Apple music or spotify

apple music or spotify

Attached: 1542050747446.png (720x128, 9K)

>Streaming services
Imagine being this much of a shit-eater.

Attached: 1374577061478.png (303x323, 119K)

Airsonic/Funkwhale/mpd

Spotify, being able to control it with my phone is useful and the desktop app is much better than iTunes even on Mac.

/mu/fag here. I recently switched from digitally archiving music to streaming with Spotify. I can use it on most of my devices (Linux machine, Android, PS4), which saves the inconvenience and expense of a media server. When it comes to the selection of music, I have about 250GiB of 320 kbps mp3 files and was able to find at least 95% of my library on it. I'm never really without an internet connection either these days, but I do have the choice of downloading music if I wanted to.

Imagine taking pride in living under a rock.

deezer + smdownloader + transcode to Opus

>paying for music
>paying

It's very affordable, how fucking poor must you be?

Google Play Music if you can't get a student discount
Otherwise Apple Music is better in basically every way
Spotify is the worst streaming service and only has users because it got in early
Trips confirm

>got trips
>is totally wrong
Faggot

>streaming from your own hardware when you could use someone else's

both windows 95 and windows 98 start with "windows 9"

>Otherwise Apple Music is better in basically every way
Anything I'm missing here? I tried Apple Music for 6 months and everything is basically worse than Spotify besides music quality/volume.

UI is kinda shitty but tag editing + being able to upload your own files for shit it's missing

All my stuff is in flac anyway so being able to upload stuff it's missing was never useful to me. UI is terribad and reminds me how awfully slow iTunes is.

Spotify unless you have an Apple device as your primary and want Siri or legitimize your music library.

Otherwise, Spotify has the technology lead by far.

FOSS solution to Deezloadr?

Google play music

imagine taking pride in being too lazy to find your own music

Another displaced /mu/tant here. Basically same story. There's still some stuff I can only get through slsk but besides that, spotify on highest quality settings just werks.

Don't be a nigger, nigger.

Seedbox with plex is 17€/mo. for streaming movies and music to all devices to your heart's content.

Just pay for streaming services at that point baka

>streaming instead of supporting your favorite artists directly
Shit taste AND actually killing the music.

But when I stop paying for the seedbox I can download the files and have them forever. Once you stop paying for Spotify you lose access to the music.

Bittorrent.

> SMLoadr: 1401kbps
> Spotify: 320kbps

Keep paying retards.

what's the difference on smdownloader and deezloader? can it also download the .lrc file?

Spotify beats the pants of apple. Better bit rates. 30 day offline synch of 500 songs.

I use Spotify personally because I don't want anything to do with the Apple ecosystem.

Piracy

orpheus, if they don't have it I go to SMLoadr

Google play music

botnet4lyfe

I can and have. By all means continue to get the same results as me but with more time and energy spent on your part.

Newpipe

You need to keep buying more space for more data.
Hard drives are susceptible to damage and breaking.
Certain data is susceptible to decay.

>I live in an echochamber so everybody else must as well
Pls don't project this much.

>Newpipe
Uses way too much data even in the "sound only" mode. Though it does have the best selection out there.

I'll probably try deezer again.

enjoy 128kbps music videos

smloadr will supply a .lrc file if it finds the lyrics

SMloader

Is it confirmed safe?

Yes. Just make sure you download the software from GitHub or the official telegram channel. If you're really worried about it being safe or not, you shouldn't be trying to illegally download music anyways.

>unironically browsing /mu/
>unironically admiting to browse /mu/

Attached: 1531704995512.jpg (720x910, 110K)

Both are fine. I prefer Spotify as they have an actually good suggestion algorithm and are truly cross-platform without anal binding to Apple software.
>look how many gigabytes of placebo i have!
embarrassing

>niggas ACTUALLY pay money every month for the privelege of temporarily being able to stream music/tv shows
lmao at you pathetic consumer drones

>gigabytes of placebo
this
Honestly man the notion that kbps matters above 200 for listening is just so retarded that implying 1401kbps is a good thing makes it seem the user you were replying to is just being retarded on purpose

>actually paying money for internet and electricity instead of hooking into your neighbor's wifi and mains
>actually paying money for water instead drinking from and washing in public fountains
>actually paying money for sewerage and trash pickup instead of going to nearby fastfood
>actually paying money for clothes and food instead of pretending to be homeless and taking advantage of local shelters and charities
>actually paying money for technology instead of stealing from nearby college dorm rooms
>actually paying for music
REDDIT GET THE FUCK OUT

nice strawman retard
this might be a reasonable comparison if you could just walk down the block and there was a group of guys there giving away electricity for free
why are consumer whores so desperate to suck on the ass of their corporate overlords

>he streams his music off YouTube

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (500x375, 27K)

>Being a massive autist that amasses 250GB of music
>shits on others of for refusing to pay for music

>g-g-get with the times! eat shit like I do! it costs more so it's better! shit is convenient, see, it's everywhere!
No thanks, fags. I'll stick to my flac collection and my iPod Video with Rockbox.

Attached: Boomer9.png (1258x2560, 1.83M)

>lol you download music for free and keep it on your computer? dumb grampa its not 1980 anymore
>me? I rent my music

Attached: 1534516019536.gif (478x350, 84K)

>steals
>teehee it was given away for free
I unironically hope they'll start cracking down on human refuse like you.

I like Spotify. Large library, pretty convenient.

its not theft, nothing was taken away from the record company

A sale was taken away.

no it wasnt

Yes, it was, bubbale. You are stealing, there's no valid way to rationalize it away.

>pay money to not own music and be limited to one shitty audio player
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Sales are a privilege, not a right. Nobody is obliged to buy your crap.

>mmmmm yes please schlomo spotifynberg, give me more shit to eat
>oh whats that mister netflixtein? you have even more for me? oy vey what a pleasure
>mmmm who else can I give my money away to that was delicious