/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __chariot_black_rock_shooter_drawn_by_m_da_s_tarou__dc84b56570e7e6c4b6b6feeb4d9be4b0.jpg (1197x1803, 2.05M)

atom-chan

nice OP

third for Idol trash on HD600/650/6XX

Reposting in hopes of actual recommendations:

>Budget
$200-500
>Source
LG V30
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Prefer comfortable
>Past headphones
V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless (current)
RHA t20i
V-Moda M100
V-Moda LP2

If my history doesn't tell it, I'm looking for something with strong bass. Currently considering the FiiO FH5 but not decided.

I had edited a feet one but my power surged and I lost my work

Attached: 1510793203860.jpg (399x322, 30K)

I usually wear them with some grey italian wool pants if that makes you feel any better

God I wish that were me

Attached: 1487261998434.jpg (456x402, 30K)

you want to be an anime girl?

Don't we all?

there are people who don't?

Attached: 102314579685478.png (464x293, 138K)

Do you hate me

Attached: Vorkutaugol_free.jpg (2424x1836, 792K)

A little better, rich user.

should have bought an sr-009

Are there any other options that look like these Fostex TE05BK?
I want something that looks like traditional in-ear headphones and not something that goes around the ear like the Shure SE215 because they take a long time to put on.

Attached: Fostex TE05BK.jpg (861x1280, 62K)

I think at that point I'd just get speakers

How much better is a DAC than onboard sound?

THE OLD THREAD HAS NOT DIED!!! POST ANIME HERE:

Attached: 1487666499653.jpg (750x1000, 330K)

javascript:quote('68579030');

According to anti-dac user not at all if you're using an amplifier and have your volume output measured to 2v barring any interference from your mobo

I don't have an amplifier, just straight out of my mobo. It does sound thin as compared to my phone, but I'm not sure if that's just my phone coloring the sound in any way.

Which headphones? Your phone will have a different internal dac/amp unit from your mobo, so things will sound a bit different.

SHP9500s.

Those are pretty low impedance so common sense says they shouldn't be too hard to drive with onboard audio. A different DAC on its own wouldn't change the sound at all and you'd still need an amp if you wanted to make an upgrade though. I haven't owned those so I don't really have recommendations sorry

>it does sound thin
impedance graph of the shp9500, if your phone has high output impedance it will be increasing 100hz making it sound thin on your mobo which could have lower IO. that's the only thing I can think of

Attached: d3e0bf2139505df519c6310b2a37eab3.png (630x489, 34K)

Thanks. Sorry I'm new to a lot of these terms, just sounds like there's little to no low end.

Is there any benefit to unity gain?

I don't think you should spend that much on an IEM there are none worthwhile at that price. Might as well order a $50-$100 IEM
Where are the anime girl headphone feet?
Grrrr

SHP9500 has very weak sub bass, as do many open back dynamics.

BGVP DMG or DM6

final audio

I hate quick delivery entitlement to be honest. Be glad you can order cheap shit from China in the first place instead of bitching about how it arrived a few days later than you expected it to. Oh nooooo, my massively underpriced Chinese headphones with free shipping didn't arrive within three days, my life is ooooover!!

If I had onboard sound and were to buy a an amp I'd simply buy a dac+amp just to be on the safe side that I'm not spending hundreds of bucks on equipment just to be held back by a shitty soundchip.

Thank you, not a lot of people seem to talk about these but everything I can find about them is positive...

Mine is showing up monday

Attached: atom.jpg (600x685, 53K)

What are all the outputs in the back of the dx3 pro used for?

current

Bastards!

Attached: 20150919_190229.jpg (5312x2988, 578K)

Next Tuesday for mine, can't wait.

Attached: 1541971285928.jpg (1280x1861, 1.53M)

Got these for $100 off pretty good deal. Shit looks hella gay with the neckband shit but sound quality is awesome with ldac.

Attached: sony-wi-1000x-two-colors.jpg (2976x1984, 1.18M)

If Schiit started a subscription service, let’s call it ”Brotherhood of Schiit”, that allowed for you to get more info on Schiit’s future projects and current doings, and included a private discussion platform with an option to ask things directly from Jason and Mike themselves, would you be willing to pay a small monthly fee for it?

Attached: 6394879C-5675-4042-85FE-5F6F2A8A5A6D.jpg (600x360, 15K)

but posting on sbaf is already free?

Attached: 1541926094265.jpg (184x184, 13K)

Am I doing this right? it's for an Accuton S280-6-282 driver. transmission line is 12" wide.

Don't see an audiophile thread so I'm asking here.

Attached: 20181118_221052.jpg (1529x2777, 847K)

What is the benefit over the o2?

more power

Opinion on these?
Or any other recommendations around $70?

Attached: 597F2994-54DB-46D0-9E38-935B95711DEC.jpg (450x450, 19K)

I'm ordering an Element from JDSLabs and I need someone to convince me not to get this engraved.

Attached: knob.png (878x875, 175K)

What does this picture mean to you?

The character is cool and all but I've touched the Element's knob before and that's how I feel when I do.

Don't they engrave in black&white? I don't know if that color picture would turn out well or not after it's engraved on there. I'd try to get a better idea of what it would end up looking like before making a decision, if possible.
>I've touched the Element's knob before and that's how I feel when I do.
I printed out pic related and keep it placed on top of my dac+amp, so I know what you mean. It makes music sound that much better.

Attached: today I will listen to them.png (336x336, 7K)

I haven't finished tweaking the image, but they can do shadows and grays somehow.

Attached: ntSbFkp.jpg.png (864x576, 599K)

I see, it's a shame it's not just a completely smooth surface though. I've seen a few engravings before where shadows around the edges of a character in a drawing turned out odd looking though.

Shame that the atom is made of plastic and they aren't offering engravings for it. The custom free engravings are something really unique to jds that they should capitalize on more and try to offer on all of their products.

Do you have any idea how engraving works? It will look like total shit.

I'm not done adjusting the color.

Oh and I just realized that the engraving in that picture you posted was taken from a manga; a picture that was originally black and white.

>dt1990's so heavy and tight on my head they give me headaches
>not even bending the metal a bit helps
>really like the sound but cannot stand wearing them

Bought pic related yesterday.
Lets just say I'm selling my HD800S.

These fuckin things are end-game for me. Waaay better comfort, sound is actually better (better low-end, slightly less soundstage) and it has nicer build (don't have to worry about pushing on a silver drum like with the 800S).

I'd recommend to anyone to try the HD58x and if you find the foam inside the earcup uncomfortable try these instead.
Pair either one with a Dekoni ear pad of your choice, grab an amp/dac from JDS labs or Topping and then just accept that your done. You've got all you'll ever need.

I don't have to come to this fuckin place anymore. I can just enjoy my vidya and anime. I'm free.

Attached: dt1990-pro-.jpg (1160x1160, 99K)

>he doesn't own stax

Attached: 1483918168047.jpg (1025x577, 82K)

I would but I don't want crocks for my head.
If one day they make one without that ugly fuckin crown I'll switch.

Oh damn, the post above mine is someone bitching about them, lol.

Comfort is more subjective than sound preference. I like headphones that sit securely and don't move around on my head. I don't find it uncomfortable, especially with nice custom pads.
I'd recommend to anyone unsure to try different shit and see what works for them.

Okay, that's it.
See ya fuckers.

Anyone a fan of AKG 601? My friend's offering to sell his well looked after pair for cheap, but I already own HD600s which I really fucking like and I don't need another pair of no bass vocal phones.

What are the best sub 50 euro IEMs for cardio?
Want to gift them to my mom when she goes jogging. She only listens to youtube music on her shitty earphones

I like the K601/K612. They're very good, especially for the price, but not really worth owning if you already have the HD600. They're tonal balance is so similar they end of being redundant.

The only reason I could see you getting them is if you don't like the comfort of the HD600 or something. The K601s are VERY light and comfy. Among the most comfortable headphones out there.

Thanks. I kind of liked the idea of having something from AKG before they got gutted but that's more stax bux for me.

I am in the need of some help here frens. Yesterday I bought a Sony NWA45, but I still have no idea what kind of headphones I should buy. Back in the days I tended to hate those in ear dildos, but I didn't want to go full blown princess Leia either. Are earbuds still a thing? Are there any decent at least mid range quality earbuds out there?

Attached: kiti_sw_princess_leia_earmuffs.jpg (650x650, 138K)

appleseed!

nice!

the praise is so high that i can't tell if people are shilling.

how are MIDS???

nevermind screw it reviews say mids recessed

>Budget: $65-$80 (Canadian $)
>location: Mississauga, Ontario
>usb or 3.5 mm jack either is fine
>over ear headphones (not on ear)
>closed headphones
>should be comfortable enough to wear for a while without hurting my head or ears. I know comfort is subjective but usually what other people find comfortable, I do too. Anyhow, I have somewhat small ears and like nice foamy headphones if that helps
>Sound signature: preferably neutral, but i dont mind bass/treble boosted headphones either if it won't affect me too much
>Past headphones:
Corsair void pro (shitty mic adjustment, not very comfortable to me but it was bearable, sound quality was ok.
Corsair hs50 (pretty cheap, great comfort and pretty good sound quality, but it had mic problems so I returned it)
I forgot to mention I need a mic with whatever headphones I'm using.
Can someone recommend me what I should get? Thank you.

Attached: 1540157306017.png (1452x2000, 1.83M)

HELP what do they even do?

As far as I'm aware, there's only RCA out and the gain is still controlled using the front pot. The rest are inputs.

Takstar pro 82. They are compatible with V-Moda Boompro if i'm not mistaken.

tin t2.
pro 82 uses 2.5mm, boom pro is 3.5mm.

>pro 82 uses 2.5mm
Oh well, my mistake, into the trash it goes...

Is there something like this but not >razer? Specifically the retractable mic, I don't think I can live without it at this point.
Mine seems to be fucked, and I don't think buying another one (even though it's v2 now) is a good idea.
Don't tell me to buy a separate mic and headphones, I'm neither an audiophile nor a streamer.

Attached: 71C5j+dyJXL._SL1500_.jpg (962x1162, 257K)

one gayming company put out an headset based on the takstar 82, i cant remember the name, but someone here eventually will if you wait.

>Don't tell me to buy a separate mic and headphones
Lol, no.
Custom One Pro Plus + Vmoda boompro.
You don't have to be an audiophile or streamer to enjoy good shit, and these in particular are consumer friendly.

Well, can you find me a small-ass separate mic that doesn't stick out? Because that's what I want.

>Today I listen to MDR-7506.
>MDR-7506 good.
>Thank you MDR-7506.

It was cooler master. Mh751 or something like that. Looks exactly like the pro 82 so don't confuse it with their old headset with a similar name

How much money you got? A amiron wireless has a mic and is sick. If your room is noisy a Bose qc35 or Sony 1000mx3 are good headphones with mics. You can't see the mics on any of these its just a hole.
What you should really do is just buy a Samson go mic though

If the boompro is too long you could go with zalman zm clip 1 which is a lapel mic. This would actually free you to go with whatever headphones too since it just clips to the cable, but i honestly think it's more practical with the Boompro than having an extra cable hanging along the headphone cable.

>How much money you got?
Under $80 total would be nice. And COPP seems to be way above that, so I think that won't do, actually.
>wireless
Nah.
>If your room is noisy
Not really.
Yeah, I don't want the mic to feel like a separate device. If it just goes into a socket, sure, otherwise I'll take a headset.

i need to talk to my retard wow guild mates and i want good quality audio .. and i dont want to fucking jury rig a after market mic to my headphones, or a shitty on desk mic. budget is 120 euro's what should I get?

Yggadrasil sounds better than anything else on the market. Poorfag cope is everywhere though

you should get lost fucking spbaf

>i need to talk to my retard wow guild mates and i want good quality audio .. and i dont want to fucking jury rig a after market mic to my headphones, or a shitty on desk mic. budget is 120 euro's what should I get?
HyperX Cloud or Cooler Master MH751. And kick to the nuts for being >gamer.

idk what I'm suppose to do with any of them. but can I plug a mic into them?

Attached: DX3 Pro back.jpg (900x900, 37K)

Maybe the Hyperx Cloud will fit your budget, it was a standard suggestion on /hpg/ some time ago (not to be confused with the Cloud II 7.1 shit).

Are there any dac+amps in one format like dx3 pro that have bluetooth, mic input and maybe a cool LCD screen?

You're just a vidya normie whose buying shit headphones, wireless would be a plus for you. Just get the razer

Again, I want a retractable (or just small) mic, not detachable.
>wireless would be a plus for you
I just don't want to have to charge them ever, and want a more reliable connection. Then again, considering that this Kraken ended up with broken cable, you might be right. But no.
>Just get the razer
I just might at this point. But I would rather get something quality, and not have it shit itself again. Which only happened after 5 years, I think, but still.

Fuck, I wish I didn't get these as a gift. Going to have a hard time switching to anything else.

/portapro/

Attached: 20181119_095901.jpg (393x221, 23K)

Does anyone else have this problem where with your IEMs the music does not seem to be centered?

It doesn't seem to be the fit.

Porta No.

just wait the cooler master Mh751 based on the takstar 82 pro with a mic

This doesn't look retractable. But I'll consider it.

Attached: 13_bde7b78bdd2ae659d6eab70bb85f066e_1539601205.jpg (800x468, 16K)

correcting, just BUY them they are already out in the market and sub 100$.

I'm so sorry