What super lightweight Linux distro could I install on my 15 year old pc...

What super lightweight Linux distro could I install on my 15 year old pc? I want to make it usable again for very simple tasks such as writing o web browsing

Attached: penguingun-600x600.jpg (600x600, 40K)

debian netinst without desktop environment

lite ubuntu

bunsen labs m8

Lubuntu works on my 12 year old laptop with a dual core pentium and 2GB of RAM and it also worked on 512MB of RAM but you'd likely run out of memory.

You should post specs. You're probably not going to do much modern web browsing unless you use links browser.

No use Linux puppy its incredible

Windows 98

Web browsing doesn't qualify as very simple task anymore

>runs everything as root
>incredible
Why even bother using Linux at that point?

hello faggot

gentoo

arch but they dropped 32 bit so if you're ok with that unofficial fork
otherwise xubuntu

Linux is for trannies.

if you can forego a gui, termux+emacs can do just about everything. I would probably use arch or void, of if compatibility issues arose then debian

I used Debian with xfce and it runs fine on ten year old hardware

Alpine

NetBSD and OpenBSD might work. Here are a bunch of tiny linuxes I've never used:

WebConverger
Porteus - regular and kiosk
Tiny core Linux
BusyBox
Slitaz
Puppy Linux
Nano Linux

Slackware Linuxes newest version is 14.2
It has 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

32 bit version WILL INSTALL in all PC computers made during the years 2003 - 2011.

There is a slight chance it may not work on all systems newer than 2011. Definitely there will be lots of troubles if you use UEFI instead of ancient BIOS. But the ancient BIOS part is least of your problems if you use machine made in 2003. So I say with 99% certainty: Slackware 14.2 will work.

Just DON'T use GUI. If you must do so, then install IceWM or something. Make sure you have 128MB RAM for GUI. If there is no GUI, you can get away with 64MB RAM.

Use ext2 for HDD as it is significantly lower on resources than ext4, this is deal breaker in machine made in 2003 but would have no effect on more modern computers which barely notice the ext2 vs ext4 differences in strain of resources

windows 7/vista

XP if you do not plan to run internet on it

It already has vista and runs like shit

>adduser
>enter username and password
>su - newuser
>enter password
omg, that was so hard!

If it's literally web browsing just go with chromiumOS.

puppy linux

I recently installed Debian netinst with LXDE on an old laptop with x86 Celeron M and 2 GB of ram. Works like a charm.

Void GNU/Linux or alpine linux
Without a desktop environment/window manager.

Use groff, markdown + pandoc or LaTeX for documents. (With vim)

And use w3m for web browsing.

hey druaga smokers here