Windows 10 is so comfy

Windows 10, oh finally a comfy Windows version to use.

> 8 years of uninterrupted Linux usage
> Laptop breaks
> Buys new laptop
> Have to use Windows 10 for a while to see if laptop is defective.
> omo
> very fast
> pretty design
> full hardware support
> longer battery life
> full software support
> bash and linux utilities thanks to WSL

The only thing making me uncomfortable is the privacy issues, although I'm really doubting of coming back to Linux.

Attached: Screenshot (8).png (1920x1080, 797K)

how many rupees does microsoft pay you?

None

I don't accept having to bargain with Microsoft the hours i can or cannot use my own property.

chocolatey, everything and altdrag and it's pretty usable desu

yep, and wsl because powershell can't just compete with their unix equivalents.
I don't get you.

It depends how important privacy is to you. For the overwhelming majority these days it isn't important at all. It's unfortunate because of people like you they know they can get away with it and will. Along with all those who still use Facebook, Instagram and etc. People would need to leave Microsoft and Facebook en masse for it to happen but it won't until people start having thier health insurance premiums going up because of data Google and Facebook sold to them and stuff like that. It's only a matter of time.

Get off your computer and go crack some centrocaca skulls.

It's the best and most user friendly Windows since XP

Privacy thing sucks but you can mitigate it by disabling everything and cortana. Your mobile phone is probably more invasive.

I've already adjusted all the privacy options available from settings, but I know there still is some telemetry under scene, that's really trashy, I would accept it if it was free and a mobile or embedded OS, but Jesus it's a desktop paid OS.

Too bad their route didn't go through my city. A lot of people in the entire country hates them because they've been so unthankful.

How do I subscribe to your blog?

Wow, you've convinced me. Installing windows now.

Windows 10 is hot trash. Microsoft wasted the last 10 years. They should literally start again from Windows 7 and do it right this time.

I really don't care about telemetry data and ads being targeted at me. It's a total non-issue because I have the mental capacity to ignore ads. Security matters far more than privacy but this board always has it the other way around.

my blog?

they fucked it up at start, but they fixed it.

It won't last. It has the cancer known as 'windows registry' it will metastize. It's only a matter of time.

That's actually the biggest part of it all for me. Microsoft just kind of pissed me off with windows 10 because of the telemetry, targeted ads, apps that can't be uninstalled, fucking Minecraft and candy crush continually reinstalling themselves and etc. It pissed me off enough that I refuse to give them any of my data or money. The security and privacy were also somewhat important but they were just more reasons for me to reject Microsoft. I never used a Linux distro as a daily driver until windows 10.

>STILL can't buy a single LTSC license as an individual user to actually exert a reasonable level of control over YOUR machine
hahaha, no, fuck you and die shill

It looks like a shitty KDE rip off

Attached: 9CA1E9E6-F62B-42C6-B932-A869E003DBFF.jpg (1366x768, 255K)

I really thinking about uninstall arch linux and install Windows 10. thank u OP.

LTSC are for enterprise use

KDE is like if Windows and Mac had a baby

you should really try it user.

yeah those desicions are fucked up, but I'm not as conservative as you are and I don't have problems with UWP Apps and I think they're very dope.

The privacy subject is very worrying, I know this shouldn't be happening in a desktop paid OS, but I hope they're use our data responsibly.

LTSC is the only version that doesn't include all the objectively user-hostile spyware bullshit microsoft forces down the throats of everyone else

no individual purchase option? fuck you I'm sticking with windows 7

I wouldn't even fucking *pirate* non-LTSC windows 10, and that's saying something as I haven't paid for a windows license since 3.1

>Install Windows 10 LTSC
>Run DWS and O&O

Now you have a clean modern OS that runs smoother than any Linux distro and supports everything todays technology can offer.

Then you're being scammed to shill for free, there are several shills in this board getting real money from microshaft to shill.

>this is what autistic linux users actually believe
holy shit what has this board become

try harder

Shill elsewhere pajeet.

white people
pajeets
chinks
blacks
all use windows

Is that nsaneforums

>an "enterprise" is the only user who can do without cuntana and candy crush

Just buy Windows Server Essentials
It's the same thing as Windows 10 LTSB/LTSC but with extra server features and you can order it on Amazon

This guy is so clearly a paid Microsoft shill and I'm floored this thread has so many replies. Everyone knows win10 is literal ad-ridden, telemetry-infused cancer with bad UI design and horrible resource management. The only thing keeping people on windows 10 is that certain applications (such as games) are ONLY available on windows. I know people who have not gotten a security update in years because they are still on windows 7 and refuse to fall for microdick's VERY invasive """upgrade""" targeting. Everyone who isn't a gamer, or using some programs specific to windows (CAD, arguably Adobe suite due to performance, etc) would be better off on Linux or MacOS. Same goes for anyone who gives a fuck about their own privacy and/or sanity. If you're one of the people who is stuck on windows for software compatibility reasons, then I'm very sorry you're stuck with literal ads on your start menu and file browser, self-installing candy crush, bugs with every update (such as 1809 deleting people's files), and just one of the worst OS experiences you can get.

To the paid M$ shills, tell your boss that people are being driven away from windows because of some incredibly common sense reasons. Write code that isn't terrible. Don't put ads in the UI. These are just disrespectful to the end user, and we take note. You certainly lose more money from me pirating the license key than you gain with selling my advertising ID. I'll buy a license key again as soon as microsoft stops taking a big fat shit on its entire consumer base for corporate gain.

>WSL

I respect your points of view except for this one, I've programmed on that shit and it honestly is a joke, and don't expect your programs to run or compile properly. It's just a toy.

I just installed Linux Mint on my aunts new laptop because Windows 10 was fucking slow, it regularly crashed and seemed to be in a permanent state of doing stuff in the background including updates that eventuelly led to a complete and non stopping reboot-bsod loop.

I showed her the basic functionality: browser, office, updates (that only start when she triggers them!), poweroff. Runs perfectly smooth and fast.

Then we said that we would install her HP printer via phone call and I would help her. I wondered why she did not call and called her back.
>"Already done, it was so simple"

Fuck MS, fuck Windows and especially everything after Win 7. Every major linux distribution is better suited for your casual needs to write a letter and browse the web person than the abnomination that is called windows OS.

>It's the best and most user friendly Windows since XP
That's 7 lad, not 10.

>copy past multiple files
>win10 find a file with the same name
>no option to quickly rename one of them

can you elaborate on this? Specifically the part about targeted ads and apps that can't be uninstalled? Because I disabled cortana when i got this laptop in april and she hasn't come back. I also uninstalled all the apps that were preinstalled that I didn't want as well and none of them have come back. I don't even remember if candy crush was installed when i got this but if it was i removed it once and never had to uninstall this again.. Admitedly I haven't tried uninstalling Edge because it works great as a pdf/epub reader.

also everyone keeps talking about ads but im not sure if this is like something exclusive to the american version, but I've never had a single ad on this OS.. Not in the start menu, or the file explorer or anywhere.

Seems to be random between users. Only Enterprise version should be able to disable apps and all the other dumb bullshit but for some it works even on Pro.

That's mexican, not pajeet you retard

7 is absolute trash compared to 8.1 and even 10.
It has a terrible update utility, without forced security updates which are absolutely key for users who are mostly retarded.
There's no windows defender so users need their own antivirus because you know most of them are too retarded for common sense. Windows Defender is actually good.
Edge is a better default browser than IE.
Windows Hello actually works.
High DPI displays are still shit but much better than on 7.

the thing is i have the literal Home version that came with the laptop and ive never ever seen any ads

Don't forget to screencap your post and send it to your designated shill manager. He'll transfer the Rupees as soon as possible.

Anyone here noticed Windows 10 at least once a day randomly refreshing icons on the desktop ?

>altdrag
Thanks for showing me that, user.

+1 for altdrag

HE DOES IT FOR FREE

Attached: 1537378654698.jpg (900x900, 87K)

ABSOLUTAMENTE REDPILLED Y BASADO

Attached: desktop.png (1366x768, 17K)

honestly i would consider using win10 but the fuckin forced, unstoppable, unpausable updates i cannot bear

Any small random tools I should use next? Swift Search and WinDirStat is pretty cool

finally a good post about win10
thank you user :)

Just live in a non-guineapig country/region, so if they do release a botched update, it'll be realised and cancelled before they push it to you

so many idiots cry about not being the first to receive updates
for me, it's a blessing

e.g. many phone manufacturers first push the update to India and Brazil
If there are problems, and it bricks people's devices, who cares, they're a bunch of poor shitskins, what are they gonna do about it lol?
Only if it becomes obvious there are no problems will they then push it to the first world

#FeelsComfyMan

Attached: 1523462995599.jpg (499x499, 41K)

what doesn't work for you? I'm developing a compiler and gcc and qemu work for me. I know wsl struggles with network stuff though.

quality of updates is one thing, but i was talking about how you literally cannot control when windows downloads and installs updates.

You simply need some other version than Home and "Pro". I recommend Enterprise LTSC, but if you want Store and/or feature updates, use regular Enterprise. You can disable automatic updates in the Group Policy Editor (or disable access to Windows Update servers altogether)

True, but that's only a problem for me insofar as botched updates go.
Otherwise, I don't care about the updates, just give it to me whenever. I'm not trying to hide form DA GUBBAMINT. If I was, I wouldn't be using Windows.

And yeah you can't control when it downloads them, but you can postpone the 'restart and update' if you're in the middle of something important.

the thing is, i want updates, but i also want to have some control over when they're downloaded and installed. meanwhile win10 just doesn't give a fuck and downloads updates whenever it feels like it, restarts the windows update service if you dare to stop it manually and then instantly starts bothering you to restart your pc after it installs the updates

Starting 300k per year to shill on a dying image board that was at its most popular 10 years ago

Cheap laptop detected. And yeah I agree, Linux is still less resource hungry than Windows, but there is a point where you can't actually tell the difference between both, I have a i5-7300u, 8 ram, and PCI SSD and both systems are very snappy, Windows is more RAM hungry though.

> Use a server OS for desktop, kek.

Yeah, because everybody know that Jow Forums is full of tech experts that influence the market.

Attached: w0z92y45n9z11.jpg (1365x2047, 373K)

op is a fag
sage :D:D:D

I use it for bash, git, gcc, python and go, works perfect for me.

what theme is that user ?
running aether dark currently and looking to try something new. big sucker for these glassy transparent themes...

this.

Wtf I love windows now?!

meh, botnet fag

Attached: autism000.jpg (640x480, 64K)

It is indeed a cheap laptop that I am talking about. But I don't care. It was sold that way! It should work. Linux Mint works perfectly! Literally. Everything works without even thinking about drivers or any of that stuff (I know that Win 10 has become better at handling this stuff automatically, too). Ten+ years ago even a cheap laptop would run the Win XP it came with just fine.

Nevertheless, for me Win 10 sucks. The politics behind it are just insane. The fact that I cannot without hacks - which is what almost everybody claims that Linux needs in order to work - tell my system (unless I have an enterprise volume license which I cannot buy legally) to delay upgrades or to simply just run them when I know that I have the time is just out of my mind

Also the updates take ages. With debian based linuxes it is a matter of minutes. And your system will never NEED to reboot right after. Windows in comparison is just ridiculous.

I started switching my business and my family to linux when Vista came along. I tried 7 and noticed that it was better than Vista, but I disliked the direction it was taking. With linux I haver NEVER looked back.

$Sometimes $someone comes to me and tells me that they need $something done which can only be done with $redmond_OS. It has never been true. When the kids need office for a presentation I tell them that they are wrong. And they are. In every single case. What they cannot do without help on Mint or Ubuntu, they cannot do on Windows without help, too. Therefore I am always fucked because I have to make it work. But with Linux - for me - it has always been less of a hassle. It is not perfect, and Windows may have some strengths, but it is in overall less time consuming. At least for me.

I would like to know this too. I always hear Linux faggots say "WSL is a joke" but I never hear any real arguments. I haven't had any problems with the WSL so far. Been playing around with GraalVM all day long, absolutely no problems.

Idk about comfy, but it does _work_ on like GNU/gNPC

> It was sold that way! It should work.
No, companies only care about profit. They don't give a fuck if the laptop works great because it's cheap.

> to delay upgrades or to simply just run them when I know that I have the time
Check update settings, there is an option for that.

> And your system will never NEED to reboot right after
What's a kernel update?

> they need $something done which can only be done with $redmond_OS. It has never been true. When the kids need office for a presentation I tell them that they are wrong
kek, there is so much world further office work.

Attached: DsYeR0zVsAAWeGp.jpg (1365x2048, 276K)

see

I think they want it to run full graphical apps.

Windows 7 is better

>none of this actually happened

>No, companies only care about profit. They don't give a fuck if the laptop works great because it's cheap.
Who said anything about companies? I said it was sold and should work. Just as a cheap car should drive or a cheap plane ticket should takte you from A to B. Just like cheap potatoes should not be bad when they are sold to you, a computer should work. In this case the actual computer is perfectly cheap even if it is cheap (and I don't like the keyboard and screen, but that is another matter). What was wrong with it was the fucking OS which does not work even after a clean install for whatever reason. I don't even care what the reason is. Linux works. That simple

>Check update settings, there is an option for that.
Of course there is.
>quick, I need a computer, just boot one.
>updates

>What's a kernel update?
It's in 99,99% of all cases an update that does not require you to reboot right NOW. Linux is like: "this maybe security relevant (but in most cases is not), but that does not matter as you decide..."

>kek, there is so much world further office work.
Want me to do something Windows specific? Give me a computer that works.

For me, I do not have any Windows specific tasks anymore. My business is linux only.

All in all: you are just a shilling troll that I should not reply to anymore.

Yes, it did. HP has great support for Linux. I usually don't like what they do but with this I have to compliment them.

>It has a terrible update utility, without forced security updates which are absolutely key for users who are mostly retarded.
Yeah but are you mostly retarded?
>There's no windows defender
8 has it.
>Edge is a better default browser than IE.
Again irrelevant unless you're mostly retarded

> I said it was sold and should work. Just as a cheap car should drive or a cheap plane ticket should takte you from A to B.
Of course it will work, but awfully, slow, noisy, etc. Just as a cheap car it will take you from A to B, but very uncomfortabler, noisier and slower than a expensive car.

> It's in 99,99% of all cases an update that does not require you to reboot right NOW.
Neither in Windows.
> Kernel updates
> connect an external drive
> can't mount it because the ntfs driver got replaced
> had to reboot

>Want me to do something Windows specific? Give me a computer that works.
Yeah of course you can do CAD, video/picture editing on Linux but the tools are not as close to the Windows private equivalents.

Attached: hYWoEWP.jpg (1000x1500, 216K)

>Of course it will work, but awfully, slow, noisy, etc.
No, that is not correct. With the Win10 it came with, even after a fresh install, it was so slow that it was barely taking user input. Webpages loaded slowly and everything was fucked. With Linux Mint it is OK. Not really fast, but responsive and not laggy at all. It is also not very noisy even when the fans turn. In fact for a cheap laptop that thing is OK. And even if Windows was better, the computer would still be cheap and should work. There is nothing wrong with budget gear per se.

>Neither in Windows.
I don't know why, but for me it has always been the case. Even basic software frameworks that you need to install for windows software to work requires you to reboot.

>> connect an external drive
>> can't mount it because the ntfs driver got replaced
>> had to reboot
That never happens on linux

>but the tools are not as close to the Windows private equivalents.
Who the fuck cares? They work. Different? Possible. Just like Mac is different.
But I have already said this: You want me to do windows specific shit? Give me a windows computer that works! I am just unwilling to take the time to make it work myself anymore, because with Linux I need so much time less. Granted, I have the luxory of deciding for my employees. I don't have to take the shit. I can totally understand that some poeple "need to" use windows, I am not one of them. But if I was, I would take every action possible to become independent again. Just like I did.

I sit on my pc like 12 hours a day and I never had any problems with updates forcing a shutdown. You get asked if and when you want to install these updates.

Fuck off, Eduardo.

> even after a fresh install, it was so slow that it was barely taking user input.
every system has its own recommended hardware requirements. Buy a better laptop!

>Who the fuck cares?
Well, the industry, who actually need professional software to work.

> They work. Different? Possible
Yeah, compare AutoCAD with FreeCAD
or Vegas with Kdenlive.

Welcome to g33, eduardo

the what?

How often do you use google you edge lord?

Windows 7 last good win Operating

5 pesos have been deposited to your Microsoft account

It doesn't feel like an every day use operating system, it feels more like a clunky smart TV OS.

>fresh install of 1809 on t450s
>download drivers for t450s
>all saved into downloads folder
>start doing some other stuff while waiting for downloads to finish
>time passes
>realize downloads are finished
>go to downloads folder and its empty
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>YOU HAD ONE JOB MICROSOFT AND ONE MONTH TO FIX THIS SHIT

>updates are bad.
I mean, yes, they probably fucked up with 1809 but shit worked for all of my laptops.

For pure pajeets yeah, but for everyday users it's the first that can make neck to neck with macOS is terms of comfort.

We're not talking about FirefoxOS or Trizen here.

Attached: yeOeDgd.jpg (1200x1800, 232K)

>7 is trash because you have complete control over updates, aren't forced to use Windows Defender and there's no Edge browser
Is this bait?

Jow Forums hates comfort desu

Attached: 159201928377.png (1920x1080, 549K)

how is IU so perfect?

Forced security updates are a good thing. Adds to a "just works" factor a lot for casual users.

Yeah, I didn't realize how much time I was loosing searching for software alternatvies, crashes, compiling, packaging, etc until I moved back to Windows. Windows 10 is so comfy, pretty and snappy if you have modern hardware.

Attached: 2e0xnishggp11.jpg (2480x3508, 483K)

Unsubscribe

linux is good if you don't mind the hiccups, i play games on my machine so it only makes sense to use windows.