What projects can I do to actually learn data structures? And by learn I mean in a practical way...

What projects can I do to actually learn data structures? And by learn I mean in a practical way, not just doing bullshit exercises or meaninglessly doing them by hand so some dickward in a coding interview will think I'm hot shit.

Attached: 1541884666557.jpg (1080x1352, 1.34M)

Install Gentoo

Write a LISP interpreter in C and you'll learn plenty.

Curiosity bump

which in particular would i learn?

linked lists, trees, and hashmaps for starters, probably tagged unions too

I was kind of shitposting, but I wrote a (bad) lisp interpreter in Rust before. Sexprs are retardedly easy to implement.

Try rendering a scrolling video game level that has tens of thousands of objects and you'll have to learn some data structures pretty quickly to make that run well

I'll look into that
How long would something like that take?

30 minutes if you know what you're doing, could be weeks if you don't

Doing them by hand and learning how to analyze runtime/space complexity of their various functions is actually a pretty solid way to understand them

Probably the quickest way to learn as well

What do you need to learn about them? Is the concept of an array, linked list, hash map and binary tree confusing for you? Most of this stuff will already be implemented for you and you just use them.

>30 minutes if you've done it before and memorised everything
k den

Not sure what you're trying to imply with that, the real world isn't about memorizing answers to questions

She's probably implying that it's not possible in 30 minutes from scratch

It is, but if you don't know about data structures it might take you a long time, which is why it's a learning exercise

You can make a really basic Expert system. When I had Data Structures class my final project was an Expert system that evaluated both sphere and cylinder measurements of left and right eye, to evaluate if the person had myopia, astigmatism or hyperopia. My dad is an optometrist and he stores all of his data in an Excel file, so I had thousands of measurements to process and it was kinda accurate.

You have to really dominate binary trees, hash functions and linked lists. I had to use n-ary trees for my project because we covered it.

That's cool

came here to post this

who dis

I'd let her structure my data if you know what i mean.

I don't care about your gay post. Who is she?

name and set??

who dis cunny peddler

based

Bump

Nina Demont. You guys may call phoneposters scum, but with clover I can image search with like 5 engines

Attached: Screenshot_20181121-120306_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 1.39M)

>pre loved clothes

thanks for giving me yet another reason to hate roasties

whore enablers aka men hold 50% of the blame

And stick it up your butt

make a notepad in c

I'm not OP, but your answer is sexy as fuck.
>fapped/10

Attached: 1542348166714.jpg (501x1142, 192K)

so can Jow Forums-x, nerd