>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: chrome_2018-11-15_20-34-27.jpg (2929x1631, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/c7dwKB
youtube.com/watch?v=R1IGWsllYEo
youtu.be/9kPb1_krXoY?t=108
youtube.com/watch?v=TCxjhEMGNZE
pcpartpicker.com/list/ffYtRJ
youtu.be/cH5PP-VmarM?t=319
pcpartpicker.com/list/K4HtRJ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053&Description=evga g2 550&cm_re=evga_g2_550-_-17-438-053-_-Product
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883227807?ignoreb
overclockers.co.uk/asrock-radeon-rx-590-phantom-gaming-x-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-000-ak.html
amazon.com/LG-32GK650F-B-Monitor-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B07FLGR2PN
amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-Response-DisplayPort-MG279Q/dp/B00ZOO348C/
amazon.com/LG-34UC89G-B-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B0728JH3RQ/
pcpartpicker.com/list/2pQsxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/cWQsxG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting
Is the 9600k cheaper than the 8700k where you live? Otherwise it has a few percent worse benchmarks and you might wanna go with the 8700k instead.

I've heard that the Barracuda is pretty loud so I'd probably go with either WD red Pro or WD black, former for storage and latter for everyday use/gaming.

I'm fairly certain you can get a platinum PSU for cheaper than your gold one, also consider going down to 750W if it's cheaper since that's still well within your usage.

Also getting Ripjaws V series 16GB 3200Mhz, but you really should get CL14 on yours instead of cheapening out.

Is there a reason you're getting a very expensive version of the Z390 instead of lets say, Z390-e?

>2 days the 2600 was $159 on walmart
>today its $185

Attached: 1542575285507.webm (720x404, 1.51M)

>I've heard that the Barracuda is pretty loud so I'd probably go with either WD red Pro or WD black, former for storage and latter for everyday use/gaming.
really?!

I'm using a pre-built that's old as dirt. Just upgraded to a Core2 Quad and it's running a bit warm, probably due to the absolutely dogshit fan that's clogged with dust and hair I couldn't full clean out. What are some good fans to get as a replacement? Budget is $20.

Attached: 1sho8b.jpg (800x1056, 124K)

That's a big radiator

can rtx on a 2080ti be turned off on the card itself?

Attached: 1542831289395.png (500x500, 439K)

>I've heard that the Barracuda is pretty loud
I-I have one thats arriving in a few hours. What do I do? Should I kill myself?

>$2500
>Gaming, general use
I want something that will last me another decade. Currently using a 960 and i7-2700k. Should I stay with Intel, or would a R7 2700X be better than an i7-9700k?

Here's my list now pcpartpicker.com/list/c7dwKB

the new Vega series CLC testing

What do you think you would be achieving?

Any black friday recommendations on M.2 SSD Combo (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 / SATA )?
Quality > Quanity. Not looking for storage, only workload / gaming performance.
Amazon preferred since Newegg has been steadily downward shit spiral year after year with shipments and warranties. Unless someone had a good experience recently I'll change my mind.

i just want to know if it can be turned off. like it doesn't even exist ;}

Is there any chance that overcurrent protection is causing freezes? I can't get my 2400G over 39.0 (which is fine at 1.4V with no LLC), even 39.25 freezes under load with LLC mode 3 (MSI).

Isn't that literally the selling point of the RTX series is that you can turn it on and off?

You can probably globally disable it like Ambient Occlusion with control panel or Profiler.

Looks fine to me babe

Reminder that Noctua fans are more aerodynamic when they're brown in color

Attached: 1541082908002.jpg (1500x1024, 890K)

PLES SIR do needful and buy intel

Attached: intel gets btfo again.png (1800x850, 225K)

I want a dark skin girl tooo

Yeah, I'm buying 18TB of drives on Friday so I read around a lot and that's what I got from benchmarks/reviews.

Most 7200RPM drives are fairly loud while in usage but some models are worse than others. Seagate has good value for their storage capabilities and often decent speed but pretty poor when it comes to noise/failrates.

I'm getting the 970 pro 1tb as well for games/OS, and for my storage I'll be getting WD red Pro. They don't really stand out in any particular regard but that's what's good about them. They're decently fast, decent failrate, decent prize, decently silent, decent power consumption and 5 year warranty so it seems to be a good all-rounder. WD black is better for gaming/everyday usage and is roughly the same prize, but slightly louder. WD Gold is better for storage but is also louder as well as drains more electricity. AFAIK there's no perfect consumer hard drive out there so it's up to what you wanna prioritize.

The fact that they released a pro version should've tipped you off that the old version was at the very least mediocre. Shouldn't be too big of a deal though, it'll do the same job as any other hard drive just being slightly cheaper and slightly worse. Besides, if you haven't cared about the noise of your other components in your computer chances are that the noise from the drive wont stand out anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1IGWsllYEo i honestly thought the better color meme was dead
The test is flawed because sometimes the camera frame captured is capturing in between frame draws which adds blurriness in at least 1 case there.

2600X is $180 on Newegg.

Doesn't GAMMAXX 400 support the socket? Probably that.

6 thread CPUs shuoldn't be considered at all until they drop to i3 prices.
You can't get consistent 60fps minimums on them. Stutterlake lives on.

Was for the Skylake-X refresh overclocking, actually. Which unironically sucks even more power than a GPU.

You can fuse the part of the die off and hack the drivers.

For pure gaming, 9700k is better at your budget if you saved on components elsewhere and got a 2080Ti instead. With a 1070Ti it's going to make no difference. You also need a monitor and Vega64 would be the better buy if you don't already have Gsync.
For streaming, multitasking, productivity possibly mixed in with gaming, the 2700X.

Also your best bet for "last a decade" is really to get AM4 and upgrade to the last best CPU on the socket in a few years, instead of expecting a 9700k or 2700X to.

These are the things that are coming in near future:
>7nm
>PCIe4
>DDR5
>PCIe5
If you want something that's gonna age well, you've picked the wrong time to upgrade.

what about WD blue?

>NVMe drives
>32gb memory
>1050w $250 PSU
>Define R6
>over the top CPU and under achieving GPU
Yikes!
As for the latter, it's not that the 1070ti is a bad GPU, Just you could get something better were you not spending $600 on a CPU/motherboard. In regards to the R6, unless you have a library of half a dozen 3.5" HDDs, it's a pretty gargantuan waste of space, although they're very nicely finished. The PSU? Maybe if you had a pair of overclocked 1080ti' or 2080s. 32gb of memory? Does it double as a work station?

>Germany
>relevant

so buy it from amazon where it's still $159?

I can confirm, mine is loud as shit, but they're way cheaper. 4 TB cudas are same price as 2 TB WD blacks, and MUCH cheaper than red pro, almost half the price.

Difference between 9600k and 8700k is 20$ so I figured I'd get the newer gen. all the Z390-e is $320 with vastly inferior VRMs, hell even the Z370- is $260. The only cheaper options are low end 370s with absolute dogshit VRMs, and those still go for $150+.

Ryzen 5 and 7 sitll have an objectively worse gaming performance, well in the double digits in FPS in comparison to the Intel equivalent. Stop recommending them for purely gaming machines.

Why should i chose a 590 over a 1060

i couldn't give less of a shit about raytracing. in my country, 1080ti's cost more more than 2080ti's now.

When PCIe 2.0 x16 has only just started reaching its upper limits of GPU bottlenecking, I'm not really worried about 4.0

yesterday a guy was looking for a 27" 1440p monitor, an alternative to dell u2715h. I told you I would be getting Samsung S27H850QFUX. Well, it came today. It's going back tomorrow. Piece of shit wasting my time.

How do you even buy a monitor nowadays? I don't want to be resending this shit until a unit with acceptable flaws arrives.

Attached: why.jpg (2610x4640, 1.59M)

PCIe3 x16 isn't close to saturated by a 2080Ti though.
But yeah I agree that nothing is still going to be high end 5 years from now if you buy it today. Might not even be considered lower-midrange like you could consider a 2600k+7970 to be from 7 years ago.

No, 6 thread intel CPUs have objectively the worst gaming performance of the $150+ CPUs.
Can't even manage 60fps. They're shit.
You can't call a CPU that doesn't even consistently manage 60fps
>better
What a joke.

Because it's better and basically cheaper as well if you want the games.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-11-21_16-04-19.png (1169x500, 158K)

youtu.be/9kPb1_krXoY?t=108
uh?

just go into a store and buy one

All gaming panels will look like this. Suck it up or settle for something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCxjhEMGNZE

Reminder that the 9900K is the best allround CPU. Why don't you buy it? Whaddya poor?

Attached: 968full-sam-elliott.jpg (402x500, 45K)

>spend all my savings on gaymen pc
>don't have any games to play
What now?

>Ryzen 5 and 7 sitll have an objectively worse gaming performance, well in the double digits in FPS in comparison to the Intel equivalent. Stop recommending them for purely gaming machines
For 1080p, sure. For 1440p, not so much. There's more to than "X is better than Z" when you but a little more context to it... and price.
>Difference between 9600k and 8700k is 20$ so I figured I'd get the newer gen
9600k is literally a glorified and overpriced 8600k. If the 6 threaded unlocked i5 suits your needs, go the 8th gen.

>ONLY INDIA RELEVENT
POOPER POWER BY 2020

Attached: onlypajeetsandchinksbuyintel.png (4366x2638, 3.42M)

Play fortnite, WoT and WT. Duh.

Attached: 976959371370.jpg (116x90, 3K)

>ryzen 5 is better

this, bought a 1080ti and i only play WOW at 1080p

Whats the problem?

buy a ps4 and enjoy gaming again

it's not a gaming panel, it's a "business monitor" whatever that means

Play dwarf fortress.

Rate, Roast, and Critique my build I just ordered all the parts for:
pcpartpicker.com/list/ffYtRJ

1080p centric with a focus on longevity, airflow, and price.

Attached: mista 4.jpg (1930x2047, 1.53M)

I realize the PSU is overkill, but I figured plenty of overhead would be the way to go so that I can add on to it as the need arises. Was considering going with either a 2080 ti or 1080ti, but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment. Might go with a pair of GPUs eventually, and will probably be upgrading from the 1070ti before I upgrade anything else in the future. That's the way I went with my current build (upgraded from a 750ti to a 960). It does double as a work station, which is one of the reasons I am considering the Ryzen. Case was partly for aesthetics. I liked that there was wiggle room, but I will probably end up going with something else. Is something wrong with NVMe drives? I figured with the Taichi they'd do well, considering the 3 m.2 slots.

It's good value but you are going to have to upgrade the CPU and the GPU pretty soon.

Barely any of the current paywall games are worth playing unless you already invested into them.

All the good multiplayer games right now are either F2P or freemium.

The catch is basically having a reliable internet connection. Shit connection? Pay to play singlelayer games.
Good connection? Free multiplayer games.

Can I get quick opinions on pic related?
Also looking for storage suggestions, 1tb ssd to be specific.
Hoping to snag some deals over the weekend.

Attached: Untitled.png (1748x1079, 168K)

Ram.

Testing all my parts individually, either my motherboard or i5-2500k finally died. I didn't have another MB or CPU to test it, so I decided to replace both. I feel like I should bury this CPU or something because it was such an amazing value. Overclocked like a champ. I don't think this r52600 will last nearly as long as my i5 2500k did, but it was a pretty good value and I don't play many modern games anyways.

Attached: casket.jpg (400x305, 50K)

Seeing how the introduction of Zen+ brought B450/X470, would it be safe to assume that new motherboards will be introduced along with Zen 2 and if so which manufacturers have the best motherboards for OC'ing since I'll probably be picking up a 3600X?

Also I bought a 1070Ti for $185 a while back but I'm starting to regret not going with Vega since G-Sync is ridiculously expensive, should I swap out my 1070Ti for a Vega 56 and get a 1440P/144Hz Freesync monitor or should I just keep my 1070Ti and get a 1440P/144Hz G-Sync monitor? I have a 520W PSU if that matters.

All IPS panels have this kind of bleeding to some degree, gaming panels are just worse. Even Dell U2719D and U2715H have this issue.
Question is, do you notice it while using it, does it disturb you? If the answer is no then I don't see a problem.
Pic related is how my PG279Q looks like. Lower right corner looks disturbing but while normal usage there's no issue and I never sit in complete darkness anyways because it's bad for your eyes.

Attached: IMG_20181015_203218.jpg (2000x1500, 1.54M)

>I feel like I should bury this CPU or something because it was such an amazing value

I know exactly how you feel. I'm replacing very soon. I'm going to enshrine it so it lives gloriously forever.

Like a cheaper, worse version of WD black. If you have a bunch of programs and games on your hard drive, want something better for them than a Red Pro but want something cheaper than Black then they're a decent choice.

>1 sample size

Granted the pro version might be fairly loud as well, I assumed they would've made the noise in the first one better with the pro edition (like with red vs red pro) but maybe not?

Is the 9600k 20$ more or 20$ less? Wouldn't be much of a point buying something slightly worse for slightly more. And I guess you're just gonna have to go for that MOBO then.

And about the RAM, I just happened to notice because it was the exact same version as the one I'm getting but cheaper so I just assumed it had to have more latency than 14 (which is the minimum you should get for a high-end gaming pc).

I bought a model which tend to have big issues with backlight bleeding, PG279Q. What I did though was that I bought a demo screen from a reseller (for slightly cheaper) and had them confirm that mine didn't have any issues. They were selling ones with bleeding issues as well for slightly less, so they do make a distinction.

Worked out great for me so figured I'd tell you.

Why would i upgrade my rx 470 and i5 6400 ryzen shills ? i get 100fps medium settings on bo4. I can mainting 60fps on high but it stutters alot

>1 sample size
youtu.be/cH5PP-VmarM?t=319

>Germany
>Spain
>France
>Italy
God damn look at all that irrelevancy.
Why didn't you include Korea?

my 4yo 12k hours eizo doesn't have any of these. Yes, it bothers me, I put it back to the box after 1h. Not paying this much to settle for this crap.

would a 2400g with something like a vega 56 be stable at 1440p?

What about it?

my i5 6400 stutters like shit in alot of games with my rx 470 so no lol

>8700k is slightly worse than a 9600k

pcpartpicker.com/list/K4HtRJ

best build right here.

My 7 year old IPS doesn't have bleeding remotely like that

I'm fairly certain your problem there is local dimming. That huge blotch in the bottom right along with the blotch of bar.
Local dimming on monitors is even more retarded than on TVs.

Yes but a 2600 is a lot more CPU for like $10 more.

>i5-6400
So you don't drop the 30fps or lower in a lot of games...? You're bottlenecking that GPU.
>I can mainting 60fps on high but it stutters alot
>it stutters a lot
It's like Intel buyers have Stockholm syndrom and have just come to accept the stuttering as normal. It's really sad.

Yeah, that user is an idiot. 9600k can't even manage 60fps minimum in some games.

I'd pay $10 more for a better 570. Good otherwise.
Also damn, Seasonic platinum for $70 is pretty sick even if it's only 550W.
I wish Seasonic would launch their SFX PSUs, but case makers are hardly on board still.

my fucking 2015 shitgate

is B-die ram worth it if I have an R5 2600 and RX 580?

Other way around mate.

Does that include all drives or just the ones made that year? Pretty sure that the Barracuda & Barracuda pro are both pre-2016 models, at least the ones at lower sizes.

is fractal r6 a good case

Attached: 1520146473423.jpg (691x723, 253K)

>EIZO
That's a premium brand, after all you get what you pay for. You can't expect the same quality from a cheap korean panel as from an EIZO that probably cost you more than 1k.

Those monitors have no local dimming. It's just how they are designed. Edge lit IPS with QC issues, especially when glueing all layers together.
Also you have to keep in mind that pictures like that are always over exposed. I'm not a photographer and the pic was taken with an OP5.

my i3 4130 never stuttered, pretty sure its just the badly coded modern games that are at fault

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053&Description=evga g2 550&cm_re=evga_g2_550-_-17-438-053-_-Product
good deal?

spend less on case
get at least 3200 ram speed

>Yeah, that user is an idiot. 9600k can't even manage 60fps minimum in some games.

The guy was talking about buying a 9600k with it being a 20$ price difference to the 8700k, where I asked if it was more or less since buying something slightly worse that costs would be a poor decision.

Now based on the context, would a person with reading comprehension assume that I was talking about the 9600k or the 8700k?

The difference is like $50 more for gsync. Unless you look at chink IPS freesync monitors that you will have to RMA 5 times before you get a working one.

Need help with picking ram to pair up with ryzen 2600.

Corsair 2x8 3000 c15 $150
Team T-Force Vulcan 2x8 3000 c16 $110

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883227807?ignoreb

Any reason not to buy this as a solid prebuilt that I can upgrade later when parts get left behind?
I don't see anything too far behind atm. Sorry I'm new to this and want a prebuilt before I start Frankensteining it eventually.

that costs more*

2600x or 2700x for gaming, 1440p specifically.

Is the Lenovo - 510A-15ICB Desktop any good? It's like 500 and I'm on a budget. Is it capable of gaming?

B-die is objectively better for Ryzen, but worth will be a relative matter for you. If you got money to burn, which it doesn't look like you do, then you might as well. If not, just get yourself whatever g-skill 3200 mhz RAM and you should be golden. Most modern motherboards will xmp just fine as long as you flash.

eizo was roughly $50 more than this samsung, and that was 4 years ago, a model which was released in 2012. So yeah 6 years later I do expect improvement in quality for the same price. But people accept this because 'they don't use it with dark background anyway' and manufacturers keep getting away with it. Add gamers to the soup and prices skyrocket with quality getting worse.

Is it confirmed you can sell the Division 2 that comes with these AMD key bundles?

Because I was going to get a 580 -- £200 with 2 free games.

But if it is the case, I might as well get this then? overclockers.co.uk/asrock-radeon-rx-590-phantom-gaming-x-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-000-ak.html Since the extra £40 is covered by selling the game, and prob a better cooler to boot.

> tfw just found out about ASUS ROG RealBech

Why the fuck did I use prime95 when this paired with cinnebench and maybe 3dmark actually show stability without melting your cpu? Would recommend to other ITT looking to overclock your boomer CPUs

I've currently go a Qx9650
I'm thinking of doing a full system upgrade to a rizon 5 2600
Should I do it?
Should I get the rizon 5 1600 instead?
Is the 2600 better than the 1600?
Also what motherboard is good? I'm looking for one that supports PCIE SSDs

>eizo was roughly $50 more than this samsung
What monitors are those?
>people accept this because 'they don't use it with dark background anyway' and manufacturers keep getting away with it
Thing is office monitors are mostly used in daylight or at least not in complete darkness so people don't care. Also normies probably don't even know what blb is and think it's a feature.
>Add gamers to the soup and prices skyrocket with quality getting worse
Add gamers to fucking anything and it goes to shit.

Personally I do care but I needed a new monitor so I picked something I can live with.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053&Description=evga g2 550&cm_re=evga_g2_550-_-17-438-053-_-Product
Very good deal

I mean the original user considering a 9600k over 8700k because "newer gen".

.... obviously the latter. Same thing for cheaper.

>$50 more for gsync
LOL. Show me 5 1440p 144hz monitors where the gsync version is only $50 more.
amazon.com/LG-32GK650F-B-Monitor-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B07FLGR2PN $195 difference
amazon.com/27-inch-FreeSync-Response-DisplayPort-MG279Q/dp/B00ZOO348C/ $250 difference
amazon.com/LG-34UC89G-B-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B0728JH3RQ/ $255 difference

And many of the best monitors are Freesync only with no Gsync equivalent, like that Mbest one. Every good Gsync model has a Freesync equivalent that's cheaper, whereas you have entire brands which are Freesync only like Pixio.
What blatant lying.

At $185 you got a really good deal.
Just get Freesync 1440p anyway, downclock it to 120hz, and cap your games which don't run at 120 to 60fps instead?
> would it be safe to assume that new motherboards will be introduced along with Zen 2
Of course they will.
>which manufacturers have the best motherboards for OC'ing
Taichi or Crosshair, of course.

2600X. If you want to spend more, you're better off spending it on B-die and a better board than the 2700X over the 2600X for just gaming.

You can sell it by selling the amdrewards.com account afaik. That's how I sold AC Odyssey, another Ubisoft game.
>But if it is the case, I might as well get this then?
I haven't seen reviews of that card. The last ASRock I saw had a cooler which was as loud as the reference blower despite being dual fan... I wouldn't trust it without reviews.
But if it were one of the other models for that price, then yes it's worth upgrading to the 590 if the extra game covers the cost for you.

>Other way around mate
I hoped it was. Anyone willingly spending their own money on a 9600k deserves to be hung upside by their ankles and have their pockets shaken til they're empty

user plz
Idk what I'm doing

I'm tired of thinking about it.

pcpartpicker.com/list/2pQsxG

I don't like looking at prebuilts.
That one is not terrible, but like always (outside of the mining boom) you can do better.

>Why didn't you include Korea?
because no one lives in korea

Now go back to your mental illness kpop general faggot

Attached: chrome_2018-11-21_16-39-07.png (1381x666, 302K)

That motherboard is rubbish. Adequate for overclocking an 8350k, but definitely not an 8700k. Don't cheap out of power delivery for a Coffeelake i7.

The Starcraftians do.

Eizo cs230, this Samsung I can't remember, I've posted it here somewhere, now I'm in bed on my phone and cba to look for it. Working at night or not doesn't matter, displaying dark colors does. I guess it depends what you work on and what bothers you. For me this is unacceptable. Plus it turned out my gpu has only DVI and I tried 4 different adapters, neither worked.

>Australia still blindly follows Intel
Jesus Christ, we really are a nation of tech illiterate mentally handicaps.

pcpartpicker.com/list/cWQsxG

comparable build that is $200 cheaper