Have you ever felt bad for a piece of hardware?

Have you ever felt bad for a piece of hardware?

Attached: Capture+_2018-11-19-23-00-19.png (1367x1341, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/download/unigine-superposition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes. i can actually feel worse for things than for people. i think I might be autistic.

The SA80. I want it to be a good gun. How a country that could make SMLE could fall so low saddens me deeply.

Nah you're just an adult that is aware of how much other people suck. We're self-centered assholes and we can't change our basic dna.

>yes. i can actually feel worse for things than for people

uh No, those are traits of a sociopath

not really

The vega, so much potential wasted

your butthole, so much wasted potential.

those coolers on those Gigabyte cards are actually shittier than blowers, so it's pretty justified. at least it's reference, so you can go and install an Arctic on it or something after.

Please stop talking shite. I have the same windforce card on a 1070 and it works great.

Not really, those are huge ass companies making them who can even afford producing and selling at a loss.
Plus they won't go to waste, even the poorest of poorfags will buy one, one day, even when it's outdated and it will be better than nothing.

Should i just bite the bullet and buy the vega? I want the games included and plan on dual booting with linux to play them whenever they come out.

I might if it looked like a respectable card and not designed by a Sonic fan-artist

Attached: Naamloos-1.png (200x200, 50K)

The one I cut out is at 56%, which is pretty high.

Vega I felt bad for so I got a 56 and I was presently surprised but I went back to my 1080
I'd grab a 64 or whatever comes after on 7nm tho

3% is an OK conversion by all means. I open the page of a product up to 10 times before purchase, more if I compare them.

I did. I spent the next few hours looking into after market cooling and water solutions. Seems like the best option if you want a project. Apparently the stock blowers are manageable as well if you don't mind fan noise, which in my case, I don't. I'm more of a temp whore. After market coolers keep it sub 50celesius for like 60 bucks. Water cooling even better but those are hundreds. But say you get it for 399 and the Morph 2 for 60, that's almost a cheap 2070.
For me it's a big fuck you to Nvidia.
The 20X0 series is a joke at this point.

Attached: 1446888638780.jpg (234x250, 20K)

I mean i was thinking of doing exactly that. Im more basing this off if Dx12 performance which is actually bretty gud compared to dx11. Not to mention a lot of the games i play already use vulkan so vega may have an edge there as well.

what store is this, op

Not sure. I regretted my choice to buy an FX-6100 after using it a couple years, but I didn't feel bad for the part. I'm kinda sad that I lost my old FirePro v4800. That was a great card for how compact it is. It also probably wpuld have made the perfect GPU for a Plan 9 machine I'm considering putting together.

All FX chips were trash

8350 was great and I used it for everything until I upgraded to an i7 6700k, even managed to sell it to someone :)

No, Navi will be released late next year, just wait for another 10 months

New Eggs.

I sold mine for $70 and got an 8700k. Insane performance boost.

Navi is midrange shite. It won't compete with 1080/2070 or greater

Radeon vega is pretty decent and better than a 1080, which is the card and price point it's supposed to compete.

What bothers me is that it's not normie friendly, people who'd run it at stock will experience throttling issues and high temps because the balanced and turbo default profiles are plain retarded. I have no idea why AMD keeps them like that, yesterday I forgot to reenable my custom OC after updating to the new drivers and the game I was playing started to trottle real hard. And it took me a minute to realize I had the gpu at default settings, with it's moronic feature being that the fans are hard locked at the balanced profile to 1500rpm (it can go up to 3300). So it's no wonder.

i know it isn't hard to OC gpu's, but that surely isn't something most normies would do.

Attached: Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_4964_1542059311.png (1024x640, 603K)

>Max temp 65
lol that's pathetic, my 1080 gets 48-52 tops

>Please stop talking shite. I have the same windforce card on a 1070 and it works great.
I had a Windforce 1070 and it was loud as fuck.
You have no idea what a decent cooler sounds like and performs like because you've never had a good one.
They really are around as bad as a blower.

It's also THE most complained about model in /pcbg/ by people buying it when they didn't read the OP telling them not to.

If you already wanted to buy the games, this Vega/Polaris sale is the best GPU sale in the past 3 years. Should be obvious.

Even a 2400G is an insane performance boost of the 8350.

Why do people test on extreme...? On a card not made for it.
Nice score though, considering that bench is a bit Nvidia favored.

>What bothers me is that it's not normie friendly
That's definitely true. You'll notice that most hardware enthusiasts like Buildzoid and Budget Builds Official are "AMD biased". They're more fun to mess with as an enthusiast, but a bit worse for normies.
Vega 64 still has a massive advantage over the 1080 when it comes to HDR 10 output, though.

why don't you show your becnhmark reaching those max temps then?
you have all of the pertinent settings right there. it's an 1080p and relatively quick. just do it faggot.

besides, if you really think that a 65ºC max temp should be an issue then you're clearly rocking some extra chromossomes.

here, have a go at it.
techpowerup.com/download/unigine-superposition/

Attached: Wilkie-Brothers-Edinburgh-Serving-Spoon_1_750px.jpg (750x750, 15K)

>extreme
because it's what the unwashed masses demand. if you post the results for of the other presets they'll ask for the extreme.
I have this heaven, which was for 1680mhz (950mv+50%) iirc, can't recall. The superposition was for 1752mhz fans at the max. I have it down a notch 1712mhz (1000mV + 50%) with fans at 2680rpm whilst keeping it under 60ºC. it's a vega 64 nitro

Attached: fresh Heaven.png (718x722, 31K)

and this time spy, from 8 days ago. Don't know at which settings. It's the only screenie I've got, so it should be 1650mhz at the minimum or 1752mhz at the max. I know I haven't tested it outside that range.

Attached: time spy.png (1379x822, 1.05M)

A lot of AMD/ATI GPUs and CPUs, honestly. They've never managed to get more than 40% market share in either sector, even during times when their competition were shitting the bed (fermi, pentium 4, intel right now, etc.). If AMD is way ahead in price and performance, they get 40% market share. If they're even, they get like 20-25%. If they're behind, their stock price goes down to like $2. Intel, AMD and Nvidia have all made some pretty shit products at different times, but intel and nvidia seem to get punished waaayyy less for theirs.

one thing you missed. The stock settings are REAL bad. like for anyone. imagine a normie who never touched a tech enthusiast forum and got one vega card from his amd fanboy uncle or whatever. He'll bitch about how shitty they are until it breaks down possibly from constant high temps while never readjusting the settings (undervolting is absolutely necessary).
The default profiles aren't just a bit bad. They just don't work. As I said, I forgot mine at default settings for one gaming session and the game became unplayable after about 2hrs due to temps, again, fans at 1500rpm.
It can't be that AMD assumes that every single radeon vega buyer will custom OC them.

At the very peak, Ati had 55% market share just before the 8000 series rightfully took it away.
But they never recovered. Nvidia was marketing so hard after that.
7970 completely blew the fuck out of Fermi and the followup Kepler response as well. But Kepler somehow got far more favorable reviews compared to the 7970 than the 7970 did compared to Fermi.

No, I was agreeing that stock settings are bad. That's what I meant by being less good for normies.
It's because Nvidia has software voltage control to adjust voltage based on the application(s) being used. AMD doesn't and has to overvolt for the absolute worst case scenario.
my 1200mv stock card I got down to 960mv stable with a clock speed increase. That's an insane ass difference.

That said, at the current prices Vega is still the better value even if you're not going to fuck with it to get more out of it. Namely down to ridiculous Gsync costs, but still.

still waiting for this retard to come back with his score of easy peasy above 5k 1080p extreme under 55ºC max reported temp.
have you been trying like real hard?
gave up and won't come back to post your comeuppance?
will you just run like a little bitch?

Attached: d66bfd5b31.png (1791x828, 142K)

still waiting.
i'll make it easier for you.
this are my daily settings, sytem fans optimized for silence (i mean the ones, the gpu one I have it for max 2680rpm), gpu freq a lot lower than that one score. it's at 1632mhz right now , hbm at 1025mhz (which is actually higher than my best result, it was 1000mhz back I'm pretty sure) for this score in pic related (yeah, I thought I had it at 1712mhz, bu apparently I was mistaken).

Attached: fresh daily settings.png (1370x696, 741K)

current settings, for that score.

Attached: Untitledfbertgher.png (1920x1080, 358K)

Is this a blower?

user on the run.

Attached: thread_169469673006189_20180831133424_s_247211_w_212_h_200_34224.gif (212x200, 241K)

nitro+ 64

Attached: sapnitrorx64-2-800x533.jpg (800x533, 54K)

no wonder he ran like a bitch.

Attached: f0f179c81d.png (1770x814, 181K)

M-muh 580 idles at 50°C and tops at 75°C in a very well airflowed setup.

bad screenshot OP
the 4 cheaper radeon vega right now at newegg.
And apparently they're all out of AIB versions, only a a couple of real overpriced ones, above 700 bucks, probably from partner vendors.

Attached: 7fde77d7ee.png (1211x659, 286K)

the 4 cheapest 1070ti's for comparison sake

Attached: 87eabf9c6c.png (1203x676, 236K)

1080's to complete the picture.

Attached: 6ab002a18a.png (1218x713, 282K)

>aib's
you all know I meant non-reference. inb4.

Just a 2 average monthly salaries in my country deau

$400 for Vega 64 blower and $340 for Vega 56 blower is still super good considering the games it comes with actually have value.

Makes me wonder if a Vega refresh is coming when they are nearly out of AIB cards and seemingly just trying to get rid of the last few blowers, though.

Am brainlet.
Tell why people hate blowers pliz.

One would think they had plenty of stock for black friday.
maybe some high level corporate/distributors shenanigans at play here. newegg is quite relevant for hardware sales, kinda weird they wouldn't anticipate stocking for the yearly biggest sales.

hot and loud

It may also just be that AIB cards at $400, plus the $180 of games, would be too good of a sale?
Blower 64 at $400 plus the games is an insanely good deal as it is.

They are louder and don't cool as well.
The 1 advantage to them is they blow the hot air out the back of your case instead of filling the case up. They can actually be ideal for SFF builds.

You can't sell the games and I don't want them so it really cuts into the value.

I read about a recent sale on the sapphire 64 nitro. iirc 369, can't recall if from some european or burger shop. That one was a good deal + the games, which I don't if still ass creed +2 or already dmc5 +2. Maybe they'll overlap and recent buyers may get to chose, don't know. I do know the ass creed one is going to be redeemable until december.. 6 I think.

>But Kepler somehow got far more favorable reviews compared to the 7970 than the 7970 did compared to Fermi.
because all of a sudden the tech industry cared about power consumption. gcn first gen on average consumed about 15-40 watts more demanding on card / model compared to nvidia equivalent. even though first gen gcn was extremely competive and had the fastest single gpu card out, 7970 ghz edition, tech industry still shilled hard for keplar. going as far as saying
>yeah 7970 ghz is faster but keplar uses so much less power that does that extra performance matter?
then you had assholes like techpowerup that since the 5000 series CONSTANTLY dinged amd cards for lacking:
>cuda
>PhysX
yes, I kid you not, go back and check out techpowerup reviews of amd cards from 2008 - 2012 and you'll see them DINGING amd cards for lacking cuda. CUDA. its one of the reasons why so many people back then thought you needed fucking CUDA for gaming. and yes, techpowerup TOOK POINTS OFF for lack of CUDA on amd cards.

PhysX to a degree I can understand but its not like amd could do anything about it. nvidia owned PhysX and wouldn't license it to amd if amd was willing to license it. kinda unfair to ding amd for that but its more understandable than fucking CUDA.

when amd had better products the tech industry still did everything they could to bend over backwards for nvidia. and its sad. it wasn't just nvidia's marketing.

like take fermi. even though some in the press did complain about it, they never promoted competing amd cards that used less power but offered the same performance. like the 6970 vs the 570. or the 6950 vs the 660. or the entire 5000 series vs everything 400. when keplar came out they honestly said "was the extra performance worth the extra power" with the 7970 ghz vs the 680 but during fermi? "oh it uses more power but its faster and worth it~!!!!!#@W132121"

ridiculous. why I hate all the major tech press.

Attached: Capture.jpg (984x460, 60K)

I share your historical butthurt.
no sarcasm, tech sites shilling are one of mine sore wounds.

Attached: Add-in-Board-GPU-Market-Share-2002-to-Q2-2018.png (1486x555, 84K)

Should I get a Vega or a 1070ti?
Coupled with my 8700.
Probably 1080 maybe 1440 eventually.

I also how they mocked dx11 support while also promoting nvidia's superior dx11 support during the fermi days when nvidia enabled multi-threadeding for their dx11 drivers.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1030x567, 81K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (1051x551, 69K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (1031x492, 74K)

the only generation that truly was pretty bad where the HD 2000 series, r7 300 series refresh, and I guess vega in the sense of disappointment.

HD 2000 series was very underwhelming and delayed after delayed. wasn't until the 3000 series and finally the 4000 series when it was fixed. 300 series refresh wasn't bad in performance, but its power draw was stupid high because it was a 200 series refresh. 390 drew 100-120 watts more than a 970. that was pretty bad and hard to defend.

vega was just a let down in performance. that's really it. I can't mock amd for power draw when vega is a huge triumph for amd in terms of power consumption. the performance it does give is the best power to performance ratio they have released. gcn 5 sits between pascal and Maxwell in power consumption plus high clock frequency. gcn at 1.5-1.6ghz core is a big triumph.
the rest of the generations i don't understand why. amd had good competeing products. 7000 series deserved more praise, same with the 3000 series, 4000 series, 5000 series, 6000 series, 200 series, and polaris.
>hurr 290 ran hot
290 used nearly same amount of power as 780 (ti)'s did. the only difference is the crapp REFERENCE cooler amd slapped on them.

cough, cough.
this is a fucking meme.
a nasty one. engineered memetic weapon.
there's absolutely nothing wrong with vega's performance, especially against it's true competitor, the 1080.
and that's on a nvidia biased benchmark, on a less than ideal setting for vega cards.

to drive the point further.
price points.
after the mining craze, naturally. That was one of the other major factors, alongside the shilling, that fucked up radeon vega public reception and image.

>vega was just a let down in performance
Vega, either 56 or 64, above 1.2k usd vs the ~1.1k 1080ti was the real problem, at the height of the mining craze.
the fact that the 1080ti's got down to 900ish a lot faster was big issue, Also, having them below 1k regulalry on big worldwide retailers while you had to look real hard to even find radeons in obscure asian retailers, for reference cards that is, still way above than a thousand bucks was another. the very first time I even saw one Sapphire Nitro+ for sale for one vendor from on lazada, a malaysian alibaba like site. It was going for 2.5k usd + shipping.
That's what really fucked up vega. First impressions are hard to redeem.

And against the 1080's. Well, it was pretty easy to find for them either on amazon or newegg, sometimes even below 800ish even during the peak of the mining craze. So, it was really a no brainer to get one 1080 hassle free from a reputable source instead of paying upwards of a thousand bucks on a place you never heard before.

So I got a freesync monitor and it looks like vega is best value and deal right now...
which card is better the asrock or sapphire?

well personally i own a vega 64.
>pic related
its my behemoth cooled by a morpheus ii. i love my vega 64.

I stated is was a let down in performance because it was delayed and the highest vega silicon only managed against the 1080. it didn't hit performance targets that amd themselves were aiming for toppled with features that didn't make it through. I, like many, would have liked closer to 1080 ti performance than 1080 for such a delay.

if amd came out with a complete lineup with vega, like a vega replacer for the 580, it would have been more successful then. at least to me. a 580 vega would use less power with a updated gcn architecture. seeing the vega performance in apu's I can only imagine a vega 560. only having two discrete cards out is a let down.

I guess what i'm trying to say is i'm growing tired of fragmenting their lineup. with either rebrands or different generation. its nice to trickle down those improvements. it helps their image and makes people happy.

right now nvidia is killing amd in the sub $300 market because of being able to trickle down. they take their 1080 ti, cut the silicon down, and release the 1060. I applauded amd to at least creating a new architecture with Polaris than rebranding this time for the sub $300 market, but vega should have replaced it there to bring those improvements.

Attached: DSC_0321.jpg (2304x1536, 1.89M)

if its reference it doesn't matter. amd manufactures all reference cards. partners just slap their name on it.

and iirc I think its sapphire that glues everything together for everyone for amd for reference cards.

in terms of warranty xfx is the best. I would say asrock would be second. sapphire is the worst if you live in the states. EU sapphire is good.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1141x720, 98K)

while on the topic of inflation.
Apparently the Vega's are undergoing another leg of upward trend in prices.
wtf.

Attached: 51c18ce52f.png (1304x882, 343K)

>you can't sell the games
I sold AC:Odyssey in the last promo for $45. I don't know what you mean.
Source for being unable to sell them in the new promo? How could they stop you? From what I saw, the process is the same as last time.

Yeah and it was "strange" that they didn't compare about power consumption with Fermi.
I mean they reported jokes and such about it, but in serious reviews they didn't seem to care that the 7970 had almost double the perf/watt of Fermi.

The GTX 680 wasn't even that more efficient than the 7970. It performed slightly better (on launch, but worse after fine wine), and consumed roughly the same exact power.
I don't get it, yet I remember the "efficiency king" headlines.

lmfao

Just really blows my mind how AMD didn't get a massive jump from the 7000 series when we now know it was the best GPU ever released relative to its time.
Though I guess you have to ignore drivers at launch compared to how good they matured.
The 280X shitstomped the GTX 960 on launch, though, yet people still bought more 960s.

Vega launch was only disappointing due to, again, launch drivers being immature, same with Polaris. And the prices being stupid due to miners.
Vega is pretty good now, better than 1070/ti/1080. Pascal's lack of proper HDR support is one big blight against it.

>right now nvidia is killing amd in the sub $300 market
No they aren't? RX580 has been priced better for many months.
But sure Nvidia is making better margins off of people paying more for a smaller die.

Vega, obviously. Buying Nvidia when you haven't already sunk the gsync cost is idiotic for that level of performance.
The difference between a 1440p 144hz Freesync model and the exact same monitor but with Gsync DRM is typically $200-$300. Freesync also has some better choices that Gsync doesn't have.

Thanks, about to pull the trigger. No chance the price drops lower and a better deal pops up than the 399 and 3 games right now right? I actually cant use it until december but a deals a deal

It's because they come with $180 of new games now, I think.
They're actually the cheapest ever when you factor that in.

You might not care about the games, but lots of others do.

really wish I could afford a vega right now

My card is from early october. I got it with the game bundle without problems and for far cheaper than against the cheapest 1080's -- in my country. I also glanced without paying much attention plenty of headlines for topics on forums or... (erm.. there, in that place) for deals below 400 usd for the various aib vega versions, pretty sure that the nitro promo I mentioned before can still be found in the most recent pages from... that other place.
I really thought prices were going down, surprised to find them like this just in time for black friday.

I got my Vega 56 Red Dragon for $330.
It came with AC Origins (~$50), Strange Brigade(~$25), and Star Control:Origins(~$7).
I would have rather gotten vega 64 reference for $400 and the 3x $60 games to resell, and slapped a Morpheus II on it. Basically would have wound up being a few buck more when you subtract what I resell the new games for ($120-$150 I'd think) and add the cooler cost.

I haven't been able to sell the Strange Brigade and Star Control. No one wants them. The games with the new pack are all in demand, anticipated titles, on the other hand.
If I actually WANTED the games, which... I actually would probably play 2 of them, it's really the best Vega sale there has ever been.
Hell, best GPU sale in like the past 2 or 3 years besides the RX580/570 one that's also happening.

I felt bad for all those who bought fat kepler and baby maxwell over hawaii.

Attached: ahaha nvidia housf....oh shit.gif (443x665, 23K)

user, 2 days before black friday? really? Just wait 2 days and stay up a bit late on thursday, check pcpartpicker and others for deals, maybe one from microcenter?
I don't want to make you miss on those newegg deals, but i suppose it's not that hard of a bet to wait two more days.
at the very least the newegg sales are said to be listed until saturday.

I think Vega is fine, but it came too late. The people who wanted 1080-tier performance already had years to just buy a 1080, which I had done in 2016. Those people, even if they are AMD fans, had nothing to upgrade to.

Get it, flash a 64 BIOS onto it, overclock the HBM2 to 1050 MHz (or more) and undervolt/underclock the GPU core to 1380 MHz @ 835 mV.

Pic related shows the improvement with the power draw reduced to ~170 Watts.

Attached: witcher 3 novigrad benchmarks - ultra settings - no hairworks - 1440p.png (2560x1440, 700K)

I never fired up star control and strange brigade.
been playing ass creed plenty though. I hate it. I hate it a lot, almost all 100hrs I dumped into it. (playing on nightmare, and I found the combat is kinda shitty, but it's goddamned gorgeous). kassandra's low res pantsu irked me aplenty though.
But yeah, this game bundle we both got is still better than far cry for the sake of having 2 more atop one equivalent one, but I agree that this new one is way more tempting.

Just worried about and the possibility of them going out of stock on newegg and being way more expensive elsewhere. but yeah I'll wait 2 days.

>417c
Yup that’s Hawaii

nah, lotsa 1080's were sold during dec last year. The peak mining craze. ti's were kinda on pricey side, maybe you could luck out with one below or slightly above 1k, Literally if you happened to be checking the particular store at the exact moment it went up, or that's it. Literally, no one in their right mind would be looking for radeons on asian websites and thinking to get one from there, for 1k+ rx580's (remember that? that was super fun) instead of a 800-50ish 1080 right from newegg with overnight shipping + mir, maybe.

I hesitated a bit to post that "advice". I really should've kept my mouth shut.
I still think it would be the best course of action, but as someone who lost freaking good deals waiting for the next best thing... which never came. Well it's a fucking bummer. Seeing how it's black friday week it's not that risky of a proposition, but well, yeah. I also considered stocks may not be that, considering the lack of aib versions. Maybe the reference ones up for sale are also a trickle from old stocks.

Now that it's patched up Asscreed is actually pretty nice. Sold the two other games for 70€.

you know who the real winners were though? early adopters who got vega cards during pre-sale offers and we laughed at them for being idiots.
boy were we wrong on that one. At least there were no custom cards back then, even the strix which was the single one that was more regularly available only began to be sold during the already crazed prices period.

I found that for game with ass in the name her low res pantsu and blocky butt was a grave sin.

Zune

Lmao, yep.
Especially people getting Samsung HBM gauranteed on their Vega56 that they could flash to 64. They won, even though launch drivers were pretty shitty for Vega.

I bought my bundle too late to sell the games for that much. I got $45 for AsscreedO. Considering I got the card for $330, that was okay.

Wish I had gotten this new deal, but really didnt' expect a better one to come along.

Zune had a nice feel to it, though.

no, no one is buying these models because there's a cheaper alternative, price the 1070 50$ cheaper than the other 1070s and it will sell

Wut? show me anything cheaper than the as rock vega 64 for 399 with 3 free games?

He's just retarded and thinks $350 1070Ti with $40 of games (which you can't resell as it's tied to your geforce account) and paying $200 extra for a monitor is cheaper than $400 minus $180 of games you can actually resell.
And the 1070Ti is fucking slower to boot. It gets its shit pushed in when you actually output 10bit HDR

So no, the reference Vega64 are the best deal right now outside of the RX570/580s.

What's weird about this is
>"""AMD shills""""
never made up bullshit about how the 1070Ti with Blops4 for $325 wasn't worth it around a month ago and didn't try to say that the, at the time, $500 Vega 64 was a better deal.
The current AMD GPU sale is the best GPU sale to happen for more than 2 years, and their response is to troll and try to gas light people. Lmao.

Navi will have no high end consumer card. AMD is at least a full year away from 1080ti performance. Let alone whatever NVidia will have out in 2020.