The only purpose of Ray tracing was to prevent fags like me with an RX480 from maxing 1080P games for the next decade

The only purpose of Ray tracing was to prevent fags like me with an RX480 from maxing 1080P games for the next decade.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: suck_my_dick_im_a_shark.jpg (1700x1825, 217K)

That implies AMDs 2 gen old performance can max games to begin with.

Actually a 290 from 2013 can as well.

You can't max all 1080p games now. I can't run kindom come deliverance at 1080p max. w/RX580 and r5 2600.

games look just about the same as they did 5 years ago and yet you still cant max the newest games unless you buy the overpriced top-end card from either brand
im 100% certain it is industry wide collusion

Yeah so can my Commodore 64 bro

Based shark.

I hope the shark wins the internet was a mistake

this lol. Do they even have drivers that work now?

they could use small cages to jail the cable so the sharks atleast can't bite directly into the cables

cages that are kilometers long?

I don't know about ray tracing but the developments in graphics do seem to slow down. I remember back when I had gtx8800, which was the flagman gpu, i couldn't max shit in a couple of years. And now I have rx580, which is the same as 480 - 2 yo middle end card. It runs like a champ, allowing to max out almost any game in 1080p. There is just no justification for buying $1000+ gpus when a $200 from 2 years ago does a great job.

Go sharks go! Let us all be freeeeeeeee!

Attached: IMAGE_M_ID_1063640343328038915_20181117182518.jpg (268x268, 15K)

yes. cost for the cages vs cost of the cable itself is 1/1000. and cost of the potential internet loss vs the cages is 1/1000000

It's just shitty coding.

Thanks, Mr. Shark.

Based sharki

Good luck trying to run rust at 1080p with settings above fast on the rx580

Good luck trying to run ARK on anything with anything
Shit engines/devs do not make GPU's bad

Based anti-botnet shark, I salute you comrade.

>next decade
Gpu lives by console generation. Instead of decade try 2 years until ps5 and xbox two(4).

Is Ark bad? Runs fine on my machine...

Why are sharks so based?

Attached: hammerhead-shark.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg (653x436, 27K)

>complain about gpu advancement slowdown
>not upgrading to $1000k gpu to support gpu r&d
do your part famalam

>"Supporting" Nvidia
They're a massive as fuck company. You're nothing more than cattle to them.

Attached: 1374576513876.png (726x1040, 642K)

It all adds up. The gpu you buy today goes to supporting tomorrow's cutting edge gpu tech.

I'd rather spend the money on AMD, which doesn't treat its users like absolute cretins, and helps bring a healthy competition to the GPU space.

Don't worry your gpu will burn down your house before too long.

The only reason amd doesn't Jew the fuck out of everybody is because they haven't been able to release a competitive gpu in the past several years.

If the tables were turned amd would do the exact same shit as nvidia now, let's be honest.

Yes, it is.
Also Ray tracing is software restraction in drivers, the hardware is same

Attached: butda.jpg (471x600, 84K)

AMD have all their eggs in the zen basketnow, with the gpu market only as a after thought so they have something to offer to their semi custom clients. Face it. The only competitive gpu in the market had been nvidia and will be for a while. I expect intel's gpu endevours to be similiar with AMD's, targeting datacenter compute.

It runs like shit even on a 2080 Ti, it's garbage and it's not even real raytracing. As usual /v/ fell hard for leather jacket man's tricks.

Pretty much.

Attached: file.png (740x836, 438K)

Actually it's diversity hires.

I'm pretty sure /v/ constantly jokes about the 20xx series.

its every other week that sharks cut the sea-oceanic lines

That's what happens when you blow 90% of your budget on marketing and use the remaining money to outsource the project to poo-in-loos.

based sharks, friends of mankind.

>$1000k gpu

ayymd poofag exposed, live

>please be patient i have autism

>tfw true poorfags tend to buy more expensive toys

>The gpu you buy today goes to supporting tomorrow's cutting edge gpu tech.
Yeah no.
That's not how it works.

>Oy gevalt, the humans know! Shut it down!

>that small fry
>shark

yea its bad. you dont notice it so much if you dont ever have anything in the game. but if you have a massive structure and hundreds of dinos you will be turning those settings down into the medium area or even lower. the lag is real