>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1524930658895.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/PPbMNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/BxVC9J
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2018-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2070-Performance-1265/
amazon.com/Gold-Enterprise-Class-Hard-Drive/dp/B01AV168FS
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814126225
pcpartpicker.com/list/WqYqQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/hf8sxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/rMvC9J
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822179005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gotta love black friday/cyber monday deals my dudes. i went all in

pcpartpicker.com/list/PPbMNN
This is my current build I built 2 years ago. I'm currently using my Playstation 24" 3DTV as a monitor. I've also upgraded my PC with another blue 1tb drive.
I need more ram, and a new monitor. Should I get the same 2x4gb 2400MHz ram for 16gb or a higher speed set of stick(s)? And whats a good 75hz, 24 inch, 1080p monitor under 200CAD?

Attached: ilovewindows.png (792x558, 20K)

>Resident AMD shill of the thread in 3... 2... 1...

Forgive the ignorance, but how is performance difference between nitro+ 580 vs. nitro+ 590 vs. 1070ti or Vega 64?

I know it’s a wide range but I’m just trying to best gauge $/performance ratios in a sense.

>nitro+ 580
60 FPS @1080p in MOST games
>nitro+ 590
60 FPS @1080p in all games
>1070ti
High framerate at 1080p, not so great for 1440p
>Vega 64
Are you sure you can get it working properly?

oh fuck
forgot I promissed a guy build

anyone got some excel premade where I just fill out shit?

this is tiny eastern europe country so no partpicker stuff

ryzen 2600x + rx580 or 570 depending on the price

also any recommendations on ryzen 2x4GB memory that is 3000 or above and not hilariously expensive because of samsung b die or some shit?

Attached: 1453695765304.jpg (600x450, 142K)

1500USD
games/VR/production
1440p 75+ fps

is it possible with my budget? No peripherals

With a 9600k and RTX 2080, is there a particular motherboard I should look into? I don't know which brands are reputable in this case and was mostly going to go off of sales this week to decide.

i just ordered 9600k,

i wouldn't ever trust these paid AMD posters

Are there any sites with respectable reviews of the i5 9600k vs something like an i7 8700k in gaming?

If I want to run games at above 144hz for the next 3 years at 1080p what do I get?

Some info I see makes the 1070ti look like its gonna fall off in the next year or 2.
I dont care about max settings

should I get a ryzen 2600 or 2600x
with b450 (asrock pro4) or x470 (msi gaming plus or asus prime pro) mobo

building a new system for 1440p (no freesync/gsync) upgrading from i5-3570k.

gonna go to microcenter for mobo and cpu. don't care about aesthetics and probably not going to bother overclocking.

Attached: 1520458957043.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Black Friday deals haven't been so amazing, outside of the AMD GPUs, so much as prices for RAM, SSD, etc, have just generally been trending down.

>nitro+ 580
Will generally do everything on high or maxed, 1080p@60-75. 144 in highly optimized games like Dota2, Overwatch.
>nitro+ 590
5% better than the 580. Only worth it if you really want the 3rd game and would have paid $50-$60 for it.
>1070ti
Like +50-60% over the RX590, but doesn't support Freesync so you either pay out the ass for monitor or you stick to locked framerates like 1440p@60fps, or configure them to multiples.
>Vega 64
About another 5-10% above the 1070Ti. 15-20% above when outputting 10bit HDR. Much better in DX12/Vulkan.

>9600k and 2080
Man I hope this isn't 1080p.
And I don't know. Intel has too many boards, many of which are scams. Too much to keep track of for such a bad product.

No one compares them with anything running in the background, so the results are useless compared to real world usage. No one closes their browser just to game and uses their PC as a glorified console.

Including monitor? Yeah probably possible.

Nothing can run everything at 144fps minimum.

What kinda moron would get a 2080 for 1080p?

I really hate you fucking AMD nigger shitting up every PC Building General, I fell for your blatant scamming last year but not this year faggot

Attached: 1537684745128.jpg (300x300, 33K)

i ordered one a couple days ago. came with a cod4 key so i p much got the cpu for 200 dollars.
should be coming in next week

Nice false-flag

intel or amd for VR?

Unless you plan on professionally unzipping files all day on Linux, Intel is always the answer.

ty bb

Hey guys, sort-of new to building. I need to get myself a new editing computer (I use mainly Premiere and Avid MC) and from what I've read, it seems like my best choices would be to go with the i9-9900K with a RTX 2070. Is this correct, are there better options? And is there a particular motherboard or other parts you'd recommend that would go well with these?

/retro/ pcbg?
i got a DFI lanparty nf2 ultra b, socket 462 ordeal
besides dicking around with the PC Transpo kit (because holy shit this thing is hilarious, the early 2000's werent real) what should i build?

Attached: DseW06bXQAELgfk.jpg (1200x900, 211K)

Attached: 1392931258155.jpg (1600x900, 489K)

i guess this is more /generally old/ than it is retro but the idea still stands

idea was like an athlon xp of some kind, ive got a drawer full of DDR to try, and then a geforce 4 of some kind or if i can find one, an FX 5xxx of some kind

Attached: mobos.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

Same kind of moron that spends a lot of money on only 6 threads? So had to ask.

Compression is used in everythig, you moron. Your game installs are not uncompressed data on your disk. Much of loading a game and levels is decompression being done.

No point in getting something other than the 2600/X for 90hz like that.

Software rendering is always going to be better quality than hardware accelerated.
GPU wise, all you really need is a GTX 1060. unless you're doing greater than 4K resolution. At 4K and lower, the 1060 is nearly the same performance as a 1080Ti in playback.
I have no clue what you think you need the 2070 for.

just use pcpartpicker and copy the name of the items?

>athlon

Brings back so many bad memories. The same kind of memories that the retards who bought a Ryzen will have 10 years from now.

pcpartpicker.com/list/BxVC9J

what do you guys think? i keep hearing MB is shit but not sure

Current PC:
>old, shitty, budget acer monitor (that surprisingly doesn't have any dead pixels after seven years) @1080p60
>B350 mobo
>R5 1600
>1050ti
>16 GB RAM
>500GB SSD boot drive that's constantly full thanks to the era of ~100gb games
>two 1TB HDDs in Windows' RAID0 that are a little over halfway full
What would be a good upgrade this black friday? The 1050ti is adequate and I can coax it into 60fps, but obviously newer and more demanding games look like ass on it and it's irritating. My monitor works perfectly still, but it's low quality and not pleasant to look at. My storage is holding up fine, but some newer open world games with fuck huge textures can occasionally really choke if they have to pull something big unexpectedly. I'm leaning towards grabbing an RX 580 8GB on sale, but wanted input. I'm only looking to spend $200 tops, so more than one upgrade won't fly.

Which 6TB hard drive would you guys recommend that has decent speed and not too noisy nor expensive?

Google just directs me to a bunch of shills without any proper benchmarks.

Looking for DAW suggestions.

Budget: Cheapest possible, maybe $100-300 for mobo, processor, and RAM

Use: Ableton 9. Already have a USB interface that works very well, so I'm not too clear on what metric (amount of RAM, processor speed, # of cores) would benefit me most. Biggest problem I have now is latency (the delay between when I press a key on the keyboard and the software synthesizes it into a note, or when a sound is recorded and written to the file).

Anyone got any input?

I just used excel
so far I got this and its in his price range I believe

Attached: 1542748483.png (902x357, 62K)

>I have no clue what you think you need the 2070 for.
Well I was mainly going off based on this:

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2018-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2070-Performance-1265/

I render stuff at 4K but not greater than that. If I do go with the GTX1060, would that really be enough for smooth playback and rendering? What about the GTX1080?

>decent speed and not too noisy nor expensive

Same place where you can find unicorns that shit rainbows.

5TB Toshiba X something. Not the 6TB one, it's a lot more expensive.

youre not gonna get a good drive thats not noisy and isnt expensive and isnt slow

heres a western digital gold:
amazon.com/Gold-Enterprise-Class-Hard-Drive/dp/B01AV168FS
its about the best you can buy

gpu

>Same place where you can find unicorns that shit rainbows
So in Equestria

btw its rx580 gpu, just copy paste failed me

Get another SSD. Or a bigger GPU and sell your old one.

Cute

>pcpartpicker.com/list/BxVC9J

anyone?

also i already have a current build so just using the PSU, drives, monitors etc

That board needs recap if you want to use it, the elyts around the sockets are going to burst. And that's not funny thing to happen.

What do you want us to say?

What should I upgrade first? My GPU or CPU? Or is the whole build too old?
Would I need a new motherboard to upgrade my CPU?

Attached: 2013smidrange.png (649x581, 80K)

Get a 2070, Jesus Christ...

I really want to get a new SAS raid card but all the ones I see online are over $100. I have an 8 drive bay and I really want to utilize all the slots but I'm a penniless neet.

>I recognize that bulge

Attached: 1538164972569.gif (500x376, 2M)

Yes. Upgrade the gpu first and upgrade the CPU for Zen2 or Zen3.

Buy ram with the same speed otherwise it will just downclock to the slowest kit.

please respond face

Attached: image0.jpg (749x746, 66K)

>gpu or cpu first?
CPU, unless you plan on gaming. that graphics card is fine for light video editing, office work, web browsing, and audio editing. just don't plan to run any games made after 2013 very well.

>will i need a new motherboard?
yes, yes you will. you will also need DDR4 ram.

thank you for the fast response

Attached: nice.png (556x267, 56K)

2600x it auto and is better binned overclocks

Anyone else can help here? Any other editors here that can share their build?

Is this GPU good for gaming on a Ryzen 2600 and 16 gb of ram

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814126225

>gaming on a Ryzen

kek

yeah

Technically yes. But it is an ASUCC after all. I hope hope those fortnite frames are worth it mister pro gaymer.

How's this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/WqYqQZ

I saw looking at the same bench.
Can you not read it and see that the 1060 results are near identical to the 1080ti at 4K and lower? idk what else to tell you.

Solid build.

Your current CPU is surely bottlenecking hte GPU in some cases.
For that reason, CPU. But Zen2 isn't far off at this point.

Though eh... RX580 sale is a better deal than any other sale, so may as well just upgrade GPU now instead.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/BxVC9J
>8700
>$310 for a 1070
why?

May as well get the X when it's only $20-$30 more and not have to mess with overclocking to get the most out of it.

Don't know why you'd get that for gaming unless you already have Gsync. You can get Vega 64 for cheaper.

I fell for Intel's Pentium 4 garbage propaganda too.

is the 200 dollars really worth it? i already put anything i run on all low to get the most out of it, dont care for the fancy looks

okay so 2600x, but with b450 or x470?

It works fine desu. Especially streaming.
1080p60@6000mbs/medium and I lose 1-5fps depending on the game. Considering I hit over 60, unless playing some arma multiplayer I am very please with the purchase. Good for video editing, film making (premiere, avid) and DAW(protools, cubase) it's simply amazing.

200 dollars worth what?

b450(m) pro4 is fine.

That was such a time. Glad I didn't fall for it. Almost everyone with a P4, other than the most diehard fanboys, had buyers remorse.
Now days the mid-higher end CPUs are so overpowered that it really doesn't matter TOO much what you get, just that some are better buys than others.

I run mine at 4200MHz 1.3375V on all cores with a B450 Mortar

>Brings back so many bad memories.
Except you were maybe 3 years old at best, then. And people don't remember stuff from when they were toddlers, teenage-kun.

Attached: nothing personnel, kid.jpg (550x366, 26K)

There's respectable reviews of the 9600k vs. 8600k, which is obviously basically the exact same thing.

>Can you not read it and see that the 1060 results are near identical to the 1080ti at 4K and lower?
Well actually that chart doesn't compare the 2070 with the 1060, but I'll take your word for it. Wouldn't it create a bottleneck with the 9900k though?

worth getting a 2070 instead of a 1070

Swore to never buy anything Intel ever again, got a sandy bridge system from a friend back in 2012 and I'm still on it. Waiting for Zen2. Intel can die in a fire.

Why are you taking advice from someone who's getting paid to sell you AMD trash?

It's not worth getting either a 1070 or 2070.
Get vega.
If you already have Gsync, you should be able to find a used 1070 or there is the 1070Ti.

Yeah. 2500k will be my last Intel CPU I've gotten, I'm pretty sure.
I've had 4 AMD CPUs, 4 Intel ones. Always had far better experiences with the AMD ones. Of course I avoided Bulldozer though. If AMD is "not competitive", I'll just wait to buy until they are.

I mean it's worse?
The soldier Intel used is really bad. They added new insulator that you had to sand down rather than simply wipe off. Shit's a fucking joke.

Yeah but you can see the 1060 performance is perfectly good enough that you won't really see a difference with anything else.
What do you mean "bottleneck"? How is a GPU going to "bottleneck" a program that runs almost entirely on the CPU outside of video preview playback? That's not how that works. That's like asking how a 1024 core headless Rome server doesn't get "bottlenecked" by its complete lack of GPU.

Kek yes, my 2600X is more powerful than the 6core Xeon E5 3.2MHz Mac I use at school. Can't believe this shit. I also have faster RAM and 4times more storage for probably half or a third of it's original price.
Why the hatred bruh?

How is Vega these days? And why is it so cheap all of a sudden?

Because no one wants it.

>The soldier Intel used is really bad.
Dunno about the solder, but as you mentioned the thicker die and thicker IHS seems to even more of a thermal insulator than the 8th gen toothpaste. If I was forced to choose between the two, I'd probably go the 8th gen/delid/conductonaut route over trying to fuck around with 9th gen thermals.

You don't know what it's like to be on a Pentium 4.

gettin close to my budget goal
any notes would be appreciated
pcpartpicker.com/list/hf8sxG

Attached: 1500571471120.png (371x332, 292K)

What's wrong with it?

Was it really that bad? Redpill me on the Pentium 4

No GPU?

picked up a RX480 8GB for $100 AUD, did I get a good deal? i am looking to play some new games on high settings 1080p

Price and power consumption.

hourly reminder

Attached: qmahuy[1].png (847x109, 8K)

its in the list, 2080ti windforce
dont want no cumslut used 1080ti

>Yeah but you can see the 1060 performance is perfectly good enough that you won't really see a difference with anything else.
Alright, thanks man. So if I go with the 1060, what do you feel about this build? Anything I should change?

pcpartpicker.com/list/rMvC9J

Just think how much cheaper builds could be if games were better optimized. I can't believe how slowly some modern games run, they're not even doing anything that should be taxing graphics-wise.

For anybody who missed it. The continuation of this

Attached: In case of AMD shill 8.jpg (2624x6216, 1.86M)

> doesn't want an used 1080ti
> rather have a refurbished old 1080ti with a broken refresh

Yes, Presshot was really bad. Pushing for 3.4 gigahertz at housefire levels while getting destroyed by Athlon at 2GHz in every way possible. Summer was a fucking nightmare.

>baracuda
no, get 4TB ironwolf, better warranty
its on sale on newegg

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822179005

Ye

Are the WD Reds/Ironwolf drives worth it even when not using them for NAS purposes?

The STATE of intel

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

When I originally made this the guy said that "im looking at 0.10% frametime results" rather than looking at frametime graphs where it's apparently very different from my conclusions that I reached based on the 0.10% times.
So, as requested by the guy, I took a look at the frametime graphs and "eyeballed" it, which isn't the most accurate way to objectively judge something.
And of course there comes the issue of what frametime "dips" are worse than other and so on.
Gave me relative rough conclusion which is very similar to my conclusion based on 0.10% times. Which is that they are relatively equal with a slight lead in AMD.

Pic related is his opinion on the matter.

Attached: muh framerate4.jpg (2736x7368, 2.62M)

I'm back again, just once more looking for opinions from anons that own the U2715H. Also, open to suggestion for other 1440p, 27 inch IPS monitors. Budget is 500 dollars.

Attached: Dell-Ultrasharp-U2715H.jpg (1500x1500, 131K)

Wow so AMD pays a rep to help us make builds but Nvidia and Intel don't?
I'm returning my 9900k and 2070