.cxx > .cc > .c++ > .cpp

.cxx > .cc > .c++ > .cpp
>change my mind

Attached: change my mind.jpg (482x361, 79K)

i prefer .cplusplus

>he doesn't use .seeplusplus

>tfw .ceeplusplus and .ceeplusplusheader
Still here? Have a sneak preview of the new
>.ceeplusplusmodule

all of your files are c.++

.c >>>

yea cool but can ur language do this?
nigge.rs

dot see cross cross
dot see see
dot see plus plus
dot see pee pee

for me it's .seapeepea

Yes, that is the correct order. I like you, user.

But which is the best header file extension?

you don't need an extension in c++

>.sepples
>.shouldbeamodule
>.module

You don't need one but you should use one if you're planning to use any half decent editor.

OP here, I still use .h but not sure if I should switch to .hxx, what do you think?

I personally mix .cxx with .h as you won't be mixing it with C-only headers anyway, and also because I like 'h' for header, not header-plus-plus. Just makes more sense to my brain.

(cont) I think what's more important than that is consistency in your project though, stick to one extension for source files and headers.

The only sane options for C++ filenames are .cpp and .hpp. Everything else is either boomer tier or skiddie contrarian tier.

cc and hh are pretty good desu

Oops, seems you made a little mistake there!
Don't worry, we can fix that up for you!
It seems you mistyped p when you meant to type x! But don't thank me, I'm just doing my job.

Reminder that .cpp was started because of Microsoft not being able to use + in their filenames.

.cp

true patricians use .C

.sepples

I like .hpp because it distinguishes it from a standard C header, and I like to keep C and C++ apart. If I intend to make a header that can be included from both C and C++, then I make it a .h file.

I like:
>.cpp
>.hpp
>.inl
for C:
>.c
>.h

you're done for, fucko

Attached: fbi kitty.jpg (960x720, 263K)

>anything other than C
might as well use .cuck

Which fucks things up if your project uses both C and C++ files.

.cpp is the preffered extension as per the guidelines

Attached: 10190011.jpg (720x540, 94K)

Visual Studio automatically names my source files *.cpp so I keep them that way!

based and redpilled

Only if you are using a dogshit OS

>using capital letters in a *nix enviroment

.cs >

>microshaft java
DELET

.h .c
.hpp .cpp .tpp

>.c++

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

>not .seepeepee

I perfer .fagglang

.hpp for self-contained template headers and .h for headers that have a corresponding .cpp implementation file.

Wrong. .C > .cxx, .cc, .c++, .cpp

I also always used .h for C++. But note that for example C++ only libraries like Boost use .hpp.
That is, .h suggest that this is C header to be used in C++ program, since you can use C libraries like that. But .hpp header suggest that it cannot be used with C and also the library is C++ only. C headers have often guarding blocks that tells the compiler that those function have to be called in C way.
You should use .hpp therefore.

Oh, and KDE has consistent icons .cpp and .hpp so files look nice in explorer.

.hpp > *

.c+=

>open a C pre-processor file
>agdually is aduld amerigan C++ code
>fug