Is it a good idea to start this show?

Is it a good idea to start this show?

Just downloaded the pilot.

Attached: serveimage.png (1280x800, 480K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Robot_episodes
streamable.com/9tnwk
hackertyper.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it's got a great story and quite realistic hacking in it.

this, you don't have all the stupid hollywood hacking shit

Get ready for the usual replies if you decide to stick around though.
>it's a hacking related show, no other themes should or could be explored
>why no full networking and pen-testing lectures, why watch this shit?
>why no 20 episodes of the main character going to the bathroom, sitting in front of the computer, eating and sleeping

Check the episode titles, really cool!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Robot_episodes

>fsociety
>fuck society
The memes have broken though some sort of time and space barrier and they're looping back on themselves. Veronica should've listened.

Bottom text.

Attached: qayyklg7sgr01.jpg (1242x1207, 175K)

into the trash, it goes

just watch momento, fight club or the machinist instead, 3 much better movies doing the same shtick. season 2 was the most rage inducing shit ever, it was literally haruhi season 2 and that was also shit. watch season 1 you just wanna watch an edgy anxious hacker with daddy issues and love drama, and occasional nerd moments, but avoid season 2.

>regex-based DoS vulnerability peaks on hackernews
>month later it's used in mr robot
>in completely nonsensical scenario where DoS magically gives you remote shell
it's pleb trash

What is exactly wrong with season two?

Third season is best.It's your reward for suffering through season two.

Unrelated, but more people need to see this show. Every episode is pure unadulterated kino.

Attached: A1bHBAnXwPL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 1.32M)

you watch the same episode over and over again waiting for something to slowly unveil, after episode two you'll think "boy I hope something happens next episode, and after episode 3 you'll go into episode 4 thinking "it can't be the same thing again right?""

example:
streamable.com/9tnwk

I really liked how they handled one bit of long, boring hacking when there was really nothing going on elsewhere because all of the characters that mattered were together in a motel room: they had Elliot detoxing from opioids so they could focus on why he wasn't paying attention to the hacking (since the viewer is meant to perceive the events from Elliot's perspective since we're his other imaginary friend)

>main character is a hacker
>gets sex on the first episode

:(

The main character is too psychologically damaged to enjoy the show. I won't explain, but it's just retarded.

It's a pretty good show, the creator and cast have stated that the show itself is about the people behind the hacking, the people who complain about the show not being a full infosec presentation on live TV are on the spectrum.

the hacking bits are fine but everything else is shit

Fun society

Fuck therapists.

Not really. Most commands are fake. Most jargon is accurate but with slightly off assumptions ("I control the exits nodes..." implying he can control tor traffic to a hidden service by being "in control".)

"The hacks" are accurate (disregarding the part of finding the exploits in software and services.)

The plot is ok but cringe and silly at points.

It's better then the average show hands down.

>"I control the exits nodes..."
traffic to hidden services doesn't even go through exit nodes at all. So I'd say it was more than slightly off.

>quite realistic hacking in it
lmfao no

Yeah it was just dumb. Also the whole "muh I'm so lonely" then in the next scene he litterally banged his hottie dealer gf.

Guess TV networks require some type of appeal for the normie croud.

I don't see how banging a drug addict whore a few times qualifies as not being lonely.

Are you one of those incels who thinks having sex is the same as having authentic friends/relations?

Realistic ummm somewhat. The show name drops some real commands and methods of actual vector exploitation (the USB Rubber Duck and the imei catcher mitm attacks.)

If the show held any grit then it would of included how the NSA would of already found these groups (there is actually an explanation in season 3 saying the hacks were allowed to happen by "them".)

Litterally says he can't turn to family and his sister is helping him with the project. He also had shots with his life long girl friend.

Just watch The whore is going to become the CEO of E-Corp. The show is degenerate sjw swill.

He has a mental disease that causes him to forget about people including his family. The shayla stuff, or whatever was her name, happens before he recalls that Darlene is his sister, IIRC.

In the case of Angela, I don't think he really considers her to be someone close ('close' by Elliot's introvert standards), most of the time Angela didn't even knew what was going on behind the scenes with the hack, so they're fairly distanced in terms of friendship.

The show has some issues but this isn't one of them, I don't see the inconsistency that you're pointing out, plenty of introverted people can be surrounded by friends and family and still feel distanced and lonely from them.

>"muh I'm so lonely" then in the next scene he litterally banged his hottie dealer gf.
>Appeal for the normie croud.

> main character is fuckin mental and has dissociative episodes on a daily basis, but he has sex unlike me so I hate him

stopped watching shortly after he comes back from over seas. Does it pick up?

It's not bad - hightlights social engineering over hackertyper.net/

The "twist" was obvious tho and put me off s02 and s03.

Attached: computing.gif (497x287, 420K)

S02 was weird. S03 I liked more, but apparently season 4 is the last season and I think they went the wrong direction with it...

I'll agree - working thru s01

This mental decease is called being an ignorant prick and it is actually the norm with relations with people nowadays

Disease*

Yes. He goes back to Luxembourg pretty soon again.

The nigga is still crying in season 3

Tech bits are very few, the rest is just generic "WHAT A TWEEST" bullshit parroted from better shows/movies. Also, every single character is thoroughly unlikable

t. KDEfag

How should they protray Elliot's loneliness? He has no friends, can't make real relationships, has sex with druggie in the apartment next to him. It's not like he went around town like for strange. Every thing Elliot does is to inslate himself for the rest of the world. He never steps out of his predefined loop. It's only with either the Mr robot personality or Mr robot influencing Elliot does he actually step out of line.

Might have a look.

It's good, and also takes a realistic view on dissociative disorders. I like tech and I have dissociative disorder, so I maybe ended up liking this show a little too much.

i think user meant "more realistic" than most show out there. Remember, il make a VB application see if we can get an IP out of it.

>How should they portray Elliott's lonelieness?
Blade Runner 2049 is a prime example.

And never come back.