Its GNU/Linux. Don't direspect the hard work that went into GNU by calling it "linux"

Its GNU/Linux. Don't direspect the hard work that went into GNU by calling it "linux".

Attached: gnu-vs-linux_orig.jpg (758x435, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/comp.os.minix/wlhw16QWltI/PsAJDusEG6wJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>CoC/Linux
FTFY

who the fuck cares
stallman should just be happy anyone uses his crap

shut up hippy

It's fucking hilarious to see RMS sperging out everytime someone calls his shit "Linux".

I mean it can be, but personally I like my Linux without GNU

>he doesn't use alpine linux
laughinggirls.jpg

Attached: easymodo.png (882x667, 108K)

It's actually the IBM/systemd OS.

GNU/Systemd

IBM/Linux

It's moot/Jow Forums. Don't disrespect the hard work that went into moot by calling it "4channel"

>hard work
>GNU
They literally just reimplimented existing programs from AT&T and SUN.
It's incredibly difficult to design UNIX, it's not difficult to implement it.

Who gives a shit? I wished people made specific distros based on their philosophy, not a unilateral one that has its own conscripts and stipulations. regardless of this fact, i use debian. and i call it debian, not GNU/Linux/Debian. JUST DEBIAN. Fuck you all.

i probably spend more like directly interacting with palemoon than any gnu coreutils, so i should be calling it palemoon/linux, but i don't want to, and i should be afforded the freedom to call it what i want to.

It's Unix.

Attached: login-screen.jpg (1366x703, 33K)

>inb4 gay copypasta

Neither GNU/Linux nor OpenBSD are Unix.

This. They are Unix-like.

OpenBSD is a direct patrilineal descendant of the original Unix at Bell Labs.

Yes, because Unix is a certification given by The Open Group.
So what?

GNU/Linux is app you can install from the store, there are other versions/brands of the linux app available in the store too. FYI, like when you got windows 10 as free software these apps are free software and have random intermittent issues.

(you)

Calling it GAHNOO/Linux excludes every Linux installation I have except one. I'm going to keep calling it Linux and you can fuck off.

It's Linux. Don't disrespect the hard work that went into Linux by calling it "GNU/Linux".

I use Alpine in the WSL which doesn't have a single line of Linux nor GNU. Checkmate cum gargler.

it's GNU plus Linux if you're using the Linux kernel with the GNU user space.

It's not difficult.

Attached: yelling1.png (515x787, 333K)

They may try to remove us from the community we build by censoring our names, but they will never take our free software. Praise stallman for the greatest hack ever done, the GPL.

Attached: 15430357167070.jpg (344x400, 39K)

"ids ganoo blus lunigs"
-- the founder of gnu, and nobody else

gee, i wonder who could be behind this

i respect rms, gnu, and the gpl, but i really wish he didn't try to enforce a name for something he only partially contributed towards

See, this is the problem. You think Linux is a full operating system and GNU just some tools. With this perspective, you're right. The problem is that Linux is not a full operating system, it's only a operating system kernel, which was combined with the GNU operating system in the 90s, forming the GNU/Linux operating system. This error spreads so far that people call thinks Linux that aren't Linux at all, like when they run Debian in the WSL - some may even ask questions like “how can I install Linux in Android?".

RMS did not contribute to something; he started something in the 80s and Linux was a secondary contribution in the 90s.

many people will agree that an OS is a piece of computer software which handles everything 'below' user applications, most notably the kernel and drivers. linux covers the kernel and drivers
gnu is a set of basic user applications which make linux useful, sure, but they're linux applications, for the linux operating system

I think the problem might be you and your up-your-own-ass self righteousness; not people wanting to call linux, linux.

Linus disagrees:
>As has been noted (not only by me), the linux kernel is a miniscule part of a complete system.
groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/comp.os.minix/wlhw16QWltI/PsAJDusEG6wJ

No, it's fine to call Linux "Linux", but it's wrong to call GNU "Linux".

what? no one is saying call it GNU alone.

>but everyone calls it linux!
>fuck rms and freedumbs!
>I will remove all the gnu!
>that will show you!
>I use alpine, btw
>I'll install every proprietary software
>THAT will make stallman cry
>you will never interject me again
>I won

Attached: 1542512920378.jpg (500x607, 22K)