Free software is ethical

>free software is ethical

Attached: 21-11-2018-22-52-16.png (883x158, 24K)

>I like freedom, but too much freedom is bad
you sound like a cuck

Is the JSON license created by vegans onions drinkers?

>Used for good, not evil
This, and every other license like it, is completely unenforceable.

i like any freedom, but this classification looks like pure autism. what is fsf even fighting?

Freedom is just a social construct. Elegant code is divine and deserves no less than public domain license. However bureaucracy makes everything complicated thus you need an actual signed contract from every contributor. For this reason only I take the path of ISC(/MIT/2-claise BSD...) license.

do you want freedom or freedom*

*some free software might be only partialy free

>what is fsf even fighting?
Too lazy to fins out on your own before making threads about every software license in existence?

Find*

I cannot use it for (my own) evil anyway

>freedom*
the narrative of GPL. you're free to use software however you like BUT you aren't free to use it in proprietary software. is this not a restriction? JSON license seems more free than that copyleft virus, at least its reasonable, evil isn't ethical.

restriction to protect free software, so no company could fork it, make it proprietary, improve their proprietary version and give nothing in return

if you wanna be a cuck, go with BSD license

>good v evil
>complains about ethics and not morals

Define evil.
Whats stoping me from declaring everything you do evil? No more json for you

The GPL gives freedom to the code, not to you, you filthy money grubbing jew.

I found a picture of OP.

Attached: grinch.jpg (1000x600, 274K)

GPL gives freedom to the users, not to you for being greedy and not caring about your users

It's called having principles, you would know that if you weren't a jew.

>forceful coercion is the real freedom
Enjoy your gpl commie.

Thanks, I will.

Attached: not digitally altered.png (668x766, 690K)

The merit here is that while the FSF shares the same sentiments as the JSON developers. They nevertheless take law more seriously. That clause while laudable does jeopardize the license and its use as a whole. Lawyer always find holes. Thus the responsible thing to do is not to use it nor recommend it.

Attached: teaching - rms.jpg (494x303, 22K)

Sounds ethical to me.
Software is a tool like any other tool. Are hammers not ethical because people use them for bad things? Are screwdrivers no ethical because people use them for bad things?
Software is just a tool. It is neither good nor evil.

This. Now their license will never be taken seriously in court.

>incredibly vague statements don't belong in legal documents
>hurr ethics
stop

You are a retard. Philosophy is a shit show. Look how I break you argument with 3 words.
>What is evil?