Education never ends. What have you learned in last 7 days?

Education never ends. What have you learned in last 7 days?

Attached: IMG_0165.jpg (768x1024, 39K)

Learning algebra and calc :)

Attached: 1540472881896.png (397x382, 199K)

Will start:
Thanks to increasing plan9 shilling I've kicked myself into learning how Factotum and secstore works. Noticed the pak.c file and started learning about PAKE (Password Authenticated Key Exchange). Method (and specific protocols) to authenticate with password (and derive shared secret) using diffie hellman and hash function such as server never knows the password (but has hashed+salted pwd) and client never knows the salt.
Allegedly this thing will be in WPA3.

How JIT compilation works with memory pages. Although haven't implemented functioning JIT compiler myself yet. Terry claims it's the simpler way of compilation and has(had, RIP) dynamic loading without having linker.

Funnily, all I use is that third thing: discrete math.

Attached: 1532849585865.png (1080x1301, 1.45M)

I'm not that far yet. Gotta learn this before I can even start computer science courses.

Attached: IMG_0060.jpg (620x653, 49K)

Discrete is the best shit. I'm cryptography dropout going CS (worst decision in my life desu), we started discrete in first semester, had galois fields algebra immediately, followed by graphs, group theory and whatnot. Learned more discrete math that year than whole 3 years of CS. At least that was worth it.

>worst decision in my life desu
to specify: not staying in crypto and going CS. didn't mean taking crypto in the first place

about safety wiring on airplanes. This prevents bolts from loosening.

Attached: dqecA.jpg (1079x578, 201K)

That when quantifying photons in a double slit experiment the particles behave as though they can "predict" when the scientists are going to measure and when they're not.

That there are some theories to suggest with quantum tunnelling we can state that nothing is absolute and that anything really is possible, just very unlikely.

Finally I learned about some material densities and tensile strengths in recycled wood and metal-based materials, though couldn't find anything in regards to kinetic energy transfers. (how well the material would be suited for musical instruments)

Going to keep binging quantum physics videos for toddlers, very interesting stuff to say the least.

Attached: 1486847180_apustus.jpg (1000x800, 53K)

I learned more than I care to know about capitalizing vs expensing and all kinds of procurement bullshit rules and how hard it is to just fucking buy something that isn't even very expensive. I got assigned to manage a project and I am not having much fun with it.

>Terry claims it's the simpler way of compilation and has(had, RIP) dynamic loading without having linker.
only from a conceptual pov

started lua, so far looks like javascript minus what makes javascript bad

I'll check it out! I've been self learning from Khan academy and books primarily.

Attached: DigBwb8VQAAtmOs.jpg (630x630, 55K)

>implementing SMNP
>SS7 stack
>OpenSS7 uses obsolete T1/E1 cards
>using Eagle to make a board
>a sitting congressman is okay with nuking his own country just to take away ar15 rifles

I learned that I want to lean 68k assembly

a few chinese words and a little bit of electrical engineering

malwarebytes blocks your own domain if you have something set up to sync ip to domain

Learning hard Node and JS in regular, shit is everywhere, i just cant keep ignoring it.

is it still in real world use?

Learned enough about browser events to decide that JS frameworks like React & Angular are inarguably bloatware.

I'm a PhD student in mathematics so I probably learnt more in the last 7 days than you faggots have learnt in your lives.

most likely no. I just want to make an intro or even a demo on the genesis or ST

Like how you're supposed to salt the fries at McDonald's correctly?

I can learn the same exact shit you are learning in your uni, egotistical fool.

Prove me fucking wrong.

Attached: 12_-_the_mystical_king_cobra_and_coffee_forests.jpg (1080x808, 1.12M)

>thinks its a competition
nice bait, you insecure fag

Continuing my languages studies. Progressing well, and I've started to get Japanese grammar structure down pat.

How are you learning them? I never paid attention during highschool math (which has bitten me in the ass), and I'm trying to learn now, but I don't really know where to start.

Honestly I started from first grade maths on Khan academy and moved up to calc 1.

That I can Indian code even on hardware level.

I learned that a 40 year old with an IQ a standard deviation or more below mine can't be trained to my level, and that I also can't understand what goes on in his mind unless I am so drunk I am near dead.

How to draw a cube. Lines aren't perfectly straight for now, but right perspective is there.

I've been learning more communitive algebra, hoping to start on proper algebraic geometry soon.

That with the ability to get a windows pc to boot from a repair disc i can get access to the original installations registery and fudge it so I can get administrator access in a cmd terminal straight from the login screen using the ease of access button. Crazy shit.

calculating the amount of armature in concrete
dimensioning horns for the roof
and some shit about water supply pipes

That wombats shit out cubical pellets. The only animal that can literally shit bricks.

Luajit shits all over v8.

I'm starting Clojure hoping it will change the way I think about programming as all the shills keep claiming.
I'm going to give it a fair chance but just the fact that despite learning an esoteric language it still uses nil all over the place, I'm having a hard time staying motivated.

Some uses of using in C++.

I've become a master in legal requirements related to some stupid, arcane bullshit we do at work.

Attached: kms.jpg (1000x791, 246K)

Elixir

I learned that you can still set the providername attribute in the settings.json version of an app.config file.

blinking 2 leds!!

Attached: 201810251.webm (640x427, 702K)

Any books recommendations?