Just bought a NITRO+ RX 580 8GB in the $210 BF sale. I know I can't Max out at 1440p...

Just bought a NITRO+ RX 580 8GB in the $210 BF sale. I know I can't Max out at 1440p, but how much settings am I going to have to compromise on to game at that res? Just turn AA down to 4x or is it going to need a lot more things tweaked lower?

Attached: 81IUmuIst2L._SX425_.jpg (425x496, 29K)

Start with turning off AA completely and run on medium for demanding games.

Fuckkkkk

Given the fact most actually good games on PC aren't that demanding, you will be just fine if you acquire a good gaming taste, instead of playing the AAA gambling crap.
To start you up, get a game called uplink.

1070 barely keeps with 1440p at 2x AA. But that's novideo and me being used to smooth framerates unlike novideo's stutterfest. 580 should probably feel better.

It's a decent card and will run most any other game at 1440p just fine. It's a 1080p ultra card. Not tomb raider or bfv or hillman or other AAA games. It'll probably run nu-doom at 1440p though.

I have the 4Gb version and I can run pretty much anything (anything I tried) at very high or ultra 1080p, I'm guessing 1440p is gonna be tough.

I run 4K on a RX 480. At least if you don't expect AAA titles and max settings. BF4, Warframe work without some lighting and shading settings, Vermintide 2 medium stable 60 FPS. 1440p should be even better. Just turn off AO, Gameworks shit and Ultra shadows/lighting settings. SMAA is fine.

Running this card right now and loving it! you got it at a steal!

I run 1080p and lots of triple A titles I can get to 75+ fps. I plan to cross fire with another one when I get a new case.

Know this boy: AA is not your friend.

Attached: 1481027242uHZaVd5YEN_4_2.png (610x360, 161K)

I run 4K on a RX 480. At least if you don't expect AAA titles and max settings. BF4, Warframe work without some lighting and shading settings, Vermintide 2 medium stable 60 FPS. 1440p should be even better. Just turn off AO, Gameworks shit and Ultra shadows/lighting settings. SMAA is fine.

Sigh.. I bought it for AAA games :( MH World, Nier Automata, PUBG, Anthem in Feb, Cyberpunk 2077, etc.

>I know I can't Max out at 1440p
You can, but not in every modern YOBA trash.

You will have no problem with any of them, Ultra is literally a meme.

Err.. what do you mean?

Ultra settings are only noticeable if you compare screenshots, otherwise you won't even notice the difference between ultra and very high/high.

the difference between high and ultra graphically is like 5% but it taxes your systems by about 20% more so its a meme

Just run with no/post AA, turn down other filter settings and shadows, and enjoy. High res + high res textures look great, who cares if you get 10% less particle effects.

Seriously that small of a difference? I'm damn close to returning and getting a RX Vega 64 @ $400, and just eating the non-refundable $65 NewEgg subtracted for the game codes (really it's $100 but I can eBay the codes for ~$35

Google some comparisons for the games you are interested in and decide.

low - potato settings
medium - console quality, best quality/performance ratio
high - a nice step up
ultra - not worth it

a mix of high and medium, with ultra textures is my go-to. i dont spend my time looking at shadows, as long as they're there and not complete dogshit.

more pixels = less AA needed. I usually don't need antialiasing at 1440p.

2x 4x and 8x aa solutions are a thing of the past. the only aa you should be using these days is temporal anti-aliasing often shortened to "TAA". or the nvidia gayworks version "TXAA"

This is a card that you use 2x FSAA on and High settings not Max settings, at 1080p.

I have an R9 290, slightly faster but that's what I end up using but at 1440p, to get 75fps freesync.

adding to that. if a game does not have taa, turn aa off completely. smaa, fxaa and whatever other shitty solutions the game might offer are too inferior to be offered as a real solution

>Wants to play AAA games with ultra settings
>Buys an AMD GPU
>Realizes it just won't do
You can't make this shit up

taa is based

in games without I'd inject smaa if aliasing gets bad

The Nvidia GPU's are insanely expensive though.

Are they?
I'm in Europe and Vegas are even more overpriced than Nvidia cards.

I have a RX 580 and I can run Wildlands at near-ultra settings. Pretty comfy game desu. You just need to turn down a few unnecessary things or just run it at 1080p if you want ultra settings at a stable 60+ FPS.

Attached: running on low but look @ this.jpg (2560x1440, 1.18M)

take it back and buy a used 1070 on ebay. dont be a little bitch about used. i got a 1070 in 2016 for 200 usd off cl. i got a used ps4 for 70 usd on ebay (didnt have a working disk drive)
dont be a little bitch. take it back, get a used 1070.

From my experience with a gtx1060 6gb(pretty much same thing), All games I can run at high to ultra at 1080p 60fps. but at 1440p with many current gen games, i'd have to kick that down to closer to medium settings for 60fps.

Turn AA off and tune some other settings and you can run most games at 4k with that RX 580. 1440p shouldn't be a problem. The visual quality isn't noticeable. If you want to run at maxed out settings just to brag that you do then go buy a 1080ti or some card like that. It's not worth it.

You can compare the quality between high and ultra and make up your own opinion. There's a difference between low and medium settings which you will notice. The only difference you'd notice between high and ultra would be a poor gaming experience due to lower fps on ultra.

I'm in the north of Europe and Vega cards aren't a choice worth considering for a single second. RX580/RX590's the highest AMD GPU worth considering, some retailers demand insane prices and some sell them at the price-point where they should be. Vega cards are 30-40% higher than they should be everywhere. No idea why.

>No idea why
From what I can tell, probably very low supplies.
That's why there are so few Vega 64 models offered, even on big hardware specialized websites or even Amazon.

Just turn ultra on textures medium on shadows and disable everything else, except ambient occlusion set that to normal and no HBAO+ bs, and thats it.

Try lowering AA and shadows a tick. If keeps going down go for textures.