best headphone out there fucking delete this now

Attached: nobass.png (614x388, 32K)

B-but here are six graphs that show it has "bass"! The other hundred graphs are lies I swear!

Enjoying its higher powered balanced analogue (THX-AAA 799).

Attached: drama.png (808x650, 56K)

Why do Sennheisers have no bass? DT1990 has deep bass and it's an open back dynamic

enjoying music on my audio gd then ordering one of these

>make balanced schiit amp for le super epic power output
>name it after the homeland of the giants
>can't even put out more juice than a battery powered ifi amp

Bass is for niggers

The best part is how fucking enraged SBAF is over getting BTFO

Attached: Smuglifepepe.png (408x660, 79K)

>rap and bass is for nig-
youtube.com/watch?v=e8uLLAMMsdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ODQECXlumUI

schiit NPCs are so cute

yo the first one fucking bops

It's some kind of anigay trap

slightly weak sub-bass != non-existent

feel free to name a more neutral headphone that isn't etymotic er4

goddamn it really is a new age in headphone amps. great options at every price point, schiit left in the dust, sbaf left holding their dicks

If I can't feel it then it's not there.

just wait for these companies to get bored and start to make estat amps

>no it's just "slightly weak"
good cope

or estats in general

THX-AAA estat amp
I'd cum and spritzer would probably kill himself

Attached: 1541555339980.png (1144x2154, 1.52M)

What happened to the Audio General? Did you fags scare them off to /reddit/ and /ASR/?

Not enough speakerfags to sustain a 24/7 general.

Attached: IMG_20181118_141213535.jpg (3200x2400, 2.81M)

nice dolls homo

So I bought a pair of headphones from Amazon and I decided I don't like them. Obviously the box is opened and all that.
I have Googled around and I see people saying you can get away with returning stuff like this to Amazon as long as you haven't done it a dozen times before. What reason should I select in the return menu though? "No longer needed"?

Attached: 1541861973929-1.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

more like speakerfags are obnoxious snowflakes who can't meme and are basically the leftypol equivalent of /hpg/. can't understand why anyone would want to post there

What the fuck? Is that a pair of upturned centers and subs? I mean, if it works, it works...and I guess that there really isn't any need for the /ag/, since the answer boiled down to: buy JBLs, Genelecs or Neumanns, and if you don't, we'll shower you with spite and derision.

> SBAF getting BTFO

honestly this just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside thinking all the self harm those faggots will commit when they realise how much money they have pissed away over the years to be in their pretentious faggy club

Attached: 1540056857688.jpg (500x500, 96K)

They're also way more prone to snake oil garbage.
Basically yeah, ascend sells them in pairs so I'm assuming they did some funky tuning to make them function. They measure well enough.

Dual subs for 20hz wall rattling.

why not stack your dac and amp so you can slide your keyboard up

stacking silver on black is harman

i dont go anywhere near /ag/ even though i own R2R tape machines and am en expert at room eq and programming digital crossovers because some fag keeps bullying my tannoy speakers i repaired by sticking a ribbon tweeter to the front ...... they are balanced quad amped too with a huge sub :/

> dual subs
> dat carpet

i too have owned a nighclub level SPL system while living with my parents. Have fun before you inevitably get kicked out ;)

Attached: Digital CX .jpg (2448x3264, 1.89M)

>speakerfag
>immediately gets condescending
/ag/ is right over there... oh wait it's dead. no one cares about your dumb speakers.

Attached: hideri gif 1.gif (500x562, 2.94M)

what listen to you on your foneheads anonalona

Attached: IMG_20181119_201747.jpg (1305x1740, 273K)

Back here. I scrapped my speaker build, so I'm not sure what I'm doing now.
I don't think I could sustain interest there.

also this is the sub i built 15 years ago and designed with bass box pro simulation software

- dual 12" carbon voice coil
- -6db @ 20hz
- 600watt DIY amp
- regularly pushes past 112db (c) on the calibrated measurement mic

because of it and my love of IEMS i dont own any cans so really arent allowed on /hpg/

Attached: IMG_5005.JPG.jpg (2448x3264, 1.18M)

>i dont own any cans
FUCK OFF, HEADPHONE GENERAL

Attached: lKtPtE6.jpg (500x137, 12K)

good cans aren't all that hard to get.
dt235s sound alright because i'm listening to a worn irish pub tape lol

Attached: IMG_20181119_204533.jpg (3480x4640, 3.66M)

I don't live with my parents lol, I'd be more worried about getting FUCKO'd by noise complaints.

lucky for me my parents live in a cul de sac so no noise complaints here

Uh, we discuss IEMs on the regular. At least, we used to...

speaking of did anyone preorder the tin t2?
takstars are now like 50usd so now is the time to get those.
tin t2s are "posting" rn :3
also my flash drives i ordered just came in. super nice.

Those headphone feet.

That coke bottle it could be........ my headphones?

actually i just bought some Takstar Pro 82 on 11.11 and i am really excited to be joining your sekret klub ( keen to see what they have to offer over my tine T2 DESU)

the secret to enjoying a fuck off loud stereo is to party from 2:30 - 530pm on a weekday no more than once a week.

no one is really around to complain or really make an argument and you get to watch the sunset too. I just moved out of here.. Fuck i miss that place.

Attached: IMG_3704.jpg (3264x2448, 1.63M)

>the retarded hardware eq guy is the tin t2 shill
of fucking course it is

Can't vouch for takstar club, but t2s should be nice.

Attached: IMG_20181119_210708.jpg (4640x3480, 2.18M)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Great OP.

Attached: 1520360381100.png (1280x720, 3.6M)

@slime-user: Enjoying so far.
I do approve, maki-user.
It's very cooling-off period. Just say you don't like them, literally.

Attached: 1541344977724.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

My setup is you using your headphone feet on me like the OP pic.

idol trash's twink boy feet WHEN?

Attached: pepegun.jpg (474x461, 26K)

>Uh, we discuss IEMs on the regular. At least, we used to...

pretty much this.... not many people are rocking campfire audio and the chink shit is getting really good but not really allowed here (time for a change)

>tin t2 shill

not for much longer. The Revonext QT2 i ordered have just arrived in my country and as soon as they hit my ears i will be shilling them on here non stop until there meme status eclipses the T2 ;)

audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT2

Attached: 68e1ece3-8c01-4955-bbda-71126aae4e20.jpg (604x766, 77K)

apie bs1
amazon.com/Actionpie-Headphones-Earbuds-Resolution-Earphones/dp/B071CV9HGL

Attached: 61VIUwMcQ5L._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

stop shilling the latest chink IEM like a reddit newfag. there is a new one every month.

agreed buying fotm chink shit aint worth it, just buy some 5 dollar iems and use an eq to change the sound

ive had one of these buds shit out on me in less than a month twice now. Dont buy this cheap trash.

do u wanna borrow mine owo
they havent broken yet

That slime is more popular than I.

Attached: 1517010540255.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

nice place user, i would love to sit in a comfy chair with a tube amp on that table outside with my hd600 and watch the sunset listening to some comfy jazz

Lol, I have/had a bunch of CA IEMs, and when I posted in the past, people pretty much just asked about the Andros. They are great, but I actually think that I prefer the Lyra II and Polaris. Haven't had a chance to try Atlas or Solaris yet, and I don't really care about CIEMs so Equinox is meh. I also think that a lot of cheaper IEMs can and do compete with most of Campfires' lineup, but they are still really nice if you pony up the dosh. Maybe people will learn more about Campfire's middle offerings once The Audio Goblin finishes with mine and releases the reviews.

can you stop posting about this old ass light novel, thanks

Campfire Audio is a Schiit of IEMs, they make absolutely garbage products and sell them to redditors and other audiophool buypig retards via social media marketing
Look at this shit, even chink audio T2 is better lol

Attached: Campfire Audio Andromeda-1.jpg (1654x2339, 362K)

neat (still not sure if i need a dac, but will search on your post for power output, prob more than fine for my hd58x tho)
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-new-jds-labs-atom-headphone-amp.5262/

>twink boy
you mean anime girl.

wasn't campfire audio a renamed ALO audio? the company that used to make crazy overpriced portable amp/dac gear?

no nig bass, it's fine, turn your eq to +12db 50hz jamal.

I'm sure that a big chunk of that was me before I gave up buying earphones.

Cables. Big cables.
Then they moved into amps and DACs.

Sister company founded by the same guy, but yeah, pretty much.

and people still give money to a guy who sell a glorified littlebear b4 for 1500$?

that would get you a restocking fee, you have to do one that is their fault if you don't want to pay.

Can someone be a doll and post some recent screenshots of sbaf going insa e over schiits total irrelevance in the face of thx and that new god tier JDS amp that uses like 6 components and a paperclip inside a plastic chassis?
I'm lurkin in bed and want to fall asleep to the tears of infidel scum

how long till massdrop version? :)

oratorry1990's EQs completely changed my view on headphones and my plans for the future.
Right now I wouldn't buy anything but a HD58X or Dt880(depending on which was more comfy for you) and a powerful to EQ.
That FR target in his measurements/that he eqs to actually is near perfect.
Can't wait to get a hd800 with comfy federated pads and eq to perfect harman.

double driver.... pffft everyone knows it takes a triple driver to absolutely develop a fever. Dont (You) want to develop a fever absolutely user ???

Attached: acually develop fever .jpg (1000x1209, 573K)

forgot link its really real.

aliexpress.com/item/Earphone-QKZ-KD6-in-Ear-Sports-Earphone-HiFi-subwoofer-with-6-speaker-units-3-drivers-noise/32829477205.html?

EQing a super colored, expensive-ass IEM to Harmon target is fucking dumb. Like, it's a neat idea to tweak everything to as close to a target as possible, but there are much better options for reaching that target at a fraction of the price, and if you don't enjoy the stock sound (or with a lil' EQ to taste), why the fuck would you even own one? I appreciate that Oratory1990 does all this work, but it's a futile exorcise in paper theories. Not really the thing that the target audience of either Sean Olive's work or Campfire Audio would care about.

I feel like Harman taget is too "warm" when comparing it to how my monitors sound
But still it's much better than any headphones I've tried without eq
With IEMs you can get the best sound possible with a $10 Samsung IEMs and his eq lol

> a wild CA guy appears

Thank god i have been a poorfag paying of a house or else they would of taking a good chunk of my money. There is definately a cult surrounding them. I have heard them and own some of the better chink IEMS and cant justify the going price.

But to be honest that new CA Atlas is a sexy beast and i just love that MIB alien weapon aesthetic. Hnnnnngggg

chinese copy in 3...2....1....

Attached: campfire-audio-atlas-titel.jpg (1200x520, 37K)

Are you retarded? The dude is just sharing measurements and how they compare to Harman target, eq settings are made and added automatically. It's not like he's telling you to buy $1000 shitphones and eq them to sound good lol.

>How they compare to Harmon
That's fine for people who want a Harmon target, although you could just post the FR with the overlay and be done with it. No need for-
>EQ settings to match Harmon on a complete mis-match of a signature
Again, neat but fucking pointless

tfw i just started listening to bass test music, ye there's like no low end on hd600.
guess i never noticed cause i prefer neutrality to bass unless i'm using speakers lol.

hd600 owners apply this to your headphones
youtu.be/PC7WEQsiz08

Are blutooth earbuds any good? How much would I have to spend? Sick of my chinese wired earbuds

I unironically believe this. I wish I had access to measurement gear like he does because I don't really want to send my headphones in. HD660S takes his EQ perfectly. No idea how the fuck you can slap 9 db of bass on it and it sound fine but you can.
I feel like dt880/hd58x/probably AKGs too are worth buying because you get decent build, only a couple DB off the target stock, good enough drivers to take the eq, and open back.
Nothing else is worth buying. All the shit between those midfi headphones and HD800 is a rip off basically.

Are you a victim of Campfire shitphones? Why are you crying?

>All the shit between those midfi headphones and HD800 is a rip off basically.
reminder that you will forever be a nostaxer

I could get an L300, L500, and L700 for less than my headphones.
Just don't want to, so you're right.
Too bad a $120 DT880 with EQ sounds better than any of that shit stock. Objectively.

Reminder that $4000 Stax objectively sound worse than $200 AKGs
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

we've already discussed how flawed this "study" is

I sent them an email asking for factory measurements and FR. They just sent me an email saying thats not information they are willing to provide and just said some fluff about what each iem was "good at". I decided to just hang on to my 535s instead

send them oratory's measurements and make fun of them

Calling a study flawed won't make data in it less objective

currently sbaf is silent about the atom. no one's gotten around to making a thread, or they want to pretend it doesn't exist? you decide!

>less objective
if the testing methodology is flawed then the data is bad, so clearly you need to brush up on your science

I tried SR009s's yesterday, put through STAX's TOTL amp and Chord Hugo. It fucking sucked sounded like two badly placed speakers with less bass than my sen800's.
STAX measures fairly well but can't perform for shit.

no you didn't lmao. show pictures