This computer is lightning quick and that is all the RAM it requires

This computer is lightning quick and that is all the RAM it requires.

It was a better age.

Attached: DeliciousXP.png (1600x900, 264K)

>800mb ram idle

Disgusting bloat

Attached: 712DB5DF-2517-4764-91F7-034B172F8599.jpg (1366x768, 255K)

KDE uses about that much in 2018

>600 MB idle
Gross.

Attached: 1453818755620.png (404x455, 13K)

>32-bit OS
>in 2019-41 days

Attached: photo_20181022_092833.jpg (814x1280, 78K)

>using XP x64
>ever

Good luck getting anything working.

Install Gentoo

Attached: scrotnew.png (1024x768, 1.03M)

XP x64 is just server 2003 without the server parts

>iceWM
>Letty
I see what you did there.

Well, regardless, the point of running this specific OS is because it's still getting updated until April of next year, which isn't true of XP x64.

If you were running server 2008 you would get updates AND could use all the RAM you want even in the 32 bit version

Attached: archsmall.png (1280x800, 882K)

can you play 4k60p av1 files?

Server 2008 is Vista Server, that's a different NT build. XP itself is the point.

Also Server 08 still came in 32 and 64-bit versions. It wasn't until 08 R2 (7 Server) that 64-bit was enforced.

>XP itself is the point.
But XP runs like crap even on a core 2 duo, compared to vista or 7.

Your image does demonstrate the crap multi-thread ability of XP.

Enjoy your viruses even before installation finish.

>But XP runs like crap even on a core 2 duo, compared to vista or 7.

That's the dumbest shit I ever heard. XP is extremely fast.

-dual core 4.0GHz CPU
-4GB of DDR4 3.0GHz RAM
-GeForce 1060

Attached: DUBcpu_XP.png (650x527, 47K)

Do your thing OP
bunch of ignorant ass haters

>XP is extremely fast.
Compare it to win7 on the same machine

>800MiB
>"all it requires"
that's embarrassing

> XP runs like crap even on a core 2 duo
I ran XP on a 733 MHz Celeron with 96 MB RAM. Kid. It was OK for games like Diablo II, Project I.G.I and Jedi Academy, not to mention 2D programs.

Well compared to all my 7+ machines sucking down 2GB just doing fuck all...

i switched to linux before i even had a machine with that much ram, when i first got XP, the most ram in one machine i had was 128M

>t.zoomer

>he thinks any embedded applications have the need for a 64-bit architecture
you're the "I'm an embedded dev because i wrote a python script for a raspberry pi" type, aren't you

The PC i use at work uses 4th gen i3 and windows XP.

The shit is so fucking sluggish loading my Emails takes literal 40 minutes.
I have to wait 2 minutes to print a page of text and once I had to pring 50 jpeg scans, it took literally 2 hours.

I blame windows XP. It probably isn't good friends with modrn CPUs,

My boss already ordered a new workstation, but the funny part is that they are going to use XP on it too, because our server runs Win Server 2000-something, and I don't thinks it's gonna run a lot faster.

Attached: 1542637337511.png (1024x768, 279K)

not really, I'm the "I'm not a retarded Luddite who lives ten years in the past because I refuse to advance " type

>tfw best OS but nobody use it

It's an alright OS. No major issues with it.

t. has never compared fresh installs of the two
>I ran XP on a 733 MHz Celeron with 96 MB RAM.
Yes, and XP is designed to work reasonably well even on pieces of shit like that. But today it's obviously optimized compared to more recent operating systems. Pic related is a good example, while the logoff sound is playing the whole system does NOTHING and waits for it to finish.

Attached: logoff sound.png (454x182, 24K)

it was so much better than Windows 10 I'm planning on doing a fresh install to go along my Linux install, Win 10 was such a huge fuck you to Windows user by Microshit, now I just need to find Win 8.1 iso's

Attached: raspi speccy full.png (1280x1024, 411K)

I liked it.
Win10 was an improvement though.

Could be better.

Running 3 virtualized cores.

Attached: Server2019Idle.png (1920x1080, 339K)

It's really not. It get uglier and less stable.
Another weird thing is they somehow made the tablet mode worse when 2-in-1 and touch screen laptop literally everywhere now.

>1.3GiB ram used
>to show basic system info and how much ram it's wasting
seriously, where is that ram being used?

I just installed it too. That's got literally nothing but what came OOBE.

the fuck it is
t. Win 8.1 users who mistakenly upgraded

>there are actually poor people who can't afford at least 8 gigs of ram

That doesn't seem useful.

got 16 in my toaster
still don't like my OS consuming more and more RAM the longer it's uptime is like Win10

>800M to run mspaint and speccy

Attached: arch 341M.png (1280x800, 327K)

It isn't.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 383K)

>letting your OS suck 2GB of ram when instead you could be using that to open another few hundred tabs on top of the thousands you already have open consuming almost your entire 32GB of memory

and now show how much it's swapping

I was pretty much forced to upgrade my Surface from 8.1 last weekend because of a laundry list of stuff:

- Wanted configurable touchpad gestures (having a four finger swipe volume control is not bad)
- WSL
- This one is fucking bullshit: Chrome notifications crash the whole fucking program if you swipe them away on Windows 8.1 and they don't support native OS notifications pre-W10
- Screen projecting from/to (this one is neat I'll admit)

Even with all this shit I know Windows 10 is a step backwards with their tablet/touchscreen UI.

Whatever the fuck this Action Bar right-side menu thing is sucks hard, there's such a delay in the animation that it's appalling coming from the Charms bar.

You used to be able to slide screen brightness to anything through a tap and a slide in 8.1. Now it's toggling between 0%, 25%, 75%, 100% through the one tile like a damn moron.

Have to disable Cortana and all that OneDrive bullshit instead of having that not exist at all. Fuck W10.

Install Debian Testing with kde-plasma-desktop. Try it, seriously.

> today
> optimized
Thing is, it's not.

Windows server 2012 is even better, just the right amount of Win 8.1 features without any of the bullshit.

I think he may have mistyped that. His post seems critical, not like he's praising it.

there was no swap configured on that VM

Embedded 8.1 industry pro is the same and doesn't have the server bloat

>still clinging to XP in this day and age
Fucking why

>4GB
>Ivy Bridge i5 CPU
Nigga I do all my computing in a dual core Mobile Ivy Bridge i5, that's fucking plenty of power even for productive usage today

>PieceOfShit Ready
Custom made for OP i see.

>not realizing I deliberately built a PC with the last generation of XP-compatible parts

>86M idle

Attached: RAM.png (376x424, 5K)