Non-cucked open source code of conduct

I'm working on a large, ambitious open source project which I plan to release in the next month. What is a good, non-cucked code of conduct I can adopt? I want to avoid SJW/tranny-esque documents.

Attached: 1541634711528.png (862x767, 636K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html
mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation/
9front.org/coc
lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2016-February/082389.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't need a stupid CoC.

Why's that?

lol you dont need a code of conduct, thinking you need one means (((they))) already won

> religion, politics, and gender politics have nothing to do with this project
> be excellent to each other and party on

try this one

Attached: 1512888206296.gif (730x1198, 84K)

Why do you think you need one

Since good devs aren’t as rare as rare as they used to be, open source projects should have a code of conduct. As a leader/moderator you should explicitly state the rules of conduct so you can fairly tell easily replaceable code monkeys with aspergers to fuck off. Projects aren’t really hurt by removing a handful of people who are annoying as fuck to deal with

Not saying the coc should be some blue hair faggotry, just basic guidelines that illustrate obvious destructive behavior

That's exactly the reason I thought I needed one. I am well aware of the Contributor Covenant, and the mentally ill man who is trying to ruin Linux. This project is my baby, I've been working on it all year. I'm just really defensive of SJW politics creeping into it. I don't want a code of conduct that outright says all of this stuff is stupid (even though I think it is), if there was just some passive way to say it along the lines of that would be excellent. Perhaps what he said is all I need... this is all new to me.

Fucking off yourself, mate.

Open source has been fine for decades without any of that garbage. It's only a meme recently that the literal SJWs are pushing.
Just ignore it.

>party on
Way to encourage rape culture. You know, like 90% of unreported rape crime happens at parties right?

Attached: 1176001941087.gif (383x444, 98K)

Maybe you should make a CoC that is a bit cucked but not too much, that way you might face less resistance. Might be a slippery slope on the other hand.

>90% of unreported rape crime happens at parties
how would you get those numbers if they are unreported?

t. asperger code monkey

Every code of conduct is unenforceable bullshit just there for people to get on their soapbox. It's not going to help you protect your project, people you like and people you hate are going to use it. If you can't handle that open source isn't for you

it's b8 lol

Microsoft's code of coc is pretty good

I just want the minimum amount of bullshit to deal with. Ultimately dude, I want to find some smart passionate people, and we can collaborate together, have fun, and work on a project that a lot of people get benefit from. That's all I want. Maybe I'm just overblowing it in my head, but I'm dreading the day where I get some discord message or email telling me about why I banned some tranny from my project, or some other nonsense. Even though by the nature of this project it will attract a lot of people who aren't into this, it will still have a good amount of 'normies' using it, and getting heat from SJWs can scare them away and hurt my project, right? When they don't get their way, it seems like these people resort to threats, harassment and bullying to get their way. As much as I simply want to tell these people to go fuck themselves, strategically that might be a bad tactic for the long-term viability of this project. Is my logic sound?

Like the people said I'm responding to, that might set a bad precedent.

Serious proposal: I'm going to use this for my upcoming news summary/aggregator project and y'all are free to adopt it as well.
---
The 5-line FREE and Open Source CoC

1. Contributions will be vetted, assessed, and accepted on basis of merit. Contributor's race, gender, sexual orientation, and other biographical information does not need be known, and will never be asked for.
2. Contributions from anonymous users are welcomed. Anyone who feels at risk of discrimination is free to contribute anonymously.
3. Do not post private/offline contact information in project spaces. We cannot prevent harassment if you do so. If harassment happens on a platform, first use that platform's tools to deal with it, then contact that platform's moderators/staff, then contact the project team about it (in that order). If warning and being blocked do not stop an individual from harassing you, we will remove them from the project. Note that criticism and harassment are two worlds apart.
4. We do not care about your IRL political views or your offline pursuits, but if you bring bad press to this project, expect to get cut like a tumor. Use common sense. If you're a nazi, don't put your real name on this project and then go out and spout shit under said real name.
5. You're free to leave this project and be a part of a different project if you feel that the liberties afforded to you by this CoC aren't oppressive enough for your liking.

Release it as shared-source. People are allowed to read the source and propose modifications but you reserve the right to prevent somebody else from distributing derivative works of it.
Otherwise you can appoint yourself dictator for life of your project, but people can always fork it and make a more popular version of it that has SJW policies.

I definitely think you're on the right track with this, and I may use some of this. You probably shouldn't explicitly use nazi's as an example though.

SQLite for sure sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html

You don't need one. If someone is annoying you be an adult and tell them to stop bieng annoying. A CoC will distract from your project and attract troublesome people who care more about activism than your project.

The idea behind this is that we're all firm on harassment and discrimination being bad things but at the same time, a person running an open source project in his/her spare time has better things to do than deal with people's interpersonal bullshit. This CoC really drives home that people can prevent harassment/discrimination by just contributing code, keeping their identity out of it, and dealing with things according to the platofrm's policies instead of trying to make new polices per project (i.e. report users to github when they're harassing you, not some poor guy who own the github repo and can't do anything about it)

Yeah, painting a picture in which I explicitly accept Nazi participation and say "as long as you're not connecting your nazi stuff with the project" probably isn't the best idea. I'll work that example out of it before I use that CoC.

not 2deep4me

>and getting heat from SJWs can scare them away and hurt my project, right? When they don't get their way, it seems like these people resort to threats, harassment and bullying to get their way
Having a non cucked CoC won't change that.
Just look at the sqlite thing, or even Linux which had the "Code of Conflict" and they were pressured into adopting a SJW CoC just as if they had nothing.
Plus if you ever want to get a job in the industry and ever said "No" to a trannie, forget about it.
It's either being blacklisted from Silicon Valley and sticking to your principles, or cucking out for VC money and jobs. You gotta make a choice.

I don't get what you're worried about at all. Here's how it plays out. Somebody cries you aren't being inclusive enough. You say fuck off. They fork it and make a pozzed version that quickly dies because they lose interest in maintaining it. This is how open source has always worked

Cucked.
"bad press" just invites sjw's to brigade you. There is zero reason nazi's should not be allowed to contribute. Free software means freedom.

>implying the whole point of a CoC isn't trannies injecting their politics, drama and attention whoring into the core of open source projects
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Open Source and Free Software shit
>"muh SJWs"
You realize Richard Stallman is openly a literal communist, right? You're coming into a very leftist space and bitching about leftists being there.

Also, get back to your containment board, Jow Forums.

Attached: effen gommies.jpg (1070x770, 503K)

>people can always fork it and make a more popular version of it that has SJW policies
There's literally nothing wrong with this. Their fork will only win if it's better

>sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html
>mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation/

You should not use the word nazi directly, as there are many ways to skin this cat with nazi being just one.

I'm going to seriously consider this as a possibility, thanks for bringing it up.

I think I'm mostly likely going to do. My entire rules page will just say in 1-3 sentences "Act like an adult."

I'd rather stick to my principles. I want this to be the first of many projects I work on and release. Even though it may cut off some opportunities, I think it's valuable to build a front against this garbage. Hopefully it will make others see the example I'll set and follow suit.

I think you're right, user. Maybe that's how I need to see this.

That seems like pretty flawed logic. I'm actively choosing to make this free so it has a greater reach. I can't elaborate on the project until it releases, but the tech is a disruptive tool to use against the very lefties you're talking about.

>Contributor's race, gender, sexual orientation, and other biographical information does not need be known, and will never be asked for.

I don't know if this is the best CoC in today's climate, but this is pretty much my philosophy.

code of conduct is for contributing, project owners can absolutely enforce who can contribute

>Free software means freedom.

freedom to do whatever you want with the software. It isn't freedom to stay associated with the project and it isn't freedom to derail the project with bullshit. Project owners are free to remove you from the project and you are free to fuck off and fork it

I was thinking about the version that autistic twink made where we tried to ban ICE from using his JS library desu

They can make it 10% better and it'll still be better than the original, yet is it fair that they get away with the glory when OP put 91% of the effort into creating the product?

His contributions wouldn't be erased and he'd still be credited

sjw won't come after you if you just because you don't explicitly follow their principles. Your code of conduct can focus entirely on basic ethical/professional principles that most people find agreeable and you can call it a day.

very basic shit that we all can agree on

- code will be checked for correctness/readability/efficiency
- no violence/harassment
- no breaking the law
- no lewd lolis
- no things that can reasonably without doubt be considered unethical

specifically forbid gender biology denialism. Contributors must be referred to by their real gender

Why the fuck would I make a CoC that prohibits lewd lolis or unethical shit? Why does that shit have any place in a code of conduct?

look man. we all love lewd lolis here, but the times are changing and lewds in open source projects aren't as productive as they used to be

It illustrates the absurdity of CoC's

9front.org/coc

Here's how you bargain with sjws: you don't. They are NEVER happy. Just silently ban them, never even acknowledge them.

Yeah but the SJWs would be able to associate politics with the project, inject spyware into the software, ask for and get all the donations, shit up the codebase and add bugs along with the new features, and his name would be associated with all that.

Have it be all the laws of the Old Testament about killing faggots, trannies, adulterers, etc.

Attached: tech priest.png (749x1200, 1.65M)

Just use the rule of st. benedict like sqlite did.

>my entire rules page
EXACTLY. Sane projects don't have any sjw coc nonsense. They have rules. Don't get duped otherwise.

>large, ambitious open source project
This sounds like bait/OP-will-not-deliver, but:

If you are actually serious, the FreeRadius mailinglist policy is pretty good:

> This list is for technical discussions about FreeRADIUS. People should be helpful. Name-calling and cursing are not allowed. Conduct should be goal-oriented, and that goal should be getting FreeRADIUS to do something.

read the whole email here
lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2016-February/082389.html

Thanks, I'll check it out.

B==> is the only true answer.

Article 1
Fuck sjws
Article 2
Embrace meritocracy
Article 3
Dont be an asshole just because
Article 4
Your feelings are not my problem
End.

This

>Projects aren’t really hurt by removing a handful of people who won't swear fealty to The Cause when I demand it of them or post things I don't like on Twitter

Not what I was saying at all.. I’m advocating for a code of conduct equivalent to any professional work environment. A good code of conduct only really asks that you keep things safe for work and on topic, none of that other bs

Maybe stop crying about shit and actually read the post

>A good code of conduct only really asks that you keep things safe for work and on topic
fag

double fag

Nigger

double nigger

CoC is just a consequence of being surrounded by unmannered spoiled swine (mostly burgers). And then it was hijacked for political reasons.

>What's 2+2? and no don't tell me 4.

1. Be nice to each other
2. If you aren't a major contributor you can't enforce any sort of your own bullshit policies, rules or CoCs. If you try to do that you will be permanently banned from the project.

Well that answer was not only racist and transphobic, it is also extremely sexist.

muh religion of piss

"discussions involving anything but the project itself are forbidden"

Just make a CoC where you are REQUIRED to banter with each other, should keep the snowflakes away.