"The physical cookie"

>In the future, facial-recognition technology could also be used for marketing, helping stores track customers in real life the way online retailers track them with cookies. There’s no evidence that this is happening so far, but Weidmann, the consultant, said that he’s already seeing companies merge their security and marketing divisions. On a project with Home Depot last year, for instance, he helped the marketing team use security footage to track customers through stores and figure out what products they were browsing. “Nobody had ever thought about linking the two,” he said. “I was able to get a much wider lens.” He believes that Amazon is leading the way for all major retailers, brick-and-mortar shops included. “They’re all in a panic,” he said. “How do we bring relevance back to our brick-and-mortar?” Facial recognition, he said, along with location tracking on smartphones, could make the “physical cookie” possible.
>nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/retailers-are-using-facial-recognition-technology-too.html

Are you ready to be even more invisibly tracked irl user?

Attached: 19-lowes-facial-recognition.w700.h700.2x.jpg (616x616, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cvdazzle.com/
killyourphone.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So is the answer to stop all contact with electronic devices, wear a mask in public, and be a weird mountain hermit? Because they'd still just log you in the store's records as 'weird mountain hermit' and still try to market bullshit to you.

Because I'm between mountain hermit and just not caring about one of the largest privacy and human rights issues literally nobody is bothering to do anything to protect.

Attached: e2a.jpg (720x405, 16K)

Just stop going outside senpai.

Move to the UK and wear a burka.

The key is to LARP as a cyberpunk autismo.
cvdazzle.com/

Also this.

I refuse to shop anywhere that does this shit. If every store does it, I'll just start taking more drastic actions because I'm not about to let this 1984 hellhole we're living in go any further. Uncle Ted was right.

Mountain hermit here Onky downside is the internet is shit mainly the speed

This is how you lose customers

>implying normalfags care
They all get the "loyalty card" for $3 off every purchase which just happens to track everything they buy.

It would be morally justified to kill anybody associated with such an operation.

The best you can do is hide, but as long as it works (and it does) and normies don't care (and they don't) it's the future, plain and simple.

And they defend that shit. They look at you stupid if you DONT use the loyalty card.

If the facial recognition should be out of order one day, there'll be people DEMANDING to be tracked so they can get their loyalty bonus.

>implying i havent already

Jow Forums is a site of peace, user.

Attached: 1432705594844.jpg (533x388, 21K)

>physical cookie
where were you when we went full circle

Attached: 160212_em_cookieday.jpg (2100x1440, 448K)

When facial tracking becomes a thing, people will start wearing surgeon masks.

Attached: non27610_big.jpg (300x341, 28K)

I'm ancap and I agree

Kek

there's a hat called a "justice cap" which has leds on the rim and registers as a flash on any camera, just wear that (pic related)

Attached: Justice-Cap.jpg (620x445, 56K)

I think you meant to say 4channel

I think I'm ok with this

only works for a few years until the hardware/software gets sophisticated enough to recognize you directly or by elimination

AI identifies you solely on your body shape and gait. Elon Musk's LEO satellite constellation + Google's pervasive mapping drones track you via photos and LIDAR even in your NEET-Shack.

20 drones per day fly in front of your NEET-Shack with virtual billboards for "rural chic" apparel, anus cream and high end "enthusiast" axes. If you shoot one down you'll be charged $10,000 which you can work off in an amazon labor camp after five years.

Death is the only escape.

that's called a cellphone, and it's been in the tubes since 2000

Then you're actually a fascist minarchist.

Attached: 7CCA5B683CEE4B409DD4E9800EA7BC09.jpg (1100x543, 91K)

Thanks user
I've heard about it a few times, but never found someone who sells them
Do you know where I can buy it?

Im not sure if you're joking or not but I'd like to hear why
Also pic related

The hability track what you buy from multiple physical stores and creating a profile based on that near impossible with JUST a smartphone you dumbass
You can track someone's physical location but unless they somehow register their purchase, either voluntarily or automatically in some sort of online database, its almost impossible to do what the article cites

Attached: Screenshot_20180903-150726.jpg (1079x1690, 742K)

>Amazon labour camp
I just imagine a warehouse full of people in those cages. Amazon's penal warehouses.

I like this idea

As much as I hate to say it, I can totally see there being a "clique" in the future of people who are pro-privacy and do this kind of thing to avoid being added to a database. And I hate to say it even more, but if every department store had facial detection or ads like in Minority Report that see your face and call out your name, I would dress like an idiot to avoid being accurately tracked.

you niggermonkey
triangulation is enough to corelate your purchasing acts within a given radius.
they even use wifi hotspots to follow you in big stores
learn to tech or lurk more

I’ve stopped carrying my cellphone with me, I just keep it at home as a landline. Anyone else do the same?

Already a thing in far-eastern countries

I get to wear an opt out badge so they won't profile me, right?

Attached: 11-17-FTbotsman__03.jpg (810x540, 88K)

One more excuse not to have children.

First mandatory chips in Europe(?) And now this.

One of us. One of us. One of us.
I'll be frank, I hate it too, but awsthetically pleasing fashion doesn't offer the tactical advantages dressing like an autistic cybergoth faggot does.

My left pocket is a dead zone, so I can safely keep my dumbphone there.
killyourphone.com/