This is why the UK and Europe will remain a technological backwater forever

This is why the UK and Europe will remain a technological backwater forever.

Attached: fugging gommies.png (785x901, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_paper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
theverge.com/2018/11/20/18104640/google-apple-uber-mapping-data-share-uk-open-data-institute
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>UK
>EU
amerifarts are retarded

>EU
EU != Europe

He wrote Europe retard.
Jewropean Union=/= European continent.
Kill yourself pls.

>corporations must share mapping data
thanks based UK, soon we will enforce free software only in EU and US will cucked forever

UK doen't belong to the EU

It still does.

then why did you write "UK and Europe" you literal fucking brainlet

How is this bad? More accurate mapping data for everyone.

Also the post should just be "Europe". The UK is in the EU for now, but Europe is a continent. Unless the UK drifts into the Atlantic (which it won't because it's one Europe's tectonic plate) the UK is in Europe.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.
Google cannot be killed at this point, so we might as well force them to do some good.
Giving them fines and taking away their monopoly is a good thing for everyone.

hopefully 4channel will purge americmutts

>then why did you write "UK and Europe" you literal fucking brainlet
I did not.

>spend millions and tons of time collecting data and developing maps
>oi m8 that shit ain't fair, you should give it to us for free!
they're not a monopoly on mapping data, there's OSM which is free
>but OSM a shit!
well fucking improve it then, it's fucking open
just because you can't be assed to improve your own or a freely-available map, doesn't mean you're entitled to everyone else's
i'd love google to drop their data into OSM for sure, but it's retarded to think they should be legally forced to do so

>it's retarded to think they should be legally forced to do so
Nobody thinks that though. It's a report by freetard non-profit that simply states sharing map data might increase overall innovation.

what is the sauce of that article btw?

not him but this is why everyone hates freetards and commies.
literally gibs me dat, ooga booga. fuck off lol

Why not? At one point, we aren't talking about hard working middle class self employed people anymore. Google is literally a multi million world class business with hundreds of ceos in the pipeline that is more akin to a floating free state. Of fucking course proper governments need to protect the marked to split that shit up before they saturate the local markets with outside forces. Local businesses simply can't afford 0,3% margins and never will. That is true for everyone, even america. Do you want a google only workforce in the future? That's how you make your government irrelevant.

>preventing monopolies is bad
t.brainlet

The title "Google, Apple and Uber" proves that it is not a monopoly. Also there are also smaller players like MapBox in the market.

>well fucking improve it then
why do freetards always think they’re entitled to other people’s labor when they can’t build a good product

lol OP is butthurt

(((Goolag))) BTFO!!!

>enforce free software
This doesn't mean what you hope it means
Here is a simple example
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_paper
Chinks invented paper, but because everything was state owned and you couldn't keep information private, nobody really tried to do anything with it, as there was no profit to be had. Thus, this invention wasn't used until Europeans with their free-er markets got to using paper, at which point it blew the fuck up
This is also a case with
>gunpowder
>printing
>compasses
>artillery
And so many other inventions that to list them all would make me run out of characters
You can read about them here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
>tldr
Without a motivation, usually money, even if the material and knowledge exist, nothing moves forward

>preventing monopolies
Good luck making your startup succeed when the only thing it may have that bigger players don't, is forced to become public
Or do you think this current situation is the only one going on?
Monopolies and oligopolies NEVER lose out when a new law is passed, if some do it's because some bigger monopoly wins out

theverge.com/2018/11/20/18104640/google-apple-uber-mapping-data-share-uk-open-data-institute

then it's even wronger. UK is part of Europe

>being a corporate bootlicker

lmao
americans have no idea how bad they have it
I would never move to the shithole that is the US
your cities are crime ridden hellholes everyone moves out of

See, I'm a european too, and I agree any bureaucratic hell in the EU is better than NY, Cali or whatever, but what's wrong with living in a state like Montana?
It's like a dreamland for me

>everything was state owned
>you couldn't keep information private
>nobody really tried to do anything with it
>this invention wasn't used until Europeans
What the fuck are you even on, retard? Paper was used extensively in China and later rest of Asia. Literally everything in your post is wrong, you humongous FUD-spreading cretin.

>what's wrong with living in a rural shithole
Nothing and you can do that anywhere. Invest in Eastern Poland today.

>eastern poland
I would but I can't speak Polish nor have the time to learn it, nevermind a rural accent of it

Isn't that exactly what OpenStreetMap is for?

US admittedly does have some beautiful places when it comes to nature
But there's plenty of beautiful rural places in Europe as well.

What country are you from?

In fact, OpenStreetMap started as a British project. Which makes it even more ironic.

Greece (fucking kill me desu)

>imagine being a brainwashed corporate cuck who places the profits of a faceless multi-billion dollar company above his own benefits

Greece is very beautiful though.

Attached: 0f2a1c8b-eea9-4432-89e1-260e7a3b2ed0.jpg?crop=0,0,1324,745&ext=.jpg&width=600.jpg (600x338, 84K)

>imagine being a retarded useless commie who thinks he's entitled to use the fruits of others' labor for free
Go eat some foot gunk.

EVERY single piece of "mapping data" owned by anybody on the planet was paid by fucking TAX PAYERS, so any disgusting kike merchant trying to claim it as their own should be hung, drawn, and quartered.

Europe extends to the Urals. Now that you're demonstrably retarded, please do us all the favour of throwing yourself out your window until death overcomes you.

that's what happens when your brain exclusively runs on Jow Forums memes

Human by its nature is communist, the evil corrupted one is the evil capitalist.

>civilization is evil
The US shouldn't have stopped the Europeans from genociding each other

Collectivism has nothing to do with communism, retard. Humans are collectivists by nature like most animals, we used to live in tribes and trade shit for shit not so long ago.

>human by nature is communist
Even the communists disagree

>these stupid fucking children still being tricked by "muh communism"
Humans, by nature, are NOT "communist", as anyone that has ever had to teach a child how to share can attest to on any given day.

Grow the fuck up.

>civilization has always been capitalist

>Humans are collectivists by nature
Nope.

We are individuals, by nature, forced into conducting collective tasks by our weak biology for a better shot at survival. That's why we have to teach and instill discipline and teamwork in the military.

You children really are clueless. Your indoctrination camps taught you well.

>civilization has always been capitalist
Humans have been.

Do you think the "tribe" gave men spears and spear points? FUCK no. Do you think the "tribe" made the leather clothing? FUCK no. They did it themselves because the "tribe" would have TOLD them to make their own fucking shit and quit expecting the "tribe" to do what they're too fucking lazy to accomplish.

Moron.

Pretty much. Most Americans here just like the idea of growing, untouched enterprise

>We are individuals, by nature, forced into conducting collective tasks by our weak biology for a better shot at survival.
You just described collectivism, congrats. Individualism and collectivism can live together, you know, they aren't opposites.

It still does, but it won't in a few months

>Nope
>proceeds to say humans are collectivist
Amazing

You just described a tyrannical dictatorship, congrats. Because when you steal other peoples property and dictate how others will run their lives, and with what, you haven't formed a "collective", you've formed a slave society.

You really are a brainwashed child, aren't you? You have zero actual life experience to still be clinging to that childish bullshit. I bet you don't even have a drivers license, do you champ?

>another brainwashed child
Amazing
See:

Does share mean everyone will get access, or only the companies competing with google?
Would be pretty cool. Even though there are a already some open mapping projects.

You don't know the meaning of collectivism and just proved you are retarded. I'm 100% sure you are a Jow Forumstard.

Attached: 1531845184058.jpg (1890x1630, 153K)

>gets btfo
>b-but that's not what it means!
Were done here, child.

UK is a current member of the EU and a future vassal state of the EU. What's the problem?

Attached: 1536801721922.gif (820x802, 71K)

Attached: 1527754831119.png (817x443, 34K)

>implying it'll actually happen
Don't be silly user. It's a shit show. If it passes in March I'll print out this entire thread and eat it with ketchup on camera.

The country does not belong to google. Neither do the maps. Instead of just blocking google from doing their own mapping, they are allowed to but only if everyone profits.
Only an idiot would think this is bad.

The map is not a country you fucking retard. It's at best an artistic recreation of the geography

>2018
>Burgers still parrot retarded shit about muh gommunism

It is a map you complete cunt. It maps where people live. No one has the right to market the description to where I live without giving it to the public. It has shit nothing to do with art.

At no point in OP's 13-word sentence did he imply that the UK is in Europe, you terminally braindead insect. That's why he wrote "UK *and* Europe" instead of just 'Europe'.
Do your country a favor and chug battery acid.

>No one has the right to market the description to where I live without giving it to the public
Well it's a good thing nobody is discussing that, considering your country's postal service has the same information.

Attached: StrawMan.jpg (600x450, 85K)

da faq are u talkin about? they used paper excessively all throughout chinas history

This is great, dummie.

OP why not just say 'Europe'? Additionally mentioning the UK is redundant.

Yes, in fact he implied that the UK is not in Europe, which is rather curious.

It's better because you can choose to use certain company to show others how rich and better you are because you earn minimum wage.
That's why Apple Maps are so fucking good. Wrong turn and crashed your car? So fucking what? You're not poor, are you?

>companies monopolize mapping data
wtf am I reading? do they think that if you try to map a street that is already in google maps that it says
>you need a license to map this street, you wouldn't download a lane would you, you dirty pirate

I'm out so I could only screencap on mobile. When I come home I'll do it on PC. When it happens I will post the screencap in every Jow Forums thread I visit until you post a video of you eating the thread.

Eurofags actually getting defensive over defining what exactly their shithole consists of lmfao

You are advocating that the world's data be locked up by a handful of companies, and hidden from public use? Potentially only accessed through paywalls? Nice thinking shit stain.

ye they are massively dumb and pass laws for their friends its fucking disgusting at this point.
For example Spain has an institution SGAE that goes around little shops and makes them pay for offering radio or background music to the clients supposedly they do it so the authors and musicians get extra moneys but i reality they just distribute it to a small circle of friends artists and deal done.
Then we have extremely strong syndicates that prefer to not have a work rather than working for less so regions like Andalusia (Spain) end up being even more pour and no big corporation wants to invest in a shithole where mobs of people raid supermarkets and steal everything while claiming that those products are theirs anyways.
Every time i visit a site i have to click a small box because the EU decided to pass a stupid cookie law that does absolutely nothing.
We have public Tv controlled by the government guess whats the theme all day at news time.... feminism, like 15mins of feminism, womin this womin that, every single fucking day 15mins dedicated to the women... tax paid ofc.
the list of shit governments push is infinite and only brings more stagnation and less competition we are no logner competitive and when it comes to consumer products Chinese markets rocks, all is produced there well most of it besides those expensive meme le German quality dishwashers...

Why don't you start your own mapping service that surveys your country at a similar detail and offer the data for free to everyone? What's that? It's not financially viable?
Alright, then petition your oh-so-competent government to run a free mapping service. Surely, elected bureaucrats can do just as good a job as people driven by monetary incentives, right?

Attached: w62V2TOJZONBgWVg9sRSJORfMINeWVL8iiGzp4vtzlQ.jpg (1184x1600, 237K)

>>>/retardpol/

I'm a fucking brainlet. Realised now I didn't mention

Yes!! omg we are individuals like we are all one human race fuck culture its racist and exclusionary omg only nazis are tribalists fuck them kumbaya my lord kumbaya

Gtfo if you can't see how this is a bad thing

Attached: 1524872745571.jpg (500x500, 34K)

This is just a comment from some unknown group that no one cares about

Attached: _90076860_thinkstockphotos-526561176.jpg (624x351, 19K)

>>spend millions and tons of time collecting data and developing maps
illegally