I design graphics and clothing and this is my setup

I had this Mac for 2 years with no problems and everything still works fast and smoothly but my trackpad and keyboard have decided to stop working. It's hard making shit when those don't work.

I am going to crack this piece over my knee soon,

I just use this macbook and a $60 wacom tablet for all my shit.

It's a stupid argument/conversation/question simly because it's opinions most of the time but...

Should I get a new Macbook or should I get like a MSI, Acer or Alienware or something to do graphic design shit.

What's worked best for you guys?

Attached: l.png (768x1024, 480K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEG7UUwUDc
pcmag.com/roundup/361099/the-best-mobile-workstations
youtube.com/watch?v=0AVoXTd-N0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What keyboard is that on top?

>macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1526133688114.png (682x989, 394K)

Apple Magic Keyboard

Talk to the Rossmann

SO SHIT.

I have opened this bitch up and blasted every piece of weed out of my laptop and it still is shit.

If I punch the shit out of it it sometimes can work for a little bit.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1525518170503.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Okay what laptop do i get

Get a Wacom Cintiq Companion then,

if you really need to work at starbucks and cant do shit from home or at workplace.
Or maybe just get a real PC like a normal person,

>MSI, Acer or Alienware
Avoid these like the plague. You don't use a gamer laptop to do the job of a workstation.

But anons MacBook is an old one (no USB-C), with the "good" keyboard.

Based Satania poster

Laptops are like shoes, too fucking individual.

If I ever bough a laptop that would be a eurocom, but i don't need one, I have a pc at work, and a pc at home, and when I travel I spend time out.

Take a look at HP and Dell BUSINESS models, not the fucking gaming laptops. Some of them come with decent displays.
Or maybe some model with a wacom stilus could suit your needs there's Lenovo Yoga nd some others.

I'm going to check that Wacom out more it looks, sounds nice from what I just see now.

I have to have a laptop because I can't really haul a PC to diff countries and states for work.

Thinkpad doesn't have this problem.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEG7UUwUDc

Business model computers would run photoshop and illustrator better than a gaming pc?

Are you serious

>fag undustries
>fag hardware

fitting

don't get a business laptop for graphic design unless you're sure it has a good display

some of them still use cheapshit 1366x768 tn panels

this is nice

What is not fag hardware?

>1366x768
akkakaka

A media workstation laptop specifically made for designers like a Precision or ZBook, business models always skimp on screen and GPU.

pcmag.com/roundup/361099/the-best-mobile-workstations

>Business model computers would run photoshop and illustrator better than a gaming pc?
It would run the same but is generally better and of higher quality.

I am talking about HP Elitebooks, Zbooks, Latitues and such

post clothes

Unironically acer is pretty decent if you don't buy the cheapest of the cheapest. (plastic housing might seem a little low quality when coming from metal, but plastic is actually a bit more rigid and can't be bent out of shape easily)

>changing laptops because keyboard isn't working
I don't get it.

Attached: IMG_20181124_110353.jpg (4048x3036, 2.82M)

I use a thinkpad t540p for all my adobe and graphic work, huion tablet and just ordered a new 1440p screen because why the fuck not. Works amazing.

forgot to add that you can upgrade the screen to a 3k IPS for like 100 buckeroos.

Razerblades or razerblade stealths are quite nice. you can tag on an eGPU via thundrebolt3 if you need more graphical output. they also sell a non-rgb version for people who care about looking professional

Lol it's funny how ifagles will accept that the most expensive product is shit in a line, but the older cheaper version is somehow good.

what kb is that its cute

It's a Planck.

Attached: 2018-11-24-16:21:32-screenshot.png (807x533, 130K)

>Shitbook breaks after collecting a little dust from two years
>Should I get a new Shitbook

Genius here. Is that a retina? Your trackpad flex cable has gone to shit. Its a known defect apple has swept under the rug. Go get the 20 dollar part off of amazon and fix it yourself. The fact that your USB ports are working shows it's the cable and not the keyboard. Thank me later.

Also I guess if your a coward you could bring it to an apple store or service provider but theyll charge you out the ass for labor ie $130-200.

Here ill even spoonfeed it to you. youtube.com/watch?v=0AVoXTd-N0Q

Hi, recommending Dell XPS13. It has some issues but I think its the best you can get at a not-ridiculous-price-point.

What brand you get matters less than the display. As you're working in the art industry you need something that has an IPS/PLS display with at least 99% sRGB coverage and preferably high Adobe RGB coverage too. Anything with four cores and some sort of dedicated GPU (hell an MX150 or Vega 8 graphics would be fine) but you might want to steer clear of Apple, the cost/benefit ain't there.

get a custom built laptop from one of those gaming pc companies. my seger has been perfect for 3 years.

get a 200 dollars laptop, if you don't like it in a year buy another and one for 200 if you don like it in a year buy another 200 laptop if you don't like in a year buy 200 if you don't like it in a year buy another 200.
You see 4 years doing it and its cheaper that buying a macbook that fail when the guarantee expires.

Take it to an Apple Genius after you have a pre-approved payment plan. You'll be paid in full after only 60 payments.

The ching chong autism elite, year of the hacker edition with subdyed thermoset cyanate ester keycaps

Repair it. Seriously, look up what's wrong, buy the parts on AliExpress or buy a donor Mac thats broken in other ways through ebay/classified ads, follow a guide on ifixit and be done with it. MacBook repair is extremely well documented by third party companies.

Unless it's one of the models where all the parts are glued together. Then you're fucked.

jury rig it so it works for sale

sell it to a retarded hipster

Buy a nice Thinkpad that has twice the power

install FOSS on it and get it to work for you

spend the rest of the money on drugs to fuel your creativity

this is what you must do to be true artist. Why do you want a fancy overpriced hipster basic bitch laptop like an mac when you can have a true cvlt power that lies in the thinkpad?

I would never hire you for design work if you end up showing up with an Alienware or MSI laptop.

Attached: dm9u93qrwpz11.jpg (4032x3024, 883K)