The year is 2025

The year is 2025.

How are we programming and deploying software seven years from now?

Attached: 29534658-6d866982-86bf-11e7-853e-835d783f05af.png (2856x1826, 529K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=3177123.3158140
dlang.org/
github.com/Microsoft/vscode-cpptools/issues/1522
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

With snaps/appimages/flatpaks.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-22 01-39-48.png (3840x2105, 411K)

is that atom? that looks really good how it displays the info. worth switching from sublime?

Certainly not using vscode

Server-side? apt or tgz

Client-side? Tap with your fat finger the big shiny button in the App Store (tm) (c) (r) on your shitty chinkware phablet.

Attached: 1536411717648.png (500x498, 96K)

Is that D? I thought Rust and Modern C++ had killed it.

>""Modern"" C++
Thanks for the chuckle, user. Have you got a working module proof of concept yet? Or do you still write header files?

>ocaml has become massively popular because of facebook/bloomberg's reason, changes to the runtime facilitating smp and implicit modules
>more people are comfortable writing hosted languages
>elixir is increasingly popular

>more and more unique calculus systems are in the mainstream, pink is something people actually know about and writing an interpreter is even easier than describing some yacc grammar
>some plt features are facilitated using a os microkernel server approach (garbage collection provided by kernel server)

TypeScript > ReasonML

lmao have you even got an int type yet

>more and more unique calculus systems are in the mainstream, pink is something people actually know about and writing an interpreter is even easier than describing some yacc grammar

What is pink?

comes from dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=3177123.3158140 (maybe it'd be better to say "whatever comes next")
>solves 12 captchas

We're not

Attached: 7C918693-E86C-421C-A975-F58CA5FF8F91.jpg (900x789, 254K)

>look at my future of the world where a cosmic event ruins all technology and these programmers who were living comfortable white collar lives are forced to fight for food scraps

Docker container built this (or last) year that works for a bit but reaches the container disk limit after a while.

Instead of fixing the actual problem, restarting the container "fixes" the problem so no one actually looks into it.

probably more mainstream containerisation/zones and more configuration dsls too?

Why did you feel the need to narrate this comic?

Realistically VM snapshots of the unpaid interns computer who was working on the codebase (this would be a legacy version of Python 2 of course).

i wish this would happen, we need a reset

just doesn't seem very realistic.

dystopian future: hits production as is

It’s Visual Studio Code

Use vscodium, it's free unlike the binaries you get from microsoft.
Also, I hate Visual Studio Code. Whenever I move a file around or rename it in Finder it doesn't recognize the changes in Visual Studio Code, however, every other native app understands this. I hate electron based shit.

Kekd

Attached: fixed.jpg (246x265, 29K)

We don't. Our bosses use Google MindCode to just imagine their software, get asked some automated questions on how to treat some corner cases, then some neural network computes shit for 12 hours and then spits out a mystery black box binary that nobody could possibly understand that also isn't too efficient, but that's scalable and does the desired task.

ReasonML is like F# while TypeScript is like C#. I prefer F# over C# but workflow for F# sucks on Linux.

D killed Rust.

Rust killed D

maybe if you read it to yourself you'd see how ridiculous it is. if such event would occur we could predict it with technology. then again, it would be cool to go back to primal state. then there would be nothing holding me back to go nuts.

Other than it being shilled here and used by people at Mozilla, I don't see Rust used anywhere. Well, maybe that's because I'm not big on open source software. Regardless, enterprises use D instead of C++ for new projects if they need speed.

based and redpilled

Don't worry. It's not being used anywhere except by Dropbox, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, some game studios nobody's ever heard of, etc. etc.

Well, D is used by these guys. And me.

Attached: Untitled.png (1329x153, 46K)

accurate for mac users

Based and redpilled

>just doesn't seem very realistic
You say this based on what? Do you even know how electromagnetism work or are you just a webdev ignorant monkey?
Really? Technology is far from perfect and still has centuries of improvement ahead at least, otherwise we would have teleporters and would be colonizing planets in other galaxies.
Even if you could predict it, what the fuck does make you think we could do anything to stop it? Are you just guessing or do you actually work at NASA and are an expert in this matters? Idiot.

Attached: 1523400451005.jpg (419x249, 66K)

>Even if you could predict it, what the fuck does make you think we could do anything to stop it?
Assuming there's some kind of electromagnetic storm, you could cover important stuff with electromagnetic shielding. I'm not familiar with any other phenomena that could destroy electronics.
>Are you just guessing or do you actually work at NASA and are an expert in this matters? Idiot.
And you're the expert? You're just speculating. Everyone can do that.

hand written haskell delivered via mail

>you could cover important stuff with electromagnetic shielding
Perhaps, or perhaps it is something bigger than what a shield we can manufacture could handle.
How would you even cover everything anyway? At best you could shield some important particular places but most of the world could be affected for years by the residual effects of the electromagnetic storm.
>And you're the expert? You're just speculating.
I didn't say I was, but I didn't imply I was sure of anything like you claimed it was "ridiculous" to even imagine there is something our technology (which is quite primitive in many ways) could not stop, as if we were a super advanced society technologically speaking, we are barely starting and were lucky a super asteroid didn't blow us to pieces so far.

He said deploying not installing.

Attached: 1438114215690.jpg (600x922, 211K)

i'm not a webdev monkey and i say this uninformed about everything but the idea that a cosmic storm would destroy all tech and programmers would overwhelmingly become beggars just won't happen realistically. programmers are often smart and smart people adapt and the idea that a solar flare would wreck all technology isn't something likely either.
>angsty faggot replies to thread about "how" are we programming with some prediction that we won't because he can't make any predictions of his own/wants to see that happen

What vscode theme/syntax color is that, looks dope.

In the future we will be written code once in whatever programming language is comfortable for you and translating it for multiple binaries automatically. We'll be developing on one machine and be able to scale to all machines made in the last 10 years without effort. We will have SAAS that plug into each other so seamlessly they may as well be one service, and we'll be creating software at a record number.

>in the future k framework is known by people

>java has killed c
>even more trannies join
>pol is thrice as annoying
>the bar for higher paying jobs is raised because of floods of diversity hires
>fortran makes a comeback

Attached: steve_I_mean_alice.png (3640x2140, 1.45M)

>programming
JVM languages, .NET Core languages, JS languages, Python 3 Perl 6, Go, Haskell, C, assembly, Rust (C++ and Win32 will be effectively dead)
>delivering
Containers and sandboxes everywhere. The usual suspects for kernels and OS components, Docker for server stuff, Flatpaks for Linux desktop applications, Mac and mobile much the same as today.

Webshit will finally get proper deployable platforms for distributed systems, so the future looks like Lambda or Azure Functions or Kubeless, backed by distributed elastic databases.

Mostly coding in C, Java and whatever meme languages are popular that year delivered on some new system that is like 3 abstraction layers above docker.

>perhaps it is something bigger than what a shield we can manufacture could handle
Like what?
>I didn't imply I was sure of anything like you claimed it was "ridiculous" to even imagine there is something our technology (which is quite primitive in many ways) could not stop
Then why are you saying stupid shit you're not sure about? Some cosmic event that would destroy electronics specifically is religion levels of ridiculous unless you have facts to prove otherwise. Current technology is primitive compared to what? Space alien ray guns?

>Flatpaks for Linux applications.
AppImage has been kicking Flatpaks ass and now that IBM owns Redhat doubt its gonna be able to overthrow AppImage, Given it still has benefits over AppImage it's really unlikely it's going to become a norm.

Vim+CVS, as was always intended

EVERYTHING is javascript. Game engines, terminals, hardware drivers, you name it.
You code in a text editor with raytracing features to "enable the experience of multiple ui layers interacting with the real world light of your surroundings using your webcam" effectively making it look like a shitty 70s LCD.
Every class, variable and function gets their own docker like wrapper service called wRapist.
You spend 30% of your time setting up these containers and 59% working around compatibility issues of wRapist.
Your boss decides that he's a menstruating female today and is therefore allowed to abuse you mentally and physically unless you suck his dick.

this one
t. time traveler

>you could cover important stuff with electromagnetic shielding
With 8h of warning time?

>How are we programming and deploying software seven years from now?

You send a tarball to Steve in email.

>How are we programming
"We" aren't
Only brown people are allowed to do that now

The major compiler vendors (MSVC and Clang already had distinct and competing visions of modules) have agreed on a unified design and will be standardized in C++20.

D looks so nice, what do people use it for?

The only people who use D are those so entrenched in C++ that they can't bear to use anything different, except they don't actually use C++ for anything useful so they prefer syntax sugar to lacking a GC.

Everything worth being developed will already have been developed and you code monkey faggots will be NEETs again.

One tap to the App Store™
Phones need 32 GB of RAM and hexacore ARM CPU's to keep up with the newest layer of JS bloat, simple websites are now running on 15 different modules and need 500 MB of space.
PC's are designated gaming machines only, 128 GB RAM combined with Intel's 10 nm++++++++ and a GTX 4080 Ti let's you play Call of Duty: Recycled Warfare 4 with raytracing in 8K at 24 fps

Yeah. I bet stuff that's important for government is protected from get go. It's a matter of stacking up on tinfoil, dude.

font?

IBM Plex Mono

dlang.org/

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-23 Home - D Programming Language.png (1646x2035, 213K)

It probably will be safer and faster than what we got today, because by 2022, those meme languages and meme cloud will cause a digital apocalypse, where even half motivated ruskies will be able to completely anihilate data centers with a combination of SQL injection and a visual basic gui.

>And I'm MEAN to them haha hows this turned around for you KYLE stop making fun of me!

I don't know how it could get any worse.
Desktop applications are fucking Software as a Service web browser based node.js monstrosities and nudevs are afraid of arbitrary memory access.

The one thing that prevents me from switching to vscode is this: github.com/Microsoft/vscode-cpptools/issues/1522
It's the only feature from visual studio that I really need other than the debugger. Even vim has clang_complete which does this.