AMD Prices Intel Out of The Game

>youtube.com/watch?v=8yyCMCChGt8
What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?
To answer that question objectively, they:
>are having trouble getting their 10 nm process to work
>in the meantime, they are apparently not releasing any architectural upgrades; not sure why, but likely because they were planning to use those architectures on the new process and are cockblocked until they get it to work
>in the absence of competent competition for around a decade, they've grown complacent to some extent
>they're already making all the money they can even handle, to the extent of not even being able to produce all the silicon their customers demand

Krzanich happened.

He's gone now

Incel pentiu

Good. Expect a comeback in 5 years.

because typically people buy cheaper stuff because it's cheaper.

amd isn't better than intel for gaming, which is what the majority of the custom pc market is, if you want a cheap ryzen cpu for compiling shit sure it makes sense, but if you still want the best for gaming you'll typically buy intel.

the only objection are europeons who get a holocaust tax for intel and amd is a much cheaper option, it still doesn't eliminate the fact that intel is overall dominating the higher end market. the reason amd is doing so well is historically people buy i5s or midrange cpus to match with their higher end graphics cards.

i5s are being btfo by amd right now because they're cheaper, have more cores, better temps and are more energy efficient. the average linus tech tips viewer and Jow Forums consumerist is 16-25 anyway so they probably don't make very much money so a cheaper option is more attractive to them.

Or maybe it's just that Intel products have zero value, just like dirt.

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

>amd cpus are $50 cheaper than intel
>amd boards are $150 more expensive

nice try. The biggest problem with intel cpus isn't the price it's that they're so popular they're never in stock

then why do older intel cpus have higher single core benchmarks than anything new amd has put out?

>"j-just wait for that 7nm"
yup so amd can be somewhere between kabylake and coffeelake. it's nice to see intel have some competition but r/ayymd are fooling themselves if they think intel will fall behind in the higher end market. ryzen 7 was never meant for gaming and amd isn't even trying to match the i7s

Had my board since gen 1 and didnt pay but $70 for it. Are you telling me Intel is so desperate they are actually paying people to take their boards?

Yeah how will AMD ever catch up with those titanic 0% IPC increases kabylake and and coffee lake brought, truly they are finished

Really though the gaming edge is only relevant past 90 fps and most people use 60 Hz monitors or higher resolutions at which point you're much more likely to hit a gpu bottleneck.

Attached: 1522404210930.jpg (973x1000, 125K)

>t. ryzen 3 user
a poor faggots i3 board probably costs $50, yeah

What do you mean it'll bottleneck? Isn't bottlenecking only when you CAN'T output the FPS of your monitor

>What the fuck happened? Why can't Intel compete?
they don't need to, AMD wasn't competitive for about 8 years until 2017 when ryzen happened. AMD could literally be handing out memezen CPUs for free and Intel will still be selling thanks to brand recognition.
8 Years from now? if intel stays behind R+D wise, they're absolutely out of the game, but for now they're good delivering literal joke CPUs as long as performance stays in the competitive range when compared to AMD. They already lost the "fastest CPU" zone, being forced to add the "gaming" adjetive in order to sell that 9900k literal housefire, and it worked so well for them they almost doubled the price.
Yea, intel is alright for now. If AMD survived so long delivering literal shit before Ryzen, intel can survive for many years being number 2.

No, the problem is that Intel's fabs are too garbage to keep up with the demand and the yields are shit because of their garbage fabs so for every Intel cpu sold Ryzen sells 5 times more cpus because of accelerated technology with advanced transistor efficiency and intelligent wafers.

So basically for every indian that buys an Intel CPU after staying on core2duo for 12 years 5 other people from first world countries buy Ryzen.

Attached: 1541426773691.png (1800x850, 225K)

intel got too confident, while amd was preparing new tech, that seems to be fairly future-proof - at least for now.
complacency is a bitch.

Whoops, wrong image, but that kind of works too.

Attached: 1541545928415.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

Intel is bulldozer tier even in servers now.

>yup so amd can be somewhere between kabylake and coffeelake
Will incel shills ever get tired of lying? Zen+ us within 5% of Coffee Lake in IPC in non memory sensitive workloads, and within 15% of Coffee Lake in overall performance at ~15% lower clocks.

Zen2 is slated to simultaneously increase clocks, increase IPC, and decrease memory latency. With only a 15% overall performance gap to close, surpassing Coffee Lake is an extremely safe bet barring an absolutely colossal fuckup.

Attached: untitled-12.png (682x908, 52K)

Diversity. Intel is the USA's most Just company. This si what dividing the focus of an organization does.

Attached: 1539107572471.png (698x396, 34K)

>if they think intel will fall behind in the higher end market.
amd killed hedt market with threadripper. Intel can't compete there.

Attached: 550.png (845x557, 368K)

>when your amd shill folder is just too full

>when you're an indian with a core2duo shilling for intel to get enough rupees to upgrade to 8600k

>India
>8600K
More like 8100.

I'm ashamed to be a Romanian even more now, pajeets and gypsy shitskins are brainwashed by Intel. Intel always appeals so shithole countries more.

Attached: 1540489405904.png (1325x934, 359K)

consumer grade like the ryzen 7 and i7 series. only aspies buy those server-tier processors.

that's not high end market. that's just main stream.

notice the cucked german shilling amd. wouldn't be surprised if he works for them. i'd like for half of these amd shills to post their speccy half the time they're on some shitty laptop that uses an intel cpu btw.

i'm 95% certain half of the amd shills are just amd employees looking to pawn their cpus off on poorfags and underages on Jow Forums

Fucking wow, 2600 is three times cheaper than 8700k? Who the fuck buys 8700!!!

>amd cpus are $50 cheaper than intel
>amd boards are $150 more expensive
The only time this is true is when you're talking about the cheapest AMD CPU on the HEDT x399 platform (Threadripper 1920X) vs the most expensive Intel CPU on the mainstream z370/z390 platform (i9 9900k)

Go apples-to-apples and you'll find AMD motherboards priced either competitively or even lower, depending on your needs (such as overclocking being available on the mid-tier AM4 boards vs on upper-tier Coffee Lake boards)

Germans tend to only buy quality products with sensible pricing. It's also because of poor relations between israel and Germany Germans just don't want to buy jewish products.

how can anyone in Romania afford intel? from when I visited it seemed like only prostitutes and camgirls had money.

it's simple. higher end cpus like the ryzen 7 and i7 are closer priced when you factor in ram.

even the midrange prices like a ryzen 5 vs an i5 come to the intel bundle being about $50 more expensive, at least here in the united states. idk why people act like there's such a gap. then again you'd be retarded to buy an i5 over a ryzen 5 cpu right now.

is that why they allow the jews to control their country with an egalitarian agenda?

also
>china
>quality
heh

they have a 300BN trade surplus so they're doing something right.

>mfw kids still fall for Advanced Micro Dick's Assripper meme

Attached: abe-tiresome.jpg (250x376, 26K)

>germans tend to only buy quality products
confirmed never having owned a BMW or Mercedes

>chevy
>GM
>ford
yikes

>honda
>toyota
even
>kia

asian cars are clearly the best

Pajeentel please.

>that one retarded intel shitter faggot who defends his jewish satanic overlords

Attached: 1537419972674.png (1037x311, 340K)

How's that chiller going?

AMDfags like to say this, but even the most powerful 5gz bulldozer of it's day was before by older Intel cpus, and the 5/5.1ghz i9 is actually way more powerful than what and has.

I'd like to see the hardware used on each build for that graph.

>yikes
Not a truck lover?

>8 Years from now? if intel stays behind R+D wise, they're absolutely out of the game
And we already know they ensured that wouldn't happen when they hired Jim Keller.

>buying new hardware
You literally could go to Ebay right now and get a 4790k, a good Z97 board and 16GB of DDR3 RAM for like $300.

Compare that to Ryzen where even with a 2600 being $150, would come to roughly about $400-$450 with a decent board and 3200 DDR4 memory.

You'll get similar results in terms of stock. The 4790k will overclock much better and also be cooler. So much for a budget option.

all five of them are shit, japan is the only country that makes good cars

>5/5.1ghz i9 is actually way more powerful than what and has.
>7% by being a full ghz faster
>way more powerful
>7%
>way more powerful

Attached: 034766b4941fb5743e3b1ddf33d6a1f34840632c940ba4a7bd30ff0e44e19a43.png (556x644, 431K)

Does the 4790k even have a cooler?

A 1700, but yeah, I'm not willing to spend money for the sake of saying I spent it.

How to rip Intel a new asshole.

>4 cores
Corelets will never learn because they are too busy playing BFV with their gay pals.

>comparing old used vs new generation hardware
>ironically it's still probably as good as a current gen Intel platform

16gb of 3000mhz ddr4 is about 100$, a regular old B450 board is another 60-100$
A ryzen 2600 system would be more like 350$, and has a decent stock cooler
While you would need to buy a cooler for a 4790k if the used bundle you get doesn't have one already

Lads my 3570k is getting old should I get a 1600 or 2600? The 1600 is $30 cheaper

>The 4790k will overclock much better
stop peddling this lie, those cpus have TIM issues and barely clock past boost

literally a simple google search can btfo any ayymd shill. the devils canyon cpus were great and super overclockable and temps were not an issue.

>because typically people buy cheaper stuff because it's cheaper.

This simply isn't true. Intel has record sales figures and AMD's market share has continued to crater for months in a row.

AMD doesn't have money for shills. You on the other hand clearly get paid by Intel.

yeah i'm shilling for intel after i admitted that ryzen 5 blows the i5 the fuck out. spit any truth towards r/amd and they instantly think you're some team blue shill

>yeah i'm shilling for intel after i admitted that ryzen 5 blows the i5 the fuck out. spit any truth towards r/amd and they instantly think you're some team blue shill
Nothing of that sort was said in your comment, shill

>are having trouble getting their 10 nm process to work
Because the'yre trying to implement COAG and Cobalt-liners at the same time, they taken too much on their plate

>in the meantime, they are apparently not releasing any architectural upgrades; not sure why, but likely because they were planning to use those architectures on the new process and are cockblocked until they get it to work.
It's cheaper to remove a few protections here and there and said you made it faster, people don't care.

>they're already making all the money they can even handle, to the extent of not even being able to produce all the silicon their customers demand.
This, people say their fabs are overburdened like it's a bad thing, they're literally moving so much product that they afford to hike the prices due to poor supply.

Attached: 1542061245740.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>buying LGA1150 when AM4 will be supported for years to come

Yeah, smart move.

I see people saying this. Who the fuck is going to buy a CPU every other year? I don't upgrade my PC more than every 5 years.

why everyone made the same video?
are they a cartel?

pajeet and his lies.
my b450 mobo is $55.
so intel will give $100 for their mobos?
how do i get one?

Ryzen was supposed to be the "catch up". Now we are already in the "just wait for the next gen" mode back that we all know and love from AMD fanboys.

Just let that sink in AMD is currently STILL struggling to completely BTFO a ~4 year old architecture.

>not having to upgrade your CPU every year is a bad thing

I guess it's because the whole "BLUE GUY = EXPENSIVE = BAD :((" won't work anymore when people realize that you only have to buy an intel CPU every 6 years or so. AMD on the other hand.. people were already switching from zen to zen+ (after 1 year!) and will most likely switch to zen2 aswell. That's 3 CPU upgrades in a span of 3 years, that's gotta be expensive.

A socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear.

I do it all the time. I then repurpose or resell the old one. I plan to use my 1700x for another a server build when Zen 2 is released.

Someone is always upgrading to new generation, that is not the point. Point is that if you wish to change your CPU generation on AMD all you need to do is get a new CPU while on the blue side you need to get CPU/MB

Because unlike Intel who release a new socket every 7 minutes, having a consistent socket allows you to upgrade and sell the only CPU since you're not replacing everything.

When you can sell your last processor for about 60% of its price easily, you can upgrade every year to the newest Zen for about $80-$100, hardly a bad cost proposition to keep having the top option.

Meanwhile every year it'll cost you a new mobo as well with Intel.

>that is not the point
It is. Because this decides whether it's a big deal or just another "BLUE GUY = BAD" type of argument.

Even the biggest shills (linked in OP) admitted that the AMD CPU they've used for editiong already showed signs of age so they had to switch to a threadripper ($900 CPU) just to be able to work.

Ryzen already caught up, the just wait part is for intel to get obliterated and unable to compete if it wasn't for marketing.

Oh you're one of those dumb shit Americans who fell for the truck meme. Yeah bro load up that F450 with another $800 in gas to drive to and from your desk job.

i literally have that build and you are retarded if you think that ryzen 2600 will have similar results. Unless all you do is play AAA titles with a dual gtx 1080ti ryzen will perform better at everything, and if its a budget build your fucking gpu will 100% be the bottleneck.

If AMD shills complain about Linus being on Intel's payroll this guy is obviously on AMD's checkbook

AMDrones forget that it took them 10 years just to catch up to current and maxed out Intel Core architecture.

BFV is unplayable on quad cores lol.

Or go to aliexpress, get a xeon E5-1650 v2, huanan x79 board and 16GB of ddr3 ecc ram for less than $300.

You will beat ryzen for much cheaper and absolutely destroy an old i5.

Attached: 1650.png (1388x781, 1.13M)

>tfw can't find similar ram for dual mode
>it's probably will cost a lot like ddr4 ram

Attached: YIpIbbbVPnM.jpg (406x410, 51K)

I'm planning on getting an i7-7700k is it any good? That's the best thing I can get for my motherboard, or should I change the mothermoard and get something better? Help me out guys,thanks

Intel is still playing catch up since 2017. And fail again and again.

Attached: 1541896477601.png (586x578, 49K)

>youtube consumer tech channels

This image is bullshit the intel cpu has a ridiculous overclock and ryzen is at stock speeds this isnt a fair comparison.

This guy is on amd's payroll

Attached: 1539714671002.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

>the only objection are europeons who get a holocaust tax for intel
top jej, this 100%

>Or maybe it's just that Intel products have zero value, just like dirt.
>just like dirt
Daily reminder that Silicon Dioxide, the main ingredient in sand dirt, is used for making die wafers, and is also used on the circuit boards.

揮 金 如 土

Nice try LinusShillTips

Attached: 1541043086769.png (1599x793, 1.32M)

>Ryzen at 3725MHz
Kys retarded faggot.

I would rather pay attention to Steve desu, but it does seem like AMD has an advantage now in workstation builds and budget builds.

>you only have to buy an intel CPU every 6 years
Still on phenom from 2008 and i don't plan on upgrading until it dies.

Companies have certain duties and obligations towards society.
Intel is busy fulfilling those duties and is in a stronger state than ever. Not everything has to be about competition and money. If anything the current mindset of AMD is that of sociopathethic losers.

pretty dumb argument. I know people who went 7700k>8700k>9900k

Imagine defending your favourite CPU manufacturer in an internet argument. Imagine actually having a favourite CPU manufacturer

Attached: 1504904207563.jpg (700x504, 46K)

>Just let that sink in AMD is currently STILL struggling to completely BTFO a ~4 year old architecture.
A 6950x was $1,700 in Q2 2016 and is BTFO in every way by a $310 2700x. For any workload outside of high refresh rate gaming and niche highly single threaded applications, AMD is already better.

Zen2 will just address the two things that have been holding Zen+ back in single threaded applications, clocks and memory latency, while also meaningfully increasing IPC. People are excited because Zen2 looks to be a pretty significant across the board uplift in performance and extremely likely to end up better than Coffee Lake at every single workload. Meanwhile, Intel can no longer add any more cores or clocks on 14nm+++++++ so the 9900k will be the effective ceiling on their mainstream socket performance until they develop a new architecture and a node shrink, which isn't happening before 2021.

Ryzen didn't catch up, but they're within 10% now when comparing clock-for-clock performance.

Meanwhile, Intel hasn't had a single increase in clock-for-clock since Haswell (srsly).

Source: Passmark stats

Attached: perclockperformance.png (1655x1235, 704K)