Best windows IDE for C?

Best windows IDE for C?
I've just been using notepad++ so far.

Attached: [Commie] Teekyuu - 39 [11B495FE].mkv_snapshot_00.22_[2015.07.23_03.01.19].png (1280x720, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

atom.io/packages/autocomplete-clang
code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/cpp
pellesc.de/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

scite

vim

vim is garbage on windows

I can recommend Atom, it allows for a lot more customization and has a bunch of quality of life features that makes Notepad++ seem obsolete. It's super powerful if you take the time to learn it. You can also try SublimeText, that one's alright too, and a better alternative than Notepad++

best text editor:visual studio code
best IDE:depends,visual studio is the most supported and most feature-full but are not going to use 70% of those features anyway so id say use codeblocks because its faster and smaller.

last time I checked Atom had no auto completion for C and c++
using code::blocks now

I am a windows loather, and I mean that as a whole, OS, productivity suites, company politics... everything. But when I have work on windows to do I do it using visual studio.

There's a package you can install: autocomplete-clang.

Documentation:atom.io/packages/autocomplete-clang

VSCode is by far the best, it's a lightweight editor unlike the bloat that is VS but the official C/C++ plugin gives it godlike autocompletion. It also works on any compiler of your choice, very easy to configure.

code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/cpp
>but user, microsoft-
vscode is free, open source and cross-platform.

Attached: cpp-hero.png (866x404, 35K)

OP said IDE not text editor.

nano
anything else is bloat
also windows is bloat

what compiler do you use? you might consider visual studio if you're on windows. alternatively, code::blocks.

but notepad++ is also not an ide
so people assumed he meant text editors

The current GOAT setup on Windows is Visual Studio for building and debugging, and Visual Studio Code as an editor.

The question explicitly states IDE.

are you a machine?

I'm a human.

pellesc.de/
Pelles C

You're welcome.

You must be fun at parties user

>CTRL + F
>no CLion
Jow Forums is dead.
Memes aside, CLion is god tier if you have enough RAM. You can easily activate it using one of the many cracked license servers.

BASIERT UND ROTPILLENZT

Attached: screen5.png (1024x728, 138K)

Install gentoo

notepad++ is not an IDE
what language are you working with?
visual studio, eclipse cdt, and clion are good choices for the c/c++ family of languages as well as c# if you only use the former
intellij and eclipse are good for poo lang
pycharms good for python
if you only need a text editor just use whatever is comfy, everybody has their own preferences and people who argue that editors are "objectively better" than another are retarded. it's like saying my chair is better than your chair, even though your old piece of shit chair might suit your needs way better than something new. there's the zoomer editors like atom/sublime/vscode/etc. but you can also stick with the classics like emacs/vim/joe/etc. at the end of the day they're all useful to some extent regardless of what people say

Attached: based.jpg (333x500, 84K)

Attached: jetbrainsisgay.png (1296x860, 139K)