Apple gets $80,000,000,000 loan

>apple gets $80,000,000,000 loan
>uses it to buy back stock to limit supply, inflate stock price, and generate fake growth to keep investors happy
>applel stock crashes
>apple still owes $80,000,000,000 on that debt but all that stock they bought with it is worth less than toilet paper
Where were you when Applel BTFO themselves?

Attached: 1535786761630.png (1013x890, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL/balance-sheet?p=AAPL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1519968183750.gif (540x540, 279K)

Yeah, Apple will be forced to shutdown before the year is over!

Appli is over >:)

based

>Bankers worry that corporate leverage could become a trigger of the next recession.
F

Tim Cuck listen inversor,buy back stocks and paid dividents Steve Jobs give a shit about inversors, because Tim Cuck is paranoid about inversors fire him.

ah this makes me moist

Actually it's the opposite.
Apple believes at the current price, its stock is undervalued, so it's a good investment to buy it back.

apple must of raped you, you post this shit in every apple thread.

burger turd schools suck lol

>Apple believes at the current price, its stock is undervalued
It doesn't matter what Apple thinks.

>Apple believes
That's nice sweety, but no one cares what Apple believes. The entire rest of the market however, has agreed it's worth 20% less.

It doesn't matter what *you* think.

A team of economists, having access to insider information and product roadmap, think the stock is underpriced and are using their own money (i.e. the buyback money could have been used for dividends otherwise) to buy it.
Tells me all I need to know.

But when they buy it back the value increases

time to hide those sales numbers. can't let anyone know we're selling 100 millions of toys per quarter!!
into the trash it goes.

Attached: opinion_discarded_kyouko.jpg (680x680, 93K)

>must of

Based and redpilled iToddlersbtfoposter.

baste

how will itoddlers ever recover?

>apple still owes $80,000,000,000 on that debt
oh so that's why I saw a 747 full of what looked like Italian mobsters picking up a bunch of violin cases from baggage claim at the san jose airport yesterday

Think Different.

How come they didn't get called out for this? No one gets punished and the share price goes up?

Attached: historical-debt-1541251693.png (1000x544, 54K)

Debt doesn't cost anything until you pay it

Attached: 1525645908993.webm (955x533, 2.08M)

itoddlers have defended this

Many companies with large overseas cash holdings take out loans inside of the US. The interest rate on the loans is cheaper than the tax on bringing money back into the US.

Typically they have an arrangement where the loan is transferred to a company outside of the US, where non-us funds can be used to pay it back.

You should study basic finance; the things companies do might make more sense.

>trying to pay back a $80B loan with $60B

You should study basic finance.

Time for some communist organizing

>>trying to pay back a $80B loan with $60B

Last data I can find says that Apple's overseas cash holdings are around $250 billion.

Last data I can find says that Applel's value tanked $200 billion.

80 billion loan ? you must retarded

based

based

based

how will itoddlers ever recover?

>uses it to buy back stock to limit supply, inflate stock price, and generate fake growth to keep investors happy

thats not really why companies buy back stocks

>buying back stocks in general is a pretty solid business move
>aapl overpriced for long time
>price goes down
>good opportunity to buy back stocks

that from Apple? Tim Cook really destroyed that company

Based

stock markets are the dumbest thing ever

the west just doubling down on greed and capitalism

based

>applel

Stock buybacks are often a bad move. If the best investment a firm can come up with is their own stock, they're openly promoting that they have limited growth potential in existing and new markets, otherwise the investment would be spent there instead.

>tfw when you read stock and you were thinking of physical stock in department stores and warehouses because you're such a brainlet, only to realize stock actually meant company stock.

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 49K)

Why not wait until it crashes and then buy 20% more shares for the same money?

based satania poster

NO STOP DOING THAT SHIT
IF YOU FAGGOTS JUST LET COMPANIES FUCKING CRASH AND CRASH AND NEVER BUY IN THEY'D FUCKING DIE FOREVER.

based

What if they never crash instead? Then everybody wins right? If they just always go up and never go down then no matter when you buy you still win. Literally everybody gets richer and everybody gets happy.

Is this true? I was told Apple holds like 100B cash

>must of

Why the charade then? Why not just UBI, print the shekels and distribute them? Perfect society. Everybody pretends to work and the government pretends to pay them.

Why does anyone give a shit what applel does? They milk the normies. I say, let them milk them dry.

ITT assblasted itoddlers

iTODDLERS BTFO

It does if they're right. Apple is basically just investing in themselves. It's signalling that they don't need the money for growth, but rather that they believe they are already poised to go up. If their stock is undervalued, they've gained equity, if it's overvalued they lose it, if it's par, then it's a zero-sum game for them.

Apple thinks that they hit a slump because of all the negative reports, so they're reinvesting their money in the form of stock buybacks. If the long-term holiday exceed wall street's expectation, then the increase in their stock price is going to go straight to their pocket book.

You act like they're just throwing $80 bil away but that's not how the economy works.

This isn't very Apple specific, it's more a result of the FED raising interest rates. All the big companies have been using loans to buy back shares for years now, it's been on-going ever since the "financial crisis" a decade ago. The US stopping "quantitative easing" combined with rising interest rates is affecting stocks and quite a few other markets (see the crypto bubble popping).

What I find rather hilarious is that I remember actual crisis when interest rates rose to 15-20% and people were forced sell their homes at a huge loss. Current interest rates are very low, they are really low in a historical context. The only reason people and corporations are having problems is that they were dumb enough to assume rates would stay at 0% forever.

itoddlers and quite a large number of other people will be in big trouble when interest rates reaches 10%

This is what iToddlers actually believe.

As much as I dislike Steve Jobs, he knew what he was doing with the company. This is terrible.

>iToddlers
Found your problem.

jobs was a clueless retard
tim cuck ran the financials, and now he's running it into the ground
he's a clueless retard as well
the only one at applel that ever knew what he was doing was schiller

>All the big companies have been using loans to buy back shares for years now
Microsoft has been using it to buy duds. Like Nokia, Skype, aQuantive etc.
On aQuantive:
"Microsoft announced that it was taking a $6.2 billion write down, due in most part to its purchase of aQuantive not performing as expected. As Microsoft paid some $6.3 billion for the company, the acquisition was nearly a complete loss." -GeekWire
Others have also drunk from poisoned chalices along the way, mostly through moving into fields they didn't understand.

based

>$80,000,000,000 loan
gee i wonder what could go wrong

It's up to $100B now actually.

>apple gets $80,000,000,000 loan
Source on this?

finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL/balance-sheet?p=AAPL

Isn't that millions not billions?
Sadly I'm pretty sure they can afford that loss.

you'd think it would be easy to eat that loss when every dumb fuck in the first world mindlessly consumes their increasingly shitty and increasingly overpriced products, however at the end of the day, the prices they ask will outweigh their fashion and the increased spending required to push said products can only become more expensive, almost inevitably leading to bankruptcy without drastic downsize and reductions in spending, both of which will tank the stock due to lack of growth. Basically, their shit sucks, it costs too much, and apple can't put on the brakes because it would tank them hard. its great

Attached: 1531159846670.png (266x418, 148K)

You're reading this wrong OP
>Apple takes out giant pile of money to buy back stock
>Suddenly, market news bombarded with speculation that Apple is in trouble
>Driving the price down for Apple to buy back even more...
Reverse pump and dump
Apple is the master of this strategy
They literally do it every quarter for over 20 years

nothing is wrong with buybacks
it's just a way for a company to return money to investors

what exactly is the problem?

>master of this strategy
>buying before the crash

>they bought the dip

Attached: 1541726567285.jpg (500x500, 74K)

>ive never seen a balance sheet before

funny
gullible, but funny

>must of

Based

>must of
Kys subhuman niggershit

based

They're cancelling iphone orders from factories, can't fudge the numbers to hide the declining sales, and the USB C only Macbook pro was a huge failure with the world's easiest to break keyboard. Cook is a classic spreadsheet manager that grew up too rich to understand how to make a product for human beings. Apple's future is just like it was before Jobs now, to be mismanaged by spoiled rich kids until it's completely run into the ground. (That new modular Mac Pro desktop is rumored to be using external GPU enclosures instead of giving the actual Pros the expansion slots they need after 2 years of complete silence after admitting the problem)

baste

Can't wait for the next recession it's gonna be fun. I hope it hits hard on these tech companies

>Cook is a classic spreadsheet manager that grew up too rich to understand how to make a product for human beings.
This. If the company is making money, he thinks everything must be working ok. That's why quality control has gone to shit and every first-generation product seems to have problems that should have been caught before the device ever got out the front door. And he can't seem to take the reins. I haven't heard any stories about Cook telling someone, "You either come back to me with a solution in 30 days or your fired!" Jobs had no problem shit-canning people, but it seems Cook is getting walked over because he has no vision.

whats happening

Attached: faang.jpg (729x956, 119K)

whats going on

Attached: tank.jpg (1144x759, 138K)

>must of

Attached: bagel head.jpg (750x500, 83K)

desab