Why the hate?

Why the hate?

Attached: i3-tiling-window-manager.jpg (560x397, 20K)

Just a bunch of floatfag whining.

TWMlets are the bronies of Linux

i've literally never found a use for tiling anything beyond two windows side by side
tabbed mode is fucking godly though

Attached: 1541520364747.jpg (960x688, 36K)

>they have weird taste but ultimately leave everyone alone because they actually enjoy their thing for itself
Heh.

because terminal multiplexers are a thing
i3 is bloat and gay
i3-gaps is fucking retarded

What do you use?

i did
Emacs, terminal, compiler, output, and sometimes another Emacs window, windows dont get in your way when working

I just use virtual desktops mostly with one full screen window on each, some with two side by side. Dual monitors. Why would I mess about with ricefag shit?

Because it's the Archlinux of window managers. Simplistic to the point of being feature-starved, poorly suited for anything but hobbyist use and wildly attractive to underage autists lusting for that virtual c00lh4xx0r status they think reading mans and ricing their dedicated anime chinkpad entitles them to.

t. awesome

What does awesome do that i3 doesn't?

The retarded controls and window decor create situations where you can't tell what a keybind will actually do.

Any other tiling paradigm > floating > i3

Easy keybinds.
I can move shit around my desktop with key presses I perform as quickly as I type, whereas everything on a floating window manager takes ages because it involves dragging shit around with the mouse, that I have to move my right hand to. Floating WMs often include some of the same keybinds present on a tiling WM, but they're always nowhere near as feature rich.
The keyboard-based nature of tiling window managers also ties in very well with commandline software or GUI software with good keybinds, the second being a rarity indeed, but the first being common in the mixed GUI/commandline world of unix.

Often times tiling WMs are many orders of magnitude lighter than floating WMs while being easier to use and having more features, which basically means there's not even a reason to use a floating WM.

Attached: 1542815447-031060776_scrot.png (1920x1080, 239K)

it's just a binary tree bro

idk, I've been using since 2016 and I love it

Because reddit uses it. Jow Forums is filled with a bunch of nutcases who will go to the point of inconveniencing themselves so that they don't do "normalfag reddit shit".

Now see some based manlet leave an angry reply to this post.

>situations where you can't tell what a keybind will actually do.
What's your IQ?

>uses i3
>audacious enough to question someone's IQ

So it seems awesome uses a number of fixed layouts while i3 lets you do everything dynamically. Haven't tried awesome but I really think I'd prefer the i3 way.

Only reddit uses i3
True Jow Forumsentoomen use awesome
cuz we're awesome xD

wrong
only Jow Forums-approved window managers are dwm and bspwm

>bspwm
Double that.

>Want to change something? COMPILE IT AGAIN! xD
Truly the thinking man's choice

Na sosach, bydlo.

>retard can't even get correct info
about what you'd expect from a "dynamic" i3 user

You don't need to recompile bspwm

dwm/awesome has a master/slave setup which is much more simple to use. I feels like a clunky mess after you've used it.

it's literally One dwm Guy