Soundcard

Soundcard
Does it make a difference? Should i get one

Attached: pdt-mhl-audigy-fx.png (750x603, 352K)

you're opening a can of worms here buddy

probably only external ones make any sense

If your integrated card is total, utter shit it will make a difference.
If its not, get a USB DAC to have noticeable, better sound quality.

Any recommendations for a good external one then

not noticeably. they used to be cash in the 90s/00s but integrated sound cards aren't complete trash anymore so unless you can hear noise through your headphones when nothing's playing then you're fine, no need to fall down the magical ears placebo audiophile rabbit hole.

this, even bad mobo is enough though.

literally installed this today and now i can hear something from my headphones and the quality is like double

if you have to ask, then no

rme madiface xt

That price
Are these kinds of products legit or do only suckers buy them

legit as fuck if you want to record a large orchestra with 192 channels simultaneously

Really depends on what you have now.
Post motherboard.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Got a Logitech Z906 speakerset

If you have a decent pair of headphones, there's a notable difference even from good motherboard audio. That's not to say it's worth spending a ton on one or anything if you don't really care, but I picked up a Sound Blaster Z for next to nothing and was surprised at just how much better it is than my Crosshair VI's audio.

If you have to ask, then no it doesn't matter. Dedicated sound cards are mostly for special features rather than sound quality. Even dirt cheap DACs have become ridiculously well specced in the last couple of decades, no way you'd be able to hear the difference.

I bought a sound blaster Z last year, and i don't regret it. Way better than my 80€ motherboard audio

Yes, no and maybe.

For listening on those speakers - not really, unless you're looking into something like a creative card for EAX.
Put the money into buying a used Yamaha/Onkyo Home Theater Receiver and better speakers first.

What should I get, and internal soundcard or external, and what should I get?
>Mobo: Asus TUF X470-Plus
>Integrated: Realtek ALC 887
It has incapacitated japanese, and probably electrolytes

>It has incapacitated japanese
It.. what...

they say
>Premium Japanese audio capacitors
so I guess it has some incapacitated japanese making sound, di di mau style

You'll benefit from a soundcard or DAC. Far more than would, even if you were using the same speakers.
That is a fucking terrible setup, for shame ASUS.

>rme madiface xt
I'm STILL (11+ years) using my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer meme soundcard, as my shit equally old motherboard always suffers from noise on either mic or speakers.

Attached: creativexfixtremegamer.jpg (400x300, 19K)

I know that the biggest benefits to a sound card is usually a lower noise interference and a higher amplification rating. But would I even benefit with my harx700 headphones and alc887 audio chip.

>Dayton B652 Speakers
>Lepai LP2020TI
>Audigy 2zs

Yea, I notice a difference over onboard. Doesn't sound has flat.