>dead line is in three hours
>decide to just install ubuntu
>takes for ever to install
>takes for ever to boot
>overwrote rEFInd with grub shit
>overwrote my fucking fan profiles somehow
>alt tab has like a 2 second delay
>reorder my boot order to recover rEFInd
>ubuntu has written 5 useless entries I am never going to need into my EFI partition

Holy shit. This is worse than windows. I remember using ubuntu 10 years ago and it just gets more shitty with every release. Fuck this, I guess I'm using visual studio. Also fuck google and their shitty captcha, what am I getting cooldown animations despite not posting at all today? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 768px-UbuntuCoF.svg[1].png (768x768, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20181120.iso
vim.wikia.com/wiki/Buffers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using windows

Name one (1!) good linux distro.

Ubuntu

>editing files on the cluster via SSH is a pain
Forget vim or emacs. If you can't even use nano you don't belong in college.

>dead line is in three hours

>>deadline is in three hours
what a fucking useless shit you are. Less posting on 4chin more studying and you would not have issues you fucking imbecile.

which country lol

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

gentoo

I am using vim. It's a pain to work with more than one file, don't even debate this.

Germany

I have a job. Unlike you, probably.

Attached: 1526505051103.png (1000x1000, 345K)

I have a job. If I had a deadline in three hours the last thing I'd do is install an OS. In conclusion, you have a job but no functioning brain cells. Like my colleague John. Everyone hates John.

learn how to split vim window noob

It's only the deadline for the exercise. The final project is 99% of the grade bonus, and guess what I need a development environment for that. Retard.

Can I go to a tab by typing the name without spamming gt? If no, fuck using vim with multiple files. Maybe I should try emacs.

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20181120.iso

Attached: 2018-11-20-141658_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.93M)

Wait, that actually become a thing?

you know about tmux or byobu? screen?

>Maybe I should try emacs.

vim, emacs, and "normal" editors are for three distinct types of people.

I love vim but occasionally scream at it. emacs, on the other hand, seems insane to me. at one point, I wondered if the fucking madness of Texinfo was related to emacs, and guess what, Stallman wrote both.

If you love texinfo, you will love emacs.

I don't have fucking administrative rights on this piece of shit super computer and I don't know how I feel about multiple ssh connections with the same account. Is that even possible?

Attached: Lichtenberg[1].jpg (1600x1151, 264K)

If you can't install software on the system, could you get the source, compile it and install it in your own home directory?

or compile tmux/screen/byobu and statically link the libraries, then transfer the binary to the cluster?

you wouldn't even need these, you could use tabs with vim (:tabe filename). if you were using nvi, then I'd just suggest you get used to ^Z-ing or editing buffers

ubuntu

quick redpill on buffers. want to try out emacs but i'm afraid im too much of a brianlet so i dont touch it.

Not him, but you're still a complete retard despite what you've said. Do the exercise first, THEN tend to your autism by setting up your OS. Or, do whatever you want, but don't complain about shit that is 100% your fault.

Ubuntu

Since I haven't used buffers myself, I can't give you a good redpill on them as I've used either tabs or tmux (went from vim to neovim to nvi).
Perhaps this will help you
vim.wikia.com/wiki/Buffers
God bless you, user

Having no IDE makes it harder to navigate the code template, thus killing my productivity. Asshole.

I want to add: I seriously doubt you won't be allowed multiple SSH connections. Worst case scenario: try and see. Yes, it's possible to have multiple SSH connections, I've used them myself many times.

>take CUDA
Stopped reading there, if you want to complain about proprietary crap go to support forums or any other shithole of your liking

Attached: 1542576102157.jpg (250x250, 19K)

We don't have a OpenCL class, fretard.

install ubuntu

>ubuntu
fuck idiots like you

fucking john, i hate that guy

fuck off fag, name 3 things wrong with ubuntu

>OP is so retarded he can't even install ubuntu properly
>throws tantrum like a little girl

Where is the option not to install grub during the installation? There is none, asshole.

Attached: 1506173727937.jpg (495x600, 242K)

I dont have feminist dance therapy classes either

Attached: 1540770429581.jpg (500x631, 97K)

windows 7

>needing an IDE
oh wow look at this faggot

Fedora

I don't need it, but I want it, because it helps productivity.
I can also write IBM System/360 Assembly on punchcards, but why would I want to?

Just learn to use buffers and how to split your screen.
For project overview install nerdtree.

Before you complain learn the tool

Attached: retard.jpg (261x323, 22K)

I can't install things on the super computer of my university, dammit.

well you won't hold your job for long if that's your attitude towards deadlines. For God's sake how does an adult manage to need a new OS mere hours before a deadline.

Mint

>this OP damage control

KYS DUMB KRAUT

I installed Xubuntu 18.10 a few days ago and it installed in 5 minutes. :^)

>so retarded that you try to install an entire operating system and make some convulsed dual boot set up instead of just learning to use your terminal and vim
you're too stupid, drop out.

>CUDA

Attached: 1542332461878.png (310x315, 382K)

Ubuntu

it's ur fuckin refind installation from arch shit ubuntu have no problems using default efi string unlike arch shit.

why out yourself as a NEET though?

>dead line in 3 hours
>IF THERE WAS A GOOD TIME TO EXPERIMENT, IT IS NOW!
OP do yourself a favor and drop out before your criminal stupidity hurts someone and lands you in jail.

Ubuntu subsystem for Windows 10

>Muh fan profiles
Please contemplate returning to /Reddit/

Attached: 1493818799454.jpg (800x820, 257K)

>using default installation settings
>rolling on bare metal instead of a VM
>reinstalling OS at all with deadline coming up
Stop trying into computers and change to BWL at FH Hintertüpfingen, you subhuman pajeet. You're the reason for digitales Entwicklungsland.

Is it still based on Eclipse 3.8 from 8 years ago though?
And the drivers, did you install the right version? Because black screens.
And then you installed an old Ubuntu, right? Because CUDA only 14.04 or 16.04 because Le Kernel supports
And once you finally get your house of cards all carefully set up, they ship a new CUDA with a tool you want and when you try to install it, everything breaks apart

No, seriously, don't even waste four months with NVidia's shit like I did
Every goddamn weekend for months and I maybe had one weekend of productivity in the whole of it

I use Ubuntu. Why? Because I have real work I need to get done and I could give a fuck about what fucking gooky tiling window manager I have. Ubuntu is the just works of the Linux world. And since I need a distro that just works I use Ubuntu. The day I retire I'll spend my time ricing out some fucking obscure OS.

>being this tech illiterate
You can't use CUDA on a VM unless you have a complicated dual GPU pass-through setup.

or just use tmux you fucking retard

>bricks your motherboard

Manjaro

>woah you don't know specific hardware restrictions of this niche proprietary software tech I just learnt about in college so illiterate
>in a thread where he cries about not being able to handle babby linux installation
Unironically neck yourself, pajeet. You belong in a Turkish mobile sweatshop, not a university.

Ubuntu Studio

devuan gahnoo+linuggs

Windows 10

Mx linux

I didn't ever go to college to learn about computers. I went into an accounting degree but dropped out and now am a NEET.
CUDA not working on VMs is a well known issue even for laypeople like myself. Maybe you shouldn't comment on what OP should or shouldn't done if you don't even know what his basic requirements and issues were.

When formatting go to Advanced and set / as the directory for the grub install. That will skip the install for grub.

Linux Mint

Nope, sorry John, you're just a spastic.

Just develop locally and scp the files and compile on the remote you brain let op

Who the fuck writes C in eclipse?

>don't need this ide
>But I want it
>Well I guess I should install another OS so I can use this ide I want to increase productivity over the next 3 hours minus however long the install takes
Drop the class desu

Who the fuck writes C?

debian :)