So what's Jow Forums's recommended web browser? I've been using Chromium but I want to escape the botnet...

So what's Jow Forums's recommended web browser? I've been using Chromium but I want to escape the botnet, and Firefox has touch screen issues on Linux.

Attached: file.png (512x512, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

surf

I'd say firefox but
>has touch screen issues on Linux
so, ungoogled chromium

I'm using the latest Brave (Chromium based) for like a month and so far it's perfect.

qutebrowser if you don't mind the lack of plugins

>Web 1.0 isolationism
>proprietary botnet

github.com/brave/

Is it regularly updated/secure though?

yeah, that's the whole point.

Alright I'll give it a shot, thanks user

I googled chromium all the way, no google botnet but the decent free browser

Im a simple man,so firefox quantum gets the job done for me

Google chrome.

waterfox
also:

Quantom is faster and everything JUST WERKS
also retty happy with Jow Forums X and OneeChan

Ungoogled-chromium

Safari

People still falling for thrse meme browsers?

This. Waterfox. It's just Firefox without the DRM and forced plugins. The only downside is that Firefox safety updates come delayed.

Attached: Waterfox_Logo_(redesigned_2015).png (256x256, 30K)

Just use Firefox ESR. Updates similar to ubuntu release cycle. Super stable and you get all the relevant security updates and necessary tweaks and fixed.

ungoogled-chromium

This. It's a bit less comfy, but probably worth it.

where do I download this?

Does anyone here use Vivaldi?

qutebrowser and Falkon.
You don't get a proper filepicker when you use anything Firefox based without hacky patches.

Attached: file.png (1580x1004, 596K)

>Firefox touch screen issues on Linux
Just install the drag and drop plug in.

Also, the way gtk handles dark-themes is a joke.

Attached: file.png (957x588, 152K)

If you have arch based distro it is in the AUR.
Be sure to get ungoogled-chromium-bin instead of ungoogled-chromium (latter compiles, it takes about 1.5 hours).
There are debian builds, appimage builds and windows build on the project github.

I'd use Firefox, but it doesn't have a good alternative to Chrome's Downloads Router plugin. I use it to route downloads to specific folders based on extension.
Also, it's fucking hilarious that 4channel still uses 4cdn for content distribution. gook moot is still a fucking retard with computers, regardless of how much of a jew he is.

werks on my machine

Attached: 1536743919987.png (1366x768, 190K)

>I googled chromium all the way, no google botnet
Haha, you are an idiot.

Uh, sweety?

spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html

Yea it does.
Kinda curious about it now.

What gtk theme are you using? It must not be a full-dark theme since the scroll-bar is light.

vertex

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

I'm trying vivaldi, it just werks

>Self updates are a spyware feature
>By default Waterfox is using the spyware search engine Bing
>using firefox's plugin services means "phoning home"
>the browser visits the project homepage on startup and downloads a bunch of javascript libraries therefore spyware

Hurr durr everything is spyware

I use Vivaldi and so far I've loved it.

I like this website.

Regular Vertex isn't a true dark theme (has tons of light elements). Vertex-dark is and has the same flaw.
gtk a shit.

vivaldi is nice

>Hurr durr everything is spyware
Unironically.

Yet the site has listed several non-spyware options meaning that its possible to pass its easy standards. Any program which doesn't should be suspected for not having the best interests of its user in mind.

>easy standards
Yeah don't allow people to use the plugin store and you need to install all updates manually. The guy loses his shit because bing is a default search engine meanwhile Iridium comes with Google SafeBrowsing enabled and he just shrugs.

>Any program which doesn't should be suspected for not having the best interests of its user in mind.
Only if you think that automatic updates and plugins are not in the interest of the user.

qutebrowser is so slow and laggy

This, brave has unironically graduated to a usable browser now. Once they get sync fully implemented it’ll be even better.

What version do you use user, stable, beta or dev?
>tfw betacuck

I'm using Chromium. Not signing into Google Account. Firefox Quantum crashes Xorg on FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE so I've moved away from it. I'd prefer to use a WebKit based browser, like Epiphany but it's way to slow, or surf but it's way too underpowered compared to other browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Attached: Chromium_sample.png (350x350, 32K)

Chromium still phones home to Google even without syncing your account

Use People's Browser
Use UC Browser

Sljmjet 64 bit. Ungoogled and has security features like being able to enable/disable webRTC among other things. Works for me and I've been on it for about a year and a half. Brave is the best mobile browser through.

>Ungoogled and has security features like being able to enable/disable webRTC among other things

source?

I switched to chrome from firefox and it has some insane design decisions
>download anything = pops up massive bar at the bottom every time, why?
>desktop notifications dont seem to work
>no menus next to address bad, just keyboard shortcuts
>no "forget site" in history
>sync bs forced on you, anti-trust should break google
>webm ui had no volume controller, because google hires lizard people.

safari is absolutely based

I use Iridium. It's basically Chromium minus the botnet.

Switch back. I tried chromium and brave and both are shit compared to Firefox.

With the right settings you can use Chromium without it being a botnet. Disable Google's sync and safe browsing.

Firefox. Just do some tweaks in about:config like disable telemetry and some privacy stuff. Tried ungoogled-chromium but I did not like it. Brave sucks.