Already guys Black Friday is almost here

already guys Black Friday is almost here.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger
what do you think right now I save about $300

hopefully even more on Black Friday
any advice would be appreciated

application 2K gaming/possible VR in the future?

built my current rig in 2009

currently running CPU AMD FX-6100
RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Mobo Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
AMD Radeon R9

Attached: sadsadsda.jpg (2536x2536, 607K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/11/06/amd-reveals-first-7nm-zen-2-processor-details-faster-higher-core-density-and-lower-power/#578013a33f29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>newegg
Lel just pull the trigger user.

>using computer cases in 2018

Attached: lul.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

having cats in 2018

is Newegg shit now?

>using computers in 2018

>coffinlake
Are you sure you're sure about that m8?

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/11/06/amd-reveals-first-7nm-zen-2-processor-details-faster-higher-core-density-and-lower-power/#578013a33f29

t. intelfag

Attached: 9_stream-pubg-ryzen2-viewer.png (1026x562, 30K)

>so is amd better now???

man i have been out of the game too long

>is Newegg shit now?
They weren't all that great before, and now the chinese own them, so now they aren't as good as they were while there is a higher chance of some chink stealing, and using your financial information.

i see

what do we use nowadays?

>what do we use nowadays?
Whichever is cheapest, and that's usually not newegg anymore.
If you live near a microcenter than go there, but don't buy from them online.
Chains that sell on ebay, amazon, and jet is good if you have points, and discounts.
I don't know anymore, but newegg is to be avoided now, and the other companies that are still around are worth looking at.

After faildozer, the zen architecture was supposed to make AMD able to compete again BUT barely. Everyone including me expected around 10-20% lower IPC than intel's haswell chips. However AMD overdelivered and matched coffelake IPC (give or take 2-3%).

The only way intel has been able to compete with AMD now has been pushing their 14nm silicon to the limit (4.5GHz+ bins). However even that wasn't enough to to compete with zen's monster multi-core performance so the shitty 9900K that needs a fucking car radiator to work at 5GHz was made.

zen 2 is slated to finish intel off by offering higher IPC and clocks at lower power than zen+

Attached: image40.png (1125x728, 442K)

what moron would use newegg after they got hacked and lost everyones CC and personal info??

Forgot to add: the reason I say jump on the amd train is because the 2700X leaves a ton of CPU overhead for doing other things while gaymen like SW video encoding (aka steraming). It's a very useful feature as it offers better quality for a lower bitrate that GPU HW video encoding.

That's not even with CL14 3000+ RAM and tweaked timings. There's only a few games where the 8700K is more than 20% faster than the 2700X AT 1080p. Once you get to 1440p the difference is even smaller.

Attached: 1080p_MIN.png (1324x1665, 101K)

>so is amd better now???
Short answer: No.
AMD is still better on the price/performance ratio though especially after price drops, and ryzen is good enough for most games.
So if you don't play the games, or use the software that Ryzen fails at then the obvious answer would be to buy the cheaper system.

I'd argue otherwise, see That leaves a ton of headroom for games that will efficiently use more than 4 threads in the future and let you do something else while gaymen like screen more efficient SW recording. It also lets you upgrade to zen which will be better than anything current gen intel has to offer especially in single threaded tasks.

>I'd argue otherwise
Of course you would, but you also would omit the fact that the image linked is not benchmarking maximum frame rates for pbug, but OBS performance using h.264 at 60fps.
A little misleading when used as the poster of that has intended.

Reads like the same sales pitch that's been used since FX series of cpus. It's fucking disgusting as always.

If you can get a Vega 56 for within 20$ of the GTX 1070 get Vega. An undervolted/memory overclocked Vega 56 will crush the 1070 at that resolution with acceptable power consumption levels.

Whatever you say goys, don't forget to reply to me with fake benchmarks where the AMD system has half of the cores turned off.

Attached: uh-oh.png (959x920, 257K)

>bulldozer
>depreciated coffelake garbage
Do you just have a thing for making bad decisions?

intel is an uninformed decision, im not saying stupid. let me inform you- if you get a 2600 it will have 90 percent of the fps of a 9 series intel and will be upgradeable to zen 2. your computer will run cooler too.

zen2 will end intel for those in the know. normies wont know better tho

1070 is weak for some VR games, like Elite Dangerous, Project: CARS or Fallout 4. Just be aware of that. You need a lot of supersampling to make things look their best on current VR. I'd suggest 1080ti if you really want to get into that.

>t. Rift owner with a 1070

That could is a shit price. Ram is a shit price. Hold a bit longer.

>CPU shit priced

why would you EVER, ever, EVER go intel?

that's why i'm here so you can tell me why

>buying faildozer
>buying covfefe lake
>buying an 8700k when he only has a GTX 1070, which will bottleneck the fuck out of it
jesus christ OP can you get more fucking stupid?
here's a question for you dipshit
WHAT MONITOR DO YOU HAVE?
you must build around that. an 8700k is way overkill for 1080p/60hz.

quick rule of thumb: if your hz is anything lower than 144, R7 2600 / 2700 is a better value every time; if your resolution is higher than 1080p, R7 2600 / 2700 is a better value every time, and if you are using a GPU that's weaker than a 1080ti, the R7 2600 / 2700 is a better value every time.

my ADVICE would be to NOT buy anything until 7nm hits the shelves, personally, and see if intel has anything remotely competitive.

OP here I understand what everyone is saying about AMD bing a better value for the money
but the difference between the Intel Core i7-8700K and the RYZEN 7 2700X right now is like $20so...

$20 wouldn't exactly break the bank
now when I hear the argument about future expandability..is LGA1151 already dead?

I'll probably end up waiting. for 7nm thank you guys I really do appreciate it. even if I can't afford the 7nm it will shake shit up

its more like what are you going to upgrade to? another shit 14nm intel cpu?

zen2 is literally coming first half 2019. its something to look forward to. intel has nothing and is just scrambling

>No arma 3 yaab with max distance settings
Is amd still afraid of that game? You would think the embargo on "outliers" would be lifted now. I mean it's been a couple of years since ryzen debuted.

>DDR4 @3466
Can the 2700x even use that, or are they only on single channel?

>Full ATX
>10 series Nvidia GPU
>Thinking you need more than a 500 watt psu
>No 2700X

If you're just doing gaming and VR, do you really need NVMe? I guess if 1 second of load time improvement max with the difference normally not noticeable is okay with you then fine. But you can literally double the size of your SSD for 10 dollars more with the 860 EVO SATA SSD. Size is more important IMO than the speed improvement moving from SATA.

>6 core processor for $340
Shiggy fucking diggy

Attached: 8337E124-B2DE-4C2F-A4E0-F7FFC1E3FA71.jpg (736x729, 71K)

>Size is better than a x7 speed increase
Quite clear you've never used an nvme drive.
Is this what happens when the ssd meme retards finally chalk up and buy one?

The speed increase only matters when disk IO is the bottleneck. For gaymen and use as an OS drive, it offers no real-world benefits.

You mean besides faster read/write speeds, smaller footprint, less cables to power and transfer, newer interface standard and newer firmware running said standard?

Stop talking shit about hardware you know nothing about you silly poorfag.

I have an NVMe drive, retard. I bought cause I could, and I wanted the best. But the noticeable performance difference is much less between SATA SSD to NVMe than between HDD to SATA SSD. For budget conscious gaymers, capacity makes more sense.

>But the noticeable performance difference is much less between SATA SSD to NVMe
Maybe you bought one with a SATA interface, because I've built plenty of systems with nvme drives in and they smoke sata drives in a very noticeable way. Why not recommend an nvme drive with a regular HDD for games instead of asking him to gimp his system?

In what tasks? I have a 960 Evo. And because as an OS drive, the most it will do is increase boot times by a second or two, and maybe initial app startup times for bloated software, whereas game load times are significantly slower on an HDD. That's the whole point of faster drives for gaymers.

>In what tasks?
Everything, all the time. Look at the 4k random benchmark difference between the 860 (SATA) and the 970 EVO (NVMe), NVMe will triple/quadruple SATA for random reads/writes which is the number that matters the most for an OS.

There's still a need for SATA SSD's but boot drives aren't one of them. Either go NVMe and HDD or NVMe and SATA SSD if you aren't poor.

>benchmark
kek. I'm talking about NOTICEABLE DAY TO DAY PERFORMANCE. As in, wow, this new NVMe drive makes my system feel much faster than the old SATA SSD. Shove your autistic benchmarks up your ass.

Your OS reads and writes many small files all the time. Faster 4K random reads/writes = faster OS performance, benchmark or real world use.

Not only do I noticed NVMe drives perform better than SATA SSD's, I KNOW they're faster because they are able to achieve higher IOPS, there's more going in and out and that's a pretty standard way to talk about component speed.

Yeah, you can really feel that paging go faster, I'm sure. Bet that Chrome caches like a speed demon now. Do you even play games? Running games from a HDD = enjoy your glacial loading times.