Why do we need more screen area on our phones?

Why do we need more screen area on our phones?

Attached: phones.jpg (1500x1000, 286K)

Why not?

Because it's starting to hinder actual usability?

Get bigger hands, manlet

Why is there a notch?

I'm a dude, I don't need a tablet in my pocket

I remember when there used to be PDAs. God damn it I'm a boomer.

Because I'm not a fucking 14yo girl. A phone is only good for making calls, sending messages and checking maps. I don't need a 7" screen and 32 cores for that, I need a long lasting battery.

Because people are dumb fucks that don't know what they want. First we're making phones smaller and smaller, now we're making them bigger.

Fit more information per page.

>Why do we need more screen area on our phones?

I don't need it, but I want it.

smartphones became entertainement devices. i've got a key2 recently and don't miss a bigger screen, but i'm actually using my smartphone as a communication device, not as a gameboy or tv screen.

You can argue phones are getting too big but "why do we need more screen" is a retarded question even for Jow Forums.

People here like to pretend to be so against mainstream technology they will try to hate shit like "more screen"

Phones were getting smaller when everyone expected nothing from them except the ability to dial a number and talk with it next to your ear. Now since phones do everything, live stream, watch videos/movies, play games, conduct work, etc. we need bigger screen and more screen area.

can you explain how?

my 4 yo 7" phone has 5,000 mah tho

Because they can't get phones much thinner, They need to find other ways to market "new" features.

really makes me think

After using Z5c extensively I've come to realize a 5" body is truly the ideal size.

Attached: 1533916380983.jpg (3745x3021, 1021K)

To compensate for my small penis

>Because it's starting to hinder actual usability?
How? By being more practical and intuitive to type on?
It's the screen real estate that has been getting bigger, not necessarily the devices themselves. Poco F1 for example is Redmi Note 5's top bezel shorter than it, but has a 6.2" display.