oh boy

Attached: file.png (784x588, 584K)

You don't.
You stop buying OLED phones.
You stop buying OLED TVs.
It's hilarious it's even legal.

Use anything other than OLED or AMOLED

Attached: file.png (1440x960, 1.62M)

I have a 2017 LG OLED. B6 55 inch. Got burn in using it as a pc monitor, I never leave static images on screen for more than 10 minutes or so. But the thing is keeping something on screen for 5, then switching and coming back 15-20 minutes later and leaving a static image on the screen for another few minutes is enough for permanent burn in. I’m this case, it was my discord avatar. As I’m always in call with my friend at night.

Will take pix when I’m home but I’m telling you, I was careful and the burn in still happened.

Attached: 92E569C4-8725-4321-9747-E612FB7A69D3.jpg (300x279, 47K)

I have 5.5 year old galaxy s3 with ZERO burn in
However I've seen others new phones become basically unusable after a few months. Trick is to never use full brightness
OLED TV are a joke tho, wait for microLED

Attached: file.png (302x167, 37K)

Why the hell isn't this tech illegal.

Attached: file.png (568x319, 204K)

oh boi

Attached: file.png (543x640, 236K)

wait for microled

that's not OLED

Use a sane level of brightness.
Don't leave UI elements up on the screen for long periods of time.

microled or μLED?

if i use it just as a movie/tv screen and not as a computer screen does it make it any better?

LED*10^-6

IT WILL ALWAYS DIE EVENTUALLY

This tech is dead in the water.

Unless you want to change hardware every 6 months before it's fully defective.

>IT WILL ALWAYS DIE EVENTUALLY
Everything will always die eventually.

thtanks for the warning

almost bought a $2000 OLED tv for the holidays

They will always burn-in unless they are never used. Only buy OLED if you are prepare to not give a shit about the state of it after a few months.

>change hardware every 6 months
Normies and npcs already do this. This is the future we chose

burn-in aside, how does the image look up to that point, will it be a good few months?

For TV's it's almost criminally a bad tech. Literally 99% of people buy TVs with the delusion they will keep them intact for 10-15 years.

This shitty tech isn't good even for 6 months on TVs since channels have logos and bannels.

shit argument
o in oled is literally fucking rotting inside of it.

is a generic led tv components would start to fail after like 60-80 years due to copper becoming too oxidized. this is an easy fix without permanent damage

oled is dying even if it's turned off. 3-4 years of a few movies a week and you can throw it away

works on my machines

Attached: ebin.jpg (2431x1678, 2.17M)

Nice try, Samsung. No one is denying anything.
Don't use it as a monitor. Don't watch broadcast TV.
>I was too retarded to understand how OLED works and got burn in
>IT WILL ALWAYS DIE EVENTUALLY
Everything dies, friend.
Best months of your life. Years if you only use it for movies.
>Literally 99% of people buy TVs with the delusion they will keep them intact for 10-15 years.
Yeah, in the fucking 70s maybe. Only literal retards care about broadcast TV anyway.

>Don't leave UI elements up on the screen for long periods of time.
JUST

kys reddit

dont buy oled

Yep.
It's getting plasma'd by the lcd shills.

youtube.com/watch?v=NkfEn4CPA5E

YouTube left burn in on my samsung note 8. I thought we were past this when plasma went away.... oh well. Planned obsolescence I suppose.

>buy store model OLED
>cry about it on the internet
Retards are hilarious.

I had some burn in on my ASUS PB278. It's IPS and I didn't even think it possible, but there was an extremely bright, stationary, flashing icon that left residual for a few days after being imaged for a couple of hours. It faded and the monitor looks perfectly fine again, but it had me worried about permanent burn in. Do OLEDs have any chance of restoration, or are they screwed if they get any burn in ever?

Just checked my Samsung S8, used daily for more than a year and I can't see anything, even though the topbar is displaying the same thing all the time.

I can imagine how this would only show when displayed constantly like a TV open most of the day.

CRTs had this problem too, much worse actually. LCDs are fine on that point, but once you get used to the black levels on OLEDs, it's hard to go back to LCD, especially on a phone that's often used in pitch black situations.

What part exactly left a mark ? Care to share a pic ?

>Do OLEDs have any chance of restoration
Technically you may be able to wear down the rest of the pixels to match. Otherwise no.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLbB_IGvX3Q

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-21 OLED TV BURN IN - YouTube.png (827x465, 503K)

>cognitive dissonance
You use that word but I don't think you understand what it means...

I do moron. It's a common feeling when there's buyer's remorse about it.

Enjoy your clouding and banding faggot

>buy store display
>only a couple hundred hours
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
the goy is strong in this one.

I get burn in on my Iphone 6 screen all the time. it goes away after a few hours but its clearly visible on a solid color background, what the FUCK apple?

>used crts for years and still use one 19 incher
>used plasma until it blew up
>never had burn in

How do you niggers do it? Run 100% brightness and leave it on for a week? I remember that one panasonic plasma review where the reviewers "accidentally" had the dvd crash and cause burn in while they were on a trip for some reason and had to receive new sample which suffered the same fate. Destroying a screen like that takes some effort and I'm sure OLED is no different.

>I like inferior picture quality because I'm a moron on the level of your average normalfag
Congrats OP. Enjoy your 20 more years of LCD's arresting progress.

Requested photo
> (OP)

Attached: received_2224735871118914.jpg (3024x4032, 338K)

Because you are blind. Burn-in is INEVITABLE.

Hell, even BEING TURNED OFF degrades.

OLED is for literal morons.

>Yeah, in the fucking 70s maybe. Only literal retards care about broadcast TV anyway.
I have a Plasma from fucking 2005 that is still working with no burn-in
face it, OLED is trash you plebbit faggot

> why you no like my tech that dies within 2 weeks of usage
Stop being inane.

bullshit burn cant happen or else our eyes would burn in wat do you say about that hu?

I don't like OLED screens they are too dim and its nauseating in darker scenes where you can't see anything.

>why you no like my shit tech that wont' die after 20 years
Stop being a rube.

You forgot hilariously low contrast and absolutely horrendous color/gamma/whatever-shift.
>and I'm sure OLED is no different
OLED is actually quite predictable. Plasmas were all over the place in terms of how likely they were to get burn-in.
Yes, plasma truly is superior. I sure love listening to that epic buzz and God, who doesn't love that image noise. And yes, I have a kuro. You're just poor though and trying make yourself feel better.

so? the durability of oled is less than lcd. but the image quality is objectively superior.

Get your fucking eyes checked.

>BURN-IN TEST
Screen burn-in
We include this section begrudgingly, both because burn-in is a misnomer and, for most folks, the effect will not be an issue.

The same issue is at play with plasma and OLED TVs because the compounds that light up can degrade over time. If you burn a pixel long and hard enough, you will cause it to dim prematurely and ahead of the rest of the pixels, creating a dark impression. In reality, however, this is not very likely to cause a problem for most people — you’d have to abuse the TV intentionally in order to get it to happen. Even the “bug” (logographic) that certain channels use disappears often enough or is made clear so as to avoid causing burn-in issues. You’d have to watch ESPN all day every day for a long, long time at the brightest possible setting to cause a problem, and even then it still isn’t very likely.

yikes

Conclusion of the thread: Only morons with money to waste every 6 months to replace everything should even poke this tech with a stick.

Enjoy your shit tech morons. The rest that value their money will strive for better future techs.

>OP makes shitty conclusion that he has repeated 10 times already
Unironically walk into traffic.
rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

but the contrast ratio and black level of lcds is an atrocity. thats what should be illegal.
oled has objectively superior image quality to lcd. if you get burn in, just fucking get your panel replaced.
oleds may start looking bad after a year of use, but lcds look bad on day one

I ain't even mad tho, going to upgrade to Sony in 1-2 years. Saving up for Mcintosh gear to power my JBL Synthesis speakers. I'm more about music than movies honestly.

Your own text you fucking moron says it clearly. Even if the TV is turned off, the effect is still cumulative.

>if you get burn in, just fucking get your panel replaced.
does any return warrantly list burn-in as an option?
fuck even dead pixels arent covered

still looks better than lcd

this is how macfags get burn-in

Attached: 1361961845975.jpg (500x374, 22K)

>The rest that value their money will strive for better future techs while watching absolute garbage the next 5 years
Congratulations, retard.
>I didn't read shit so I'm just gonna pull things out of my own ass
Epic le trolle xDDD

Nobody in here is denying the tech is great when it's out of the box.

The value for money is atrocious. Shit is literally dead in the water within a couple of months of heavy usage or slightly more of less usage.

Fuck, for mobile phones it's even worse. Since those things are supposed to be used in more "serious" ways nowadays than a TV.

Now I'm feeling a bit scared and uncertain and doubtful of OLED.
I guess I'll stick with safe proven technology like LCD.

How? I use a note 8 and use youtube on it all the time, and I have had this for over a year, just did a test as well, and no burn in was visible.

just get the panel replaced every 6 months. lcds, to put it bluntly, have unacceptable contrast, and unacceptable black levels

> just get the panel replaced every 6 months
Nobody is a richfag just by wishing it.

>The value for money is atrocious
If you're a retard watching broadcast TV, sure.
>Shit is literally dead in the water within a couple of months of heavy usage or slightly more of less usage.
Step off a tall building, please.
>Fuck, for mobile phones it's even worse. Since those things are supposed to be used in more "serious" ways nowadays than a TV.
What the actual fuck are you rambling about, you fucking moron? Phones are disposable anyway. If you don't swap your phone once a year, you are the very definition of poor.

it looks vastly superior to lcds. thats why people buy oled, despite any issues with burn in

dont buy lcd

Where are you all going to test this?

Attached: 1352421393883.png (784x691, 101K)

> I'm a richfag therefore a shitty tech that is defective within a few months of usage is of no concern of mine
People like you will be the first against the wall when the Revolution comes.

wheres the larger image of the TV?

I've had an OLED phone for a few months and it still looks brand new, but then again I only use it for 1-2h over ~4 days and it's never on for more than a few minutes at a time.

It's still the best compromise for what I need. I'm sorry that you are poor (just kidding, I couldn't care less about poor people).

Is it possible to fix burns by burning in a white screen?
Just leave a white screw. Open for a few days to fix it?

It's covered under warranty for two years. They will replace your screen, chassis and battery at the same time leaving the back and mobo. I got my 1 yr old note 8 fixed last month. Had keyboard and some discord ui burn in.

well lcd is garbage straight out of the box, so, oled it is. I can just have the panel replaced as needed

its not that expensive

>spend 2k on a tv
>pay $600 every 6 months for a new screen

>MOM I NEED A NEW PANEL
>I NEED MY CONTRAST AND BLACKS MOM

you're such a dumb fucking nigger you can't even ""produce"" good bait
go look at the sun for a minute and see how that works out for your nigger eyes

I don't need a new panel though, since I don't have autism. Good bait thread though, OP.

consumer cucks are absolutely pathetic

Don't buy cheap low tier sets. Get Magnolia tier products from Best Buy. No bullshit on warranties if it's not perfect or defective and they kiss your ass. You need good credit though and the tvs start around three or four grand at least. Don't be mad you're poor and buying marketing gimmicks that you don't need.

>4k for a 4k tv
pottery

>people who can afford things I can't are pathetic!!
>REEE, WHY WON'T YOU BUY SAMSUNG QLED REEE!!!
God damn, the autism on this board is getting out of hand.

there's no revolutuon coming, pathetic commie npc
your (((programmers))) are who you'd have to go up against

>buying tech on credit
what is wrong with americans?

you're an npc who defines himself by what he purchases

You're a child whose mommy won't let him have nice things.

Turn it off when you're done with it.
Litteraly all you have to do.

That and if a program has static images I. E the Start bar, make sure to change the color and go full screen periodically or use a Screensaver.

Static/snow should work better than a white screen.
It would also work on an oled screen, but it will also make it dimmer in the long run, due to increased wear out induced by heat.

>make photo
>inverse it
>leave it burning
>now it's bak'd evenly
why this wouldn't work?

I know burn-in isn't just a meme, but I don't get how it can become so bad. I've got a OnePlus X from 2016, use it every day, and only have a small amount of burn-in where the notification bar is. I can only see it when I have the screen brightness down all the way, and have the area around the notification bar showing grey.
Are people just leaving their screens on for absurd lengths of time, displaying the same thing? Are they using really, really cheap screens? Did OnePlus just pick a good screen, and therefore it just doesn't affect me like it does others? The phone was only $300 Canadian new, so it's not like they were going to be putting the highest end screens in them either.