Search youtube for a guide /w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: firefox_2018-11-10_20-28-34.png (542x832, 951K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QsrdzY
youtube.com/watch?v=iw5Xj8nKcyA
pcpartpicker.com/list/D4BPcY
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3386-nvidias-secret-gpu-tu106-400-vs-400a-2070-xc-ultra-review
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CCr3vn
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280&Description=580&cm_re=580-_-14-202-280-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for 60hz is perfectly fine

Is there a big difference between gold and bronze rating? for power supplies

feet

Shamelessly re-posting my little issue...

Hey, Britbong here looking to buy and probably build a PC during these Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and I need a bit of hand holding here.
I can probably update you on my budget later, though it seems to be somewhat flexible because I've found some outside help with this.

I currently have a German-Toaster (Medion, I know I've committed a grave sin) and I'm planning on swapping the motherboard while retaining all the other components to save on money. At a push I might try and get a new CPU (Probably an APU to save money/time), but that isn't certain.
As of now I've got these as ideas for motherboards with Black Friday deals on, but if you have any other suggestions around the same price range, it'd be appreciated.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QsrdzY
(I've found deals for both of these motherboards that are around my CURRENT budget)

I'd hopefully be able to play most games on low setting ect, while being able to do work and such.
If you also have suggestions for a PSU to buy, or a way to check/calculate if a PSU can handle extra components, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks.

Attached: sorry.jpg (568x562, 51K)

Second for no shit faggot. No one said it wasn't

>no one said it isn't
t. hasn't read the op

Probably more with quality of parts inside than power efficiency

I'm building a budget workstation and I can't choose from the following (I also won't be using GPU but built-in Razer one):
Ryzen 5 2400g or Ryzen 5 1600x?
Kingston UV500 or WD Blue 3D NAND or some M.2?
hewp

Attached: pepus2.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Fug I posted my question after the new thread was made.

How retarded is it to BCLK overclock a 2600 from 100 to 103, with no clock gen?

>60 hz are mostly old models
That's not a damnation of 60hz, but of the models

MSI, Gygabyte or ASRock for a cheap b450 motherboard?

is it possible to build a rig with at least 5 years of shelf life without dropping 1000+ on a gpu?
I need to completely update my rig and my budget is sub 2k...

current rig:
AMD 6300 Six core vischera socket am3
evga GTX 970
8gig ddr3 RAM
some cheap gigabyte mobo i threw in like 4 years ago.

this thing runs like a dinosaur. any tips for something sub-2k that will run Squad at ultra?

1440p is barely noticeable difference. Just get fucking 4k or 1080p if you're too poor to get a pc that can handle 4k vidya

Mobo CPU LED is red and won't boot. Tried resetting BIOS, etc. Running out of options and I really don't want to replace both in that case.

580 sapphire nitro + or pulse?

>consider 75hz minimum

144hz is beautiful, 1440p is nice but i have a 24" monitor and i wish i got a bigger one instead, try to get a 27".
Nitro

To save money it's best to buy a mid to upper mid tier gpu then just upgrade it every two to three years.

Didn't even read the whole post. It's so fucking pathetic. Stop being so poor and get a decent CPU and GPU with the deals currently

I always get distracted by his hair, like, he can't put his head in a proper position because of it. why he doesn't get a ponytail? and his voice is weird af.

Alright. You win

>AM3

That's a solid yikes/10 from me senpai

Nope 1440p 144 Hz is probably the best combo until 4K at 144 Hz becomes doable. But you're gonna need a really good card to run games at that resolution and frame rate unless all you play is CS:GO, like a 1080ti at least.

If your board doesn't have a clock gen, you can't.

1440p/144Hz is perfect. The best resolution for desktop use and high framerate is great for gaming. Just make sure to get a Freesync/G-Sync one and matching card. It makes the experience far better.

what's your budget?
with peripherals or not?

>not 1440p 165 hz gsync ips panel

So about much much longer do you think a 580 is going to be able to do 60fps @1080 for most games.

I'm getting mixed messages here.
2 in favor and 2 against

sure. I play comp csgo and wanna try out a monitor above 60hz if possible. are the 1070's capable of running these monitors well? Are ATI gpu's even worth looking at?
Been awhile since I upgraded I'm behind the times.

Will a 2600x/2700x+1070ti be enough for 1440/144 or should I wait for zen2?

Thinking about finally getting a new gpu, would be for 1080p 144Hz.

Attached: gpu's.png (2713x393, 391K)

anything past 60hz isnt noticeable fuck off

165Hz is completely pointless and I'd rather have a VA panel for non-shit black levels.

Only one of those posts is against, and it's some stupid faggot who probably owns a 900p monitor.

Do NOT fall for the RTX meme. Especially not the 2070.

>razer
anyways, the r5 1600x doesnt have integrated graphics, only the g models do, but the 1600x is is a slightly faster processor. Whats your part list.
also fuck hiroshima, 4chanx isnt working

1070ti

Confirmed for dirt poor peasant desperately trying to convince himself that his 4K TN panel was a good investment.

Attached: BUFF DADDY.jpg (701x527, 201K)

I'd safely say my budget for motherboards is £100 -£140, but I'm liking the look of either boards I've suggested; just needed to know if they were completely trash.
Peripherals on the other hand are likely a no, but I might be able to push for the APU on the PCPartsPicker list.

do you have a GPU to match?

I got a cheap 144hz acer monitor a little while ago and it's amazing for an entry level one.
Trust me, when people say you won't be able to go back to 60hz, they really meant it. Using my brother's monitor feels like the screen is lagging which is messed up since his build is better than mine.
If you go head first into 144hz territory, you'll want nothing less afterwards.

Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

Bought a Dell aw3418dw - I believe I need a 1080ti for this but they are no longer in production. Is 2080 my best option at this point?

youll cowards if you dont get bdie ram

>brother jumped from a 960 to a 1070
>I'm still on a r9 390
>He gave me his gtx 960 and old mbo/cpu for putting his computer together and giving him a OS
What can I do with this 960?Slifire?I have the room and power but like only one game can do that.

Attached: 47457.jpg (600x375, 67K)

>If your board doesn't have a clock gen, you can't.
Bios shows the option to change the BCLK from 100 to 103. As far as I know my motherboard does not have a clockgen.

anyone saying 144hz is noticeable is just saying that because of placebo. They are trying to justify spending money on something that isn't possible to see.

60hz is not terrible, it's just that pretty much every new monitor with otherwise good specs and price is also 75hz.
75hz is just better, and free.

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QsrdzY
I'd really grab a 2400G if you can if on sale.
4 threads just isn't good enough for a lot of CPU intensive games and won't get you a reliably around 60fps. Things just won't be smooth sometimes.
Not much of a problem with the 2200G since you'll often be held back by the iGPU anyway, but it will basically mean you'd want to upgrade CPU when you also add a dGPU to not bottleneck the new dGPU. Whereas the 2400G can take a 1080 or Vega64 at 1080p can generally only minimally bottleneck it a few percent at most.
So even though the 2400G costs more up front, it can save you more in the long run that way.

MSI for non-X CPU, ASRock for X CPU.

2k USD?
Man I don't know why you think PCs are so expensive.
You can build a PC with monitor which runs Squad at close to 100fps on Ultra at 1440p, from what I can see?
I couldn't find 2560x1440 results but I found 3440x1440 which is a lot harder to run youtube.com/watch?v=iw5Xj8nKcyA
PCs are pretty cheap now.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/D4BPcY
You can replace the custom cooler Vega56 with a reference Vega 64 if that's still $400 and you don't mind the possible drawbacks with a blower. But you don't really seem technically inclined to modding/replacing a blower cooler so the custom 56 is probably better to go with.

You could make a 1080p build for a lot cheaper, but I'd go with this given that it's well under your budget yet far more than you wanted.

Vega64, especially assuming you haven't gotten the monitor yet as you'll save a lot with Freesync.
Also, you shouldn't be considering one of the fake models of 2070 AT ALL. gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3386-nvidias-secret-gpu-tu106-400-vs-400a-2070-xc-ultra-review Even the best of the fake ones are garbage.

My 1080p ips panel has better blacks than my VA panel. Unfortunately I use the VA one now since it's 144hz. I'll try and tweak the settings but idk.
Also, I hope you're all going into Nvidia control panel and changing the color space from limited to full. Idk why it's limited or set to auto by default. The colors look faded and washed out if it's not on full.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CCr3vn

Is there anything wrong with this build? I've already go the CPU, PSU, an SSD on sale.

I am going to tell you only two things that matter for gaming.
At least 120/144hz monitor, at least 1080p. Everything else is optional/luxury.

I mean, if a little kid can tell the difference then your eyes must be fucked up.

What's the best RX 580 deal?

A good 144hz monitor for gaming?

little kids have good imaginations

>Hello
ASUS VG24QE for 1080p if you don't mind TN

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280&Description=580&cm_re=580-_-14-202-280-_-Product

SouthEuro fag
56000=540$
I can't choose better psu, no competition. At least its 80plus gold.

Attached: pic.png (933x922, 179K)

>Slifire?I have the room and power but like only one game can do that.
Yeah like nothing makes use of that anymore.
If the Nvidia GPU were more powerful, you can freesync passthrough, but obviously the 960 is much weaker than the 390.
Just sell it I guess.

>How retarded is it to BCLK overclock a 2600 from 100 to 103, with no clock gen?
It is fine. There is a reason that 105 is the general limit without a clockgen, and a clockgen just lets it go higher.
It will OC your PCIe and other shit but they are tolerant to +/- 5%.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CCr3vn
I think you're overspending on the board for no reason. There's not really anything better about that board than the Tomahawk, is there?
You can get Vega 64 for cheaper on Newegg.
You need a monitor.
Everything seems good except jesus that RAM price is retarded. All these other components look like good value for Canada except for that.

If you can get Nitro+ or Red Devil GS for $210 plus the 2 games, that is the best I've seen.
Though 4Gb RX580 for like $170 can be alright, too, though obviously doesn't perform quite as well and can require turning down settings.

The Mbest one in the build I linked at , LG 32GK650F-B, or PX 277h I'd say are the top 3 options though there are a lot of good ones.
But that's for 1440p. I don't really know for 1080p, and it seems like 1080p is mostly TN options so I just don't care. I think Samsung and some other have a 1080p 144hz VA with decent color gamut, but they cost as much as 1440p...

My old MSI X370 board exposed the option despite not having a clock gen. It won't do anything though.

Enjoy your shitty monitor, faggot.

>My 1080p ips panel has better blacks than my VA panel
I find that impossible to believe. IPS monitors can't achieve a contrast ratio much above 1500:1 and most get nowhere near that (generally 900-1000:1 for gaming monitors). Even the very worst VA panels on the market achieve 3000:1 or so.

Gonna need some help with a couple of parts.

I'm already set when it comes to case, PSU, RAM, SSD and HDD.
Buying from Spain. Prices are in euros.
>GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X
>787.50e
>i7 8086k
>458e
>Asus PG248Q 24 FHD TN 180Hz DP HDMI
>470e

Y/N?

Attached: 22--ketchup-catsup-patrick-charles.jpg (720x900, 277K)

Am I correct in assuming that the maximum input lag with vsync on 144hz (if fps is above refresh rate) is only 6ms?
I can deal with 6ms to be honest.

EVGA Supernova 550 G3 80+ Gold in Used, Like new, fulfilled by Amazon

vs.

Rosewill CAPSTONE-550-M
New from newegg

both $40, fully modular

?

is the 2400g without a graphics card alright for gaming? It's for a teenage girl so it doesn't need to be great, just able to play anything.

>my 4k retina display is a shit monitor
ok poorfag

Micro LED monitors when?

Will there be a significant performance difference with Cl16-18-18-38 ram compared to Cl16-16-16-36?
Just impulsively bought a 16gb Cl16 3200mhz ram kit for what I consider to be fairly reasonable when taking into account current ram pricing.
It's not a B-die kit but it runs stable with Ryzen at 3200mhz cl16 with most CPU + B350/450 configurations. I currently have an r5 2600 (No OC), GTX 1070 and 8gb of Cl16-16-16-36 3200mhz ram. Will I see a significant downgrade with slightly worse timings (Cl16-18-18-38) @ 3200mhz? I'd rather return it and spend a little more on a B-die kit if I can't run it stable with the XMP. If it doesn't, will a B450 Mortar be a good choice for my particular CPU + Ram combo?

Attached: 1538677401569.jpg (650x1000, 119K)

>is the 2400g without a graphics card alright for gaming? It's for a teenage girl so it doesn't need to be great, just able to play anything.
no, it's worse than a cheap used CPU+GPU from ebay, and more expensive.

What's the rundown on the B-die meme? I'm looking at a 16gb 3200 kit for $115 shipped and I'm not sure if I should care about B-die or not

I'm sorry for my rudeness user, hi.

what's a non retarded atx mobo?
All the ones I see is stupid gamer shit with ugly pieces sticking out of it

>amjeets need to pray that their cpu runs stable with stock ram

>I think you're overspending on the board for no reason. There's not really anything better about that board than the Tomahawk, is there?
I've seen it go for far less than this and the reason I am favouring it over the Tomahawk (also a great board) is because the Carbon has Intel internet, integrated wifi and bluetooth.

>You can get Vega 64 for cheaper on Newegg.
Not in Canada, I can't. The only model that is close is the blower card and I don't want the noise and heat that comes with that.

>You need a monitor.
I forgot to put it in there, but I have that as well. It's a BenQ XL2311 (144Hz) monitor.

>Ram prices
Yeah, tell me about it. This is the cheapest b-die kit available that is also supported by the motherboard. Do you think I should consider kits that are not b-die?

Thanks for the reply btw.

What monitor goes well with a 1070?
I need details..
goysync, no goysync?
1080p? 1440p?
This is day 5, still can't fucking decide...
Gonna go insane soon.

Anyone know which one's best? I can't find much info on capacitors and such

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 1.33.22 PM.png (1678x1054, 370K)

QVE for AMD are all bullshit with the latest motherboard updates they should support almost anything being sold on newegg or amazon new.

Sapphire nitro is generally agreed to be the best variant

I have heard good things about Nitro+, Aorus, and the Red Devil should be decent.

Well I had them side by side and the ips was better. I'm pretty sure ips was better than VA in the pecking order too.

t. Sapphire marketing department

Ponytails are gay

>Squad
Nice taste my man. Alpha 12 is fucking sick, they optimized a bunch of shit, seems to run way better for me than it did before.
Running it on Ultra though... you'd have to build a pretty good rig. With a 4790k/R9 390 I run medium-high settings and can't keep a stable 60fps on most maps (pretty sure all the vegetation is where the slowdown is), desert maps and shit aren't an issue though. Also I still get some kind of memory leak issue where it eats all my RAM (16 gigs) after a handful of rounds, and ends up crashing my game. With the size of the maps and number of players you need a decent CPU too. But with a 2k budget you can easily do this. I just pulled the trigger on one of those Sapphire Vega64's for $399 on newegg, partially so I can run this on ultra, then can easily upgrade to 1440p/144hz/VR/etc

>Am I correct in assuming that the maximum input lag with vsync on 144hz (if fps is above refresh rate) is only 6ms?
>vsync WITH 144hz
you don't fucking need it, you only, ONLY turn on vsync if you actually have tearing. Having a 144hz monitor by itself will reduce tearing by a shit ton compared to 60hz.
Just don't use v-sync and if you happen to have a rare game where it tears, then and only then enable it.

t. msi shill trying to burn your house down with a broken card

What's the absolute cheapest aftermarket cooler I can pair with a 2600X to make it do that automatic OC thing to its limit? I don't care about aesethetics or memes, I just want cheap $ and effective.

>Will there be a significant performance difference with Cl16-18-18-38 ram compared to Cl16-16-16-36?
Not significant, but is measureable.
Not worth spending more for the later. Just tighten up the timings on the former.
B-die only matters if you might be CPU bottlenecked to begin with. There have been some good deals, though.

Hm. Intel internet, the wifi and bluetooth, is a decent reason I suppose. Fair enough, realtek ethernet is mega garbage.
>Do you think I should consider kits that are not b-die?
If for 1440p, yeah it's not so needed, generally. I'd mostly only go B-die if you're also going with a board that can BCLK OC to get the absolute most out of the chip and you plan to upgrade to a much more powerful GPU within the next 2 or 3 years without having to worry so much about a CPU bottleneck.

>he bought a 1070
yikes. Just return it.

Strix is the best 580. Nitro+ and Red Devil GS are closely tied for 2nd.

>alright for gaming
It can play esports shit like LoL at 60fps and Fortnite at probably 30fps. I'd say it's good enough for a teenager. What said is true though. A used i7 3770 is $30 on ebay and is just as good as a stock CPU. Throw in some cheap DDR3 and a generation or two older midrange AMD GPU (R9 380x for $100) and it completely blows away the 2400g.

doesn't freesync fix tearing without input lag (which vsync introduces)?

>Will there be a significant performance difference with Cl16-18-18-38 ram compared to Cl16-16-16-36?
Just manually tighten the timings.

pls respond.

>tfw you didn't pull the trigger and the next time you look at the item, it's sold out
is this the worst feel

>B-die only matters if you might be CPU bottlenecked to begin with. There have been some good deals, though.
should I just pay $115 for this kit or should I wait? I'm in buy mode due to BF deals but I'm patient and willing to wait it out of there's a big difference for a killer deal.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 1.39.48 PM.png (1214x212, 36K)

>yikes. Just return it.
Shit. 1070ti then?
Also what monitor?

It seems you're right about VA having better contrast ratios but ips has better color reproduction. That's probably why my ips screen looks better than my VA one.
Now that ips panels can have higher refresh rates up to like 165, I might as well get a 1440p ips panel. No need for me to get a VA panel.
Only way I'd change my mind is if I can get my VA screen to look better than my ips one.

It's not input lag free, it's just much better than v-sync and worse than no sync.
Again this whole "you need sync otherwise everything is tearing" is a fucking meme.
You only need it, keyword
>need
is if you use a 60hz, 75hz monitor, then it's fucking mandatory.

what's your budget?

Are 4 more gb on an rx 570 worth a shittier cooler design and a 35€ price hike?

I'm @ 1080p and plan to stay at this resolution for a while. So you would say b-die is probably not worth it then, especially given the MSI board isn't great for OCing? I was looking at some kits by Corsair, like the Vengeance 3000MHz CL15, and even some 3000MHz CL16 kits. I was thinking they might be the better buy given they are like $100 canadabux less.

would you guys buy a used xfx 580 for 80 bucks?