Have you noticed that having a smartphone is almost required to be a functioning member of todays society...

Have you noticed that having a smartphone is almost required to be a functioning member of todays society? All of your major social media websites require phone verification. Most banks use a phone safety feature on poli, bpay, transfers and overseas purchases which requires you verify through your provided phone number and they will not cancel that security feature for any purpose. (I learned that after my phones screen was damaged the day after my contract ended).

I think the smartphone and the huge network of information and collectivism that comes with it will basically brainwash and damage future generations, more so than it has millennials. One example I've seen in particular which actually pains me to see, is people on youtube, often with millions of subs who are openly talking about "spirituality", "finding yourself", "spreading love" and "positivity", not religion, hippie talk, that's ok but they're also discrediting science... while using a smartphone... But that shouldn't really come as a surprise when sci and math scores have been decreasing for decades.

I'm not really a fan of the movie Idiocracy because its core message shifts the blame from the consumer onto large companies, but it seems like it was right. It will be interesting to see the comparison between k12 scores now and the ones in 10 years. History says they will keep going down but I expect to see it spike.

What are your thoughts?

Attached: 78941418918948.jpg (940x620, 44K)

>having a smartphone is almost required to be a functioning member of todays society
Maybe in third world countries like U S A

a smartphone is not a bad concept, social media and consented violations to privacy are, though

I'm Australian. Our GDP is 1.2 trillion USD. The United States defence budget alone is 681 billion. Lol. I'm the US is 3rd world I guess that makes us Aussies like 7th world?

I agree.

Attached: 1522565796981.png (557x625, 343K)

3 years ago I wasn't using a smartphone even though I'm in my 30s
I just didn't see the point of it because I'm not very social
I've since gotten 2 (currently using the one in OP pic) and I find it very useful. I wouldn't go back to not having one.

In Germany you don't need a smartphone to be a functioning member is society. You only need to be proficient in Arabic.

the only problem i can see is where you have to have a specific app for some shit... for example, Steam app with double authentication or whatever.
most verifications are done thru simple TEXT protocol, my dude. you can use a flip phone for that shit.

Attached: unknown-133.png (664x597, 62K)

Using social media is not a requirement. Stopped reading here by the way.

Fuck sms 2FA.

>All of your major social media

Meh...

I think he meant the US being third world because its a shitshow in certain aspects. Medical treatment and medication for example.

joblets lmao

Attached: maxresdefault-2.png (1280x720, 287K)

>sci and math scores decreasing for decades.

you do realize that this is due to more people having acess to education and not because of people getting dumber. in the past only the smart kids (and rich ones i guess, but even then most universities don't tolerate dumfags no matter how much money their parents offer) received opportunities for education, but now that formal education is cheap and pretty much socially mandatory, the dumb kids who would do better in a different field are forced into the same sci-math classes and water down the overall scores.

people arent getting dumber, the dumbfucks are simply more visible now that technology provides them the tools to broadcast their conspiracy theories and circlejerk each other.

>but even then most universities don't tolerate dumfags no matter how much money their parents offer
What did Anonymous poster mean by this?

>All of your major social media websites require phone verification. Most banks use a phone safety feature on poli, bpay, transfers and overseas purchases which requires you verify through your provided phone number and they will not cancel that security feature for any purpose.
But not smartphones, just cellphones.

It's almost like using something that is usually on you is a good way of verifying a person remotely.

It is clear what he means. If you want to disagree with him, please offer an argument instead of this meaningless meme tier post.

We are forbidden smartphones at job, only dumbphones.

All the technology does is make communication quicker and easier and make the things people say reach more people. People were exactly the same before phones and internet, they weren't any better or worse. The only thing that was different is the mediums of communication. The profane and offensive troll comments were written on the wall of a public restroom stall instead of a comment section, the insane conspiracy theories were perpetuated by AM radio hosts and homeless men wearing sandwich signs instead of Youtube vloggers.

And I don't know where you get this anti-science thing. A few generations ago teachers were thrown in jail for teaching evolution in school and there were commercials on TV where doctors would talk about how Lucky Strike cigarettes give you a healthy "T-zone". People are more aware and knowledgeable about science than ever. It just seems like people are dumber because you are exposed to more stupid people, whereas before the Internet you rarely had conversations with people whom you didn't know personally and didn't share a similar viewpoint.

Attached: oldmancloud.jpg (680x383, 39K)

Maybe my state uni is not part of most universities but the rich foreigners, mostly from asian countries, paying out of state tuition had an easy time coasting through most of the classes I saw.
Now I will be fair and say I didn't test all of them to see if they passed the dumfag bar or not.
That's not getting into the more homegrown failson variety either.

Americans have better access to state of the art medical care than anyone else in the world. It might bankrupt you, but at least you'll be alive.

As far as public education goes your argument doesn't hold water. Public education has been mandatory for all children in most Western countries for at least 100years.

i meant to quote sorry

americucks unironically think this is a good thing

No, they absolutely do not.

The US has SOME of the best medical technology, personal and care in the world but most of their citizens do NOT have access to it.

For healthcare, the US is divided into 4 classes, the poor, the average workers without high paying jobs that have accumulated debt and got minimal health insurance, the well-off with cash to spare + health insurance with decent coverage and the super-rich.

Only the last 2 groups get medical care comparable to or better than most other developed countries. A lot of insurances wont cover anything besides (cheap) survival methods, if you go over budget or have an illness that significantly reduces the quality of your life you are fucked.

Whats even funnier is that the US already spends an insane amount of money on healthcare that shovels the average joes money into the hands of the medical application and pharma industry.

i still use sms for my banks.
:^)

You also need a home, clothes, job, education, internet, etc.

We live in a society.

You're and absolute idiot and probably only know about American healthcare from Netflix documentaries and Guardian articles. The fact of the matter is most Americans are insured in some way and have access to healthcare. That 4 class thing you just spouted is complete bullshit. The poorest of the poor who make less than 25k a year (that would probably be the top 1% of earners in your shitgole country) have options like Medicaid and extremely poor people can get free healthcare. If they choose not to use it and have a medical event it's their fault. The same goes for people who make 60k+ a year and don't think they need to buy insurance. Where it's really tough is the income bracket between 30k and 40k a year where insurance can be tough to afford with your other expenses. But, if you're making that much you're hopefully a young person just out of college starting a career and don't really need insurance.

way to keep the ol class warfare rhetoric going there champ, you're a loving testament to how retarded the population has become

Attached: puzzle-piece-because-(you)-are-autistic.png (300x300, 20K)

Spot on

We have parking meters around here that require a phone app.

>50% higher infant mortality than other developed countries
>10% of the country has no health insurance whatsoever
>25% of the population has significant problems with medical bills or is indebted due to medical care
>highest mortality amenable to health care compared to other developed countries
>90% of the population think the system needs fundamental changes or to be completly overhauled
>pic related

Attached: LifeExpectancy.png (651x566, 46K)

What about Turkish?

>50% higher
I love it when retards try to trick other retards by using skewed statistics, are you referring to the 5.8 vs 3.4 infant mortality rate per 1000? you know which demographic is the main contributor? go bleed your heart out back on plebbit you fucking faggot
>10% has no health insurance whatsoever
guess who again?
>25% of the population has significant problems with medical bills
guess who again?
>90% of the population thinks the system needs fundamental changes or completely overhauled
asking for sauce from you about this statistic specifically is probably a wasted effort, but citation needed. the whole system, including pharmatech, providers, insurance everything, IMO needs to change because I work in it, but to say people aren't getting adequate care is fucking retarded and of course spouted by a dipshit millennial who regurgitates numbers spewed by their favored source slanted the same way they are

Attached: 1515099208073.jpg (600x463, 25K)

Wtf is this plot. How do I even read it?

Just how much do you think the average american is making?
And do you really think the average can afford the premiums on a full coverage policy for themselves and their families along with rent and everything else? The average american is pretty fucked if anything makes them go to the hospital.

Median household income is 60k per year. I have a PPO that lets me pick my own doctor, has reasonable cost pays, and cheap prescriptions for ~110 per month.

And even then I'm probably over covered

>US government steals and spends too much money
Yes, I agree with the obvious conclusion from this chart. Clearly spending after a certain point has no effect on life expectancy.

Would you be the average american?
don't recall asking your specifics since going by the supposed average user standard, you'd be young and single and seeing the board maybe some tech job too, of course your policy wouldn't make a dent on your budget. And you probably haven't had a medical emergency to break the bank either.

get a job that offers insurance then retard

Actually I'm in married and in my 30s. I see the Dr regularly for an ongoing issue. I've been to the ER three times in the past three years. Industry we take home less than the median income atm. So what exactly is your point?

Some improvements came from the affordable care act (which half the merimong politicians want to purge at all costs anyway), and bare bones insurance hardly counts as healthcare, specially when seriously ill and are suddenly "out of coverage" or "out of network" and find yourself paying thousands of dollar per visit.

Obviously was wasted effort to type anything out, woe is on me for wanting this country to act like a 1st world one or hell even a 2nd world one past or present, and provide for its citizens a basic function.
I'm not talking about myself, you just have to broadcast that to everyone who can't afford insurance, but you got yours after all.
Well you've got a great situation then, keep at it I guess. Not much more to say.

>all those stats would be great if we biased the sample and removed all the numerous poor citizens!!
Excellent statistics Jow Forumsmong.

Wait until they sell us brain implants and you have to have one to do something like buy food. Fun times are headed our way.

Attached: NSA.jpg (500x320, 17K)

yours as well leftypol retarded faggot

>in the future npcs will be literally programmed
can't wait

>functioning member of todays society
>social media

Attached: 1530132955676.png (640x720, 340K)

They don't have to do any such thing when most people already carry around a smartphone willingly.

My thoughts are:
>cellular tracking is a thing
>gps tracking via software is a thing
>add CC transactions, etc to that
>you can basically model an entire persons day-to-day life from this
>consumer technology shows no signs of improving
The implications of society's total and utter reliance on phones is horrifying.

They fall for it because they all think that they will make it big if they just work hard!
>Yes Johnny, keep slaving away at your job, the American dream is just around the corner!

Attached: 1481044212461.png (1346x1044, 1.71M)

better than willingly being invaded by a foreign group that is government encouraged

>I'm not really a fan of the movie Idiocracy because its core message shifts the blame from the consumer onto large companies, but it seems like it was right.
Did you even watch that movie? It was farcical take on Darwinism as applied to the modern human animal. It had nothing to with ANYTHING that you're talking about..

i have no social media and my phone usage equals to 0, results are that i have no friends.

I, too, would much rather be dead than see a sandnigger once a week

BLOLOLOLOL, IT EVENS OUT IF YOU JUST TAKE OUT THE POOR PEOPLE RETARD. YOU CAN'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THINGS IF YOU JUST TAKE OUT THE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THINGS. SIMPLE PROBLEM, SIMPLE ANSWER

Attached: reece.jpg (504x415, 27K)

One interesting thing is that while smartphones make us vulnerable to international spy agencies and massive data harvest operations, they generally grant us more safety and liberty on the local level. BLM and movements against police brutality recently are primarily the result of everyday people being able to record these encounters on their phones and share those encounters with others - so we can actually see the shit going down. In turn it makes cops more wary of fucking with you, and sometimes it exposes abuses like a few days back there was a video on youtube showing how some female government employee tried to threaten some cops with her status in order to get her kids off a fine.

Phones have also given men a lot more power when it comes to the primary threat of state violence that's used against them - the pseudo-legal 'domestic violence' system, which is absolutely sexist and misandrist in framing and execution. Courts HATE the idea of recordings being admissable and continue to resist precisely because they know it would expose how fraudulent this system is. Men are now able to record their roasties attacking THEM and faking violence and threatening them, and even if they can't use this in court, simply having the recordings makes it harder for women to ruin men. Same thing with criminal matters - in Australia there was a case recently where Gable Tostee, some guy on the Gold Coast, was targetted by the MSM and police because some roastie jumped off his balcony - 100% he would be in prison today for murder if he wasn't able to show recordings he'd made with his phone (he also had other recording devices in the home for self-protection).

So really, Orwell missed the whole point that mass-production of cameras would allow the average person to own them and turn the power of panopticon back on the state.

If we can really make some advances with encryption, we can also exclude those spy agencies from our lives.

...wanted to add the point that encrypted messaging is another way that we're already increasingly protected against the state. Up until recently governments and police have been doing all they can to access SMS text metadata and the messages themselves - which they often selectively use against people. Encrypted messaging apps and systems like iMessage essentially lock local government out entirely unless they get transcripts from the other participant in the conversation. Now, I think it's highly likely that the NSA have access to systems like iMessage... but we've never really seen evidence of them using it, at least nothing confirmed...and we know that courts have a lot of trouble trying to access this information through Apple. Another win for liberty, really.

GPS can also be used by a person to establish an alibi if accused of a crime.

this is correct tho