Joins CS college

>joins CS college
>professor it's a Mac user
>heavyweight Intel shill and Java pusher
>seems to care more about social status than how to properly teach
>get insecure every time a student shows some solid level of skill
>looks down at a student whenever they need help and orientation
>slowly starts treat you like a shadow

Attached: cbocol2xxouz2v2y7gh7jzzc662i7gff.jpg (640x960, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/p4j962
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>professor it's a Mac user

Would you have preferred a Wintoddler instead?

That's his job you mong, he's there to create an environment where YOU will push yourself to actually do things not be your little buddy. He's only there as a guide and set a bar.

His job is to teach you fucking moron

His job is to do research.

>class in DTP
>teacher is one of those old women who got empowered when she first used a macintosh
>fervent apple fanatic
>has "Think Different" posters all over the classroom
>starts each class with a Two Minutes Hate for Bill Gates
>stretches to five minutes
>I quietly point out that we're supposed to be making a book for the class, not indulging in her personal sexual fantasies
>
>
>next week, different teacher

>68584569
>starts each class with a Two Minutes Hate for Bill Gates

Thanks for the mental image

Attached: oV3LJ7e.jpg (1053x991, 290K)

>looks down at a student whenever they need help and orientation

HE DOESN'T LIKE WHEN HIS STUDENTS DO GOOD,AND HE ESPECIALLY DOESN'T LIKE IT WHEN THEY DO BAD

Mine forces us to watch science fiction and take tests on the movies he shows us because its "part of geek culture"

My algorithms teacher used a thinkpad with some GNOME distro on it. I felt a real connection since at the time I used a T410 with Fedora. The first class of the semester was showing different kinds of the Fibonacci sequence calculator.

>first CS class in college
>professor has a thinkpad
>uses arch
>uses vim
>encouraged us to use an image of his OS
2 years later every other professor has been so shit. Where are you prof

mactoddlers will defend this

i wanna fug asuka

This. If your University is worth a damn, your professors are there for research and teach on the side. Don't expect many of them to be the best teachers.

Worst girl

Attached: bestgirl.gif (200x154, 245K)

>final year of uni (sydney)
>applied crypto professor uses thinkpad, arch, a crazy customized vim that he uses at max speed
>burned his fingertips off
>hair down to his elbows
>always angry as fuck
>told us after an in class quiz that he hijacked the classes wifi access point and has all data routed during the quiz while pointing at a bulky usb thing with an antenna out of his laptop (it looked homemade)
>says that if any of us ever navigated away from the quiz website at all during the quiz then he'll go straight to the discipline board to get us expelled for academic misconduct
>never wore shoes in class

dude was insane

Op probably just mad that his prof won’t hand hold him

Welcome to college, read the textbook

That’s not Misato

I would have liked my professor to be misato and hand hold me through college

All I got were angry SJWs. Shame it's a crime for graduate students to date their students. But it's too late now

Not a crime, but they'll get disciplined by the university I mean

University shouldn't be allowed to police behavior like that extrajudicia

You should expect linux if he really is tech literate

> University shouldn't be allowed to police behavior like that extrajudicia
I assume you’re not a burger.

>prof encourage the use of arch in server infrastructure

Attached: 1542551559284.gif (746x479, 953K)

If you're suffering from depression, the book 'Feeling Good' by MD David Burns can help. It's about cognitive-behavioral therapy, a successful treatment for depression.
Link to PDF:
sendspace.com/file/p4j962

You can also try some St. John's Wort (it's a plant) tea for immediate relief (I mix mine with Melissa for the calming effect), see if it works for you. I'm currently trying it out myself, no opinion yet.

Attached: feeling good burns.jpg (1589x2560, 323K)

I bet he made fun of you in front of the whole class when he asked students whether they have macs or windows and you smirked and said "actually, I use ArchLinux with a tiling window manager".

Every single CS class I've had we've used a Linux distro environment and vim to write code. We've also used the uni's Linux server. We are discouraged from using Visual Studio or anything like that. Is that weird? Why are you acting like that's weird.

>not wanting Ritsuko to be your prof

the fuck

Attached: 108139.jpg (225x350, 44K)

It might just be my experience. Every good professor I’ve had uses/recommends using some sort of Linux distro and Thinkpad. But I can think of 3 of them. One class said to use Netbeans but I aced the class on vim. Nothing is required of us and most of my classmates just end up using W10 + IDE.

Kill yourself Asukafag

Attached: best-girl-dance.gif (200x200, 74K)

My uni is debian-only and professors use debian/ubuntu macOS nothing else.
Nothing wrong there, cs is about science, not making you the perfect code monkey.
Most scientist tools are linux-only anyways.