Stop the bloat. Install Arch + Suckless Now!

Stop the bloat. Install Arch + Suckless Now!

Attached: XFwBc.png (2160x1440, 655K)

>so minimal that it's useless
OP fell for suckless meme and he's still fuckless. Install Q4OS. It's GNU for Chads.
>just works as a desktop OS
>uses TDE (KDE 3.5 fork)
>fits on a CD
>runs on any toaster
>extremely stable
>based on Debian so it's compatible with lots of software
Arch is virgin shit.

Attached: 2018-11-19-223924_1280x1024_scrot.png (1280x1024, 301K)

>suckless
>two bars that waste 2x space
good job

Its not mine

I'm so minimal I'm not even bothering installing scrot nigga

arch is bloat

>stop the bloat
>combines development headers that are utterly useless if you aren't compiling/developing with the regular package
Ah yes, truly minimal

>Arch is virgin shit.
This. I uninstalled arch. Then I found a job and a GF. Now I get laid 3 times a week

If you have a GF you should be fucking 3 times a day minimum.

absolutely based
does dwm play well with hidpi?

Attached: 2018-11-19-1542617904.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

"the only thing I do with my pc is take screenshots for Jow Forums and reddit" the operating system

Why would you use Arch when Manjaro exists?

How is it possible to make KDE look so ugly? It’s like xfce bad. This is what KDE should look like.

Attached: EAA8771F-FD6F-4953-925B-0DD49A9C8712.jpg (1366x768, 255K)

Not even an archfag but the only reason you use Manjaro is because you’re too stupid to install Arch.

Is there a desktop somewhere under all that frosted glass? Q4OS looks like a blue version of Windows XP, and it's still 100x better than whatever the fuck you just posted. Please delete it, it's giving me a headache.

>muh frost
>good
both of your desktops are shit desu

>Arch
>Not bloat
y i k e s

Attached: 1541698826655.png (500x522, 170K)

>Stop the bloat
>Install Arch
Lmao-ing at your life

Attached: Laughingp.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>stop bloat
>install arch
is like you are not even trying

can i run shaders on everything. desktop and browser? im getting sick of wandering the web looking for something that does this without me needing to basically have a saved video and doesnt work on browser

Isnt arch a little too bloated for suckless?

these
archfaggots are delusional

>bash
bloat
>picture in terminal
bloat
>those status bars
bloat

this suckless chad browses Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20180910_131700.jpg (2448x3264, 2.11M)

>these brainlets defending a hideous windows-xp like desktop
>these two brainlets can’t appreciate Gaussian blur

How did your lives end up going so wrong?

KDE glass looks fine

Attached: but I like GNOME better.png (1600x900, 1.78M)

How does it compare to Elementary ?

>shaving your chest
Do you know how I know you're gay?

>this retard can't appreciate function over form
How have you not been hit by a bus while wandering into traffic after bottle caps and shit?

Attached: supertard.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>systemd distro
>complaining about bloat

Is Manjaro ok too?
Btw recommend me a good music player. Clementine is shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20181120_071534.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

I wanted to use Q4OS as a friendly OS for my tech illiterate brother, but I was worried it contained too many config panels for his good. In the end I installed Linux Mint and called it a day.

elementaryOS is Ubuntu + Pantheon DE.
OP's system is Arch - a lot of packages + autism + dwm.

FUCK MANJARO
FUCK YOUR DUBS
MANJARO IS CANCER
DISTROWATCH IS FOR FUCKING NEWFAGGOT KEKS

>function over form
>went out of his way to make his desktop looks counter-intuitively hideous for epeen points
>looks like shit anyway

Kek

>manjaro

You are too stupid to install arch. No one cares about your baby distro. Faggot.

Install void, alpine or LFS if you want minimalism

>not debian
tsk tsk

Attached: HeroJojoshII - Copy.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Very cute but that is not minimal at all
Get on plan9 or netbsd

>using a computer
computers are bloat

Is your little brother mentally retarded? You should've installed Q4OS for him anyways.

>>went out of his way to make his desktop looks counter-intuitively hideous for epeen points
Everything in the screenshot is the default configuration except the wallpaper and style of clock. The taskbar is also slightly smaller. Q4OS just works. Ricerfag virgins will never know this level of comfort and ease of use.

>stop using what's popular. My secret computer club is not going to be as cool anymore
I remember when everybody shat on Ubuntu, but now Manjaro is #1 on Distrowatch so here we go.

>default looking hideous is somehow a plus

Holy shit you are as retarded as any other Q4OS fag. Is it the system of choice for special ed classes? You people somehow manage to be worse than fucking Manjaro users.

Distrowatch only measures clicks on the distrowatch website. That’s it. Being proud of that is like being proud of winning a 100m sprint in thirds grade.

Manjaro is an awful system only used by those too stupid to set up arch.

Name one reason why it's awful besides "it's not complicated enough so you deserve no cool hacker cred"

Oh and by the way never did I imply that being #1 on Distrowatch is something positive or an achievement. It just shows that a lot of people are giving attention to a certain distro. That alone is enough to trigger Jow Forums snowflakes.

>uses a baby distro because he’s too stupid to use arch
>gets upset when someone calls him out for using a baby distro

Poetry. Manjaro is shit and all its users are brainlets.

this

my first distro was manjaro kde
fast forward to 2016 2018
i use debian dwm

Shit bait. I saw your post on the desktop thread too.
No one can have such shit taste.

>if I reply later no one will think I’m samefagging.

You. Have. Shit. Taste.

Once again: Name one reason why it's awful besides "it's not complicated enough so you deserve no cool hacker cred"

Manjaro has broken randomly more on me than any other distro. Manjaro once decided to remove my fucking swap partition for no reason after restoring from hibernation. I have no idea how it managed it, and I couldn’t extend my home logical volume with lvm to use the extra space. It just disappeared. Manjaro literally ate my fucking disk space.

Had to end up creating a swap file until other Manjaro issues caused me to find a non-shit distro

I have never used a more broken fucking distro in ten years of using gnu/Linux. It makes Arch look like fucking Debian in comparison.

If you want a rolling release just use Arch or Gentoo. Manjaro is a babies first distro which doesn’t even work properly, and the only people use it other than one of the *buntus is unwarranted superiority, unwarranted because they’re both gnu/Linux for babies

>why is punching yourself in the dick bad

You use a baby distro because you’re too stupid to install arch

Is this a copypasta? I read this exact post so often that I doubt its credibility.

Epic master trole XD

I use dwm+st+surf as well.
Is that dwm's status bar or are you using some other bar?

Attached: 2018-11-19-225939_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

I've been using arch for about 2 years now and I honestly like it.

Im not the Gnomelet. Im actually a KDE fag too.

If you're not trolling then you need to first turn down transparency and/or increase the blur. There's no way you can read any of those menus the second you open a light webpage behind it.

Arch is literally designed for manchildren. Its in their founding principles.

Manjaro is an "easy" to use version of something that was meant to be more hands-on. Yet its easily the most unstable, buggy distro that Ive ever used.
The one good thing about Manjaro is pacman/AUR but why not just use arch? If you want an Arch installer there's Antergos and scripts all over github.

>suckless
More like suckmore.

>surf
pls redpill me on it and post a screenshot
10/10 desktop

your mom sucks
shes a stupid bloated whore

Is funtoo better then gentoo?

not with a job

here

Nice to see someone giving an actual argument. So far nothing has broken on me on Manjaro but maybe that's yet to come. But isn't breaking your own system by doing updates what happens to Arch users all the time? Afterall Manjaro aims to be more stable than Arch by delaying packages.

>why not just use Arch?
My decision to install Manjaro was because I wanted something up-to-date with KDE. I switched from Ubuntu Gnome to Kubuntu, only to learn that the KDE packages are always outdated. The other alternative was KDE Neon, but that one only uses the "old" LTS version of Ubuntu. So my decision was mostly based on DE, and I wanted to waste not too much time setting it up.

I like it because I can set if up like 10 mins on a new machine, with gentoo you need to spend longer setting up your useflags properly

fucking is bloat

>my decision to use Manjaro was based on the fact I’m a brainlet too stupid to install arch and thusly was stuck with a baby distro for fags

Fixed your post.

(You)

checked

>quads

It’s official Manjaro is trash

quads speak the truth
Manjarofags should be put down

Just double the font size or something

Why is systemd the first thing autists complain about?

indeed it is.
I am using manjro from 4 months and it never broke. I was using arch before it was also fine but i don't want do bother with ricing shit anymore.

Arch has systemd...

>2018
>Still complaining about muh bloat

underrated

nice quads of truth

Why do that when I can use Windows and be more productive?

Wallpaper? Also
>three clocks

Audacious is the best music player.
Don't forget to install zam-plugins.
Set the environment variable LADSPA_PATH to /usr/lib/ladspa
Then Audacious will find LADSPA plugins like zam-plugins

>stop the bloat
>install arch
ishygddt

Arch users are forever suckless

Attached: 1471280203918.png (530x530, 144K)

Both GNU and Linux suckmore. Switch to a sane is like plan9.

>bloat
>Systemd

Void is the best minimal distro if you want something easy to install. Easier than arch.

suckless + pic related is far superior

Attached: OpenBSD.png (1200x781, 180K)

>i3+1070
Why do you do this to yourself?

arch is inferior by definition

this by the way, Gentoo is a natural way for removing bloat from kernel and unnecessary features in userspace software

kek

glibc is the best libc

Why so much hate on Arch ?
It's rolling release and you don't need to setup your own package manager like in Gentoo.

Been using Arch for more than 3 years now and no problems so far, trying to keep the number of installed package low is easy af.

Arch + i3 + st, I don't need anything more.

I come from Debian.

Is that still dwm bar? Looks cute

Attached: 1497831296267.jpg (400x315, 23K)

isn't this a ftm "person"?

ew

I still don't understand why anyone would ever want to use a tiling wm. Surely you'll spend more time spent bumbling around trying to learn key bindings and how to use them than you will clicking close and maximize buttons for a lifetime.
Besides, imagine being such a lazy piece of shit that you don't even want to extend your arm to reach for the mouse.

Attached: 43985422_1995624870533682_7747431896021484730_n.jpg (1080x1080, 105K)

TDE is based and redpilled. Shame using it across more than one monitor makes its colors freak out on my Ubuntu install or I'd be using it.

Looks good, but why would you use tmux with a tiling wm?

1. There is no point to anything
2. Do what you like, what you find fun

Do you know how I know you're a newfag

Yo de realize Arch is bloated as they don't even split packages?

>systemd distro
>not bloat
???
also you sound like a pajeet

im autistic and it helps me focus because i have a bad attention span

I have never used Arch in my life, is it a step up from Gentoo Linux? How's the bloat? Last I heard, it was still forcing systemd...

Attached: 2018-11-20-142146_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.76M)