Me again, I'm ready to buy a nice 4K tv. Budget is pretty flexible, I hear it needs to have HDR...

Me again, I'm ready to buy a nice 4K tv. Budget is pretty flexible, I hear it needs to have HDR, and since I'm only about 5' away like 55"?

Attached: IMG_2265.jpg (750x976, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling
4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/
walmart.com/ip/Sharp-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160P-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-LC-55Q7030U/277181359
hometheaterreview.com/ultra-hd-blu-ray/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16C-0003-004S9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DON'T, there's virtually no "4K" (ie 8K video) for it available.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

Ok so if I buy a 1080p tv now and 4K develops in 2 years I'll have to buy another one? I've gone 20 years on a CRT I don't want to keep buying TVs ever year lol

More like 10 years, most "4K" movies (ie 1080p) video are actually recorded in native 1080p res.

4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/

I just got this TV and love it. It has Android TV , hdr, 4k, yadda yadda
walmart.com/ip/Sharp-55-Class-4K-Ultra-HD-2160P-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-LC-55Q7030U/277181359

This is cool. A lot of movies I'm planning on watching in 4K were shot in 4k

What "4K" (ie 8K video) have you found for it?

>"UHD BD sticks with 4:2:0 chroma sub-sampling (like Blu-ray)"

hometheaterreview.com/ultra-hd-blu-ray/

Still better if you get a 1080p tv desu senpai.

Like 4k content? YouTube and Netflix has 4k stuff. I got a PS4 pro but I know it's not true 4k. Idk, I'm just trying to help OP

No I mean content with 4K chroma, aka "8K" video.

so whats the best 1080p out there? something sony or samsung?

probably samshit.

I see nothing in the original post asking about 4k chroma whatever. I don't know, I'm not a videophile.

>being this pleb

>bad santa 2 is real
fuck yeah time to upgrade just in time for holidays

checked

Are "smart" ie internet connected TVs a must these days?

Only if you want LG filming you while you jerk off in front of it

This is the most retarded shit I've read today. Most film and tv production from the last decade is shot in 4k. You have a 4k camera in your phone for fuck's sake.

You're fucking stupid and here's why: most "4K" cameras encode video to 4:2:0 which essentially is useless in video editing. So what companies do is they convert said video to 4:4:4 1080p video and THEN use that for video editing. There's actually very few cameras (ie extremely expensive) which actually record 4K native res and encode to 4:4:4 video.

This is literally the reason why 8K cameras are used to shoot 4K you mong.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16C-0003-004S9

should I buy this

You are the most knowledgeable person in the thread. I know from video editing that you are correct. However what does this mean in terms of smart TV purchases? What kind of TV should I buy?

You only need a 4k TV if your living room is the size of a damn auditorium. Most people try to cram large ass screens in spaces that frankly are two damn small for it. The tv ends up being as wide (or close to it) as the room itself. Then your viewing distance is far to close; rule of thumb, farther back you sit the bigger the screen. Closer you sit; smaller the screen. I got a 65" 1080 set. Perfect for my room. Both in terms of room space and viewing distance. The TV don't dominate the room and we (me,wife,any guests) get that theater like feel.

I'll pass then thanks

Good quality 1080p TVs with good contrast ratio and response times10ms or lower if possible if you plan to watch 60 fps content on them. There will come a time for 4K TVs but it's gonna be a real long while before that happens, most studios have little incentive to push out "8K" content at all let alone "4K".

CSS is a good method of reducing video file size without affecting visual quality much but this relied on older display tech since color reproduction was poor. Now with things like oled and high end IPS panels it's easier to notice it. To top it all off, streaming 4K content will have like 1/10th the bitrate of blu-ray.

Chroma subsampling is not a thing in any high end camera that captures RAW video, like red and blackmagic cameras. All major film studio production has been done on these kinds of cameras for at least a decade and movies are projected in 4K 4:4:4 in movie theaters.

Also, even if you were to use a 4:2:0 codec to shoot video, it's still got 4K luminance resolution, so you're going to see more detail than 1080p video regardless. To add to that, all streaming video on the internet is encoded in 4:2:0, so if you're watching a 1080p stream, you're only getting color resolution that's 1/4 of that.

bump

imho a 4k tv is only worth it if you use it as a computer monitor, and even then mostly just for youtube videos and video games (if your rig can handle it)

Fuck all this autism. Get a Samsung UHD QLED TV and call it a day. Get a Roku TV if you want a smart TV.

I have a 55 inch 4k tv. Usually watch tv with it and sometimes movies.

T is 1080i or 720p i dont recall, lel, so not even 1080p. Motherfuckers. Maybe in 5 years from now they'll switch to 1080p, and then 5 more 2 or 4k.

Most studios skipped 4k, and went straight to 8k, so you'll need to upgrade soon.

Sony W905 is probably the best 1080p made but its old as fuck with dated software, the current models are better anyway, X900F are cheap or A9F(OLED) if you got the bucks to spare they both have handle 720/1080 well.

this guy fucks.

>5" away from the screen

better start putting down money for an eye transplant.

His dog.

>bunny ears in the corner
you have nothing that will actually benefit from a 4K TV

Stop falling for the idiots trying to sell you a 1080p TV. 4K is affordable now, and it's future proof.

>65" 1080 set
Brah you can play Lego with those pixels.

>vhs

Some movies never made it to DVD

Get a quality 4k HDR TV like the LG C8 and you're good for a long time, given no OLED burn-in.
Also, this.

I got rid of those bunny ears for one of those flat antennas

Attached: IMG_2269.jpg (3162x2448, 1.21M)