Name something C++, Rust, Python, etc. can that Java can't

Name something C++, Rust, Python, etc. can that Java can't.

Attached: java.png (1200x2195, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-does-JavaScript-have-so-much-hype-nowadays
docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se11/html/jls-14.html#jls-14.20.2
redox-os.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

UB

Fast software.

python: optional parameters / keyword arguments

java can """""""technically""""""" do this via overloading but it requires needless verbosity in declaring a new function for every possible variation

Attached: java.jpg (720x720, 99K)

not getting sued by Oracle

I can't they're all Turning complete

be used by someone who isn't poo in the loo

pretty sure they're all complete

In cpp and I guess in rust you can write keylogger and even virus trojan etc. In java you can't

GraalVM

run well

I see the macfags and phonefags are back

>java
>needless verbosity
you mean needless verbosity by java standards, or normal java verbosity?

Jvm can be pretty fucking fast. The correct answer is that you cannot have low memory use or RT performance. T scalautist dev

Arrays of objects that aren't actually arrays of references to objects. Generic methods that return generic collections.

I've used pretty much all the popular languages and Java is still my favorite, solely because everything is treated as an object. It also has the comfiest syntax.

My least favorite is JavaScript.

>everything is treated as an object
C# is better at treating everything as an object. Even JavaScript actually.

Yea I might like C# a little bit more than Java cause of Tuples. JavaScript still sucks my cock.

What's wrong user, where did JS touch you to make you so butthurt

Because it's a turd.

quora.com/Why-does-JavaScript-have-so-much-hype-nowadays

No java has primitives. In scala everything is an object, and the distinction shows when you start adding extension methods on them which is fucking great.

JS is for toddlers you retard webshit

Yes, primitives aren't objects. Thanks for being so autistically technical..

>extension methods
In C# I could add extension methods even to methods and anonymous functions. Hilarious, but not really useful.

Damn, that's rouch. I hope you guys can recover from this emotional shock.

Efficiency.

That's what builders are for.

You stated everything was treated as an object which is obviously false (see int/Integer). It doesn't seem like a big deal until you've tried extension methods. For instance in scala I can write 30.millis to get a FiniteDuration which I think is pretty neat

Toddler

*blocks ur path*
public class Lel {
public static int f() {
try {
return 2;
} catch(Exception e) {
} finally {
return 1;
}
}

public static void main(String []args) {
System.out.println(f());
}
}

Have a nice looking syntax and tidy code.

Are you retarded

Rust and C++ are both faster.

Python can be written by trained monkeys.

I'm not sure why you didn't include C#. It's basically Microsoft making their own version of Java that isn't overly verbose.

Java holds a special place in my heart because it was my first big-boy language. It has it's flaws though.

FFI C easy for high performance libs.
GC no pause
AVX or low level instruction usage

But Panama project will do it

I wonder why returning in a finally block is event legal.

unsigned integers

>GraalVM
Tried it out a few days ago. Pretty awesome.

the absolute state of g

Returns 1. Finally blocks always execute. Not undefined at all.

Overloading &/or Fluent APIs are still superior to methods where who knows what the fuck can go in or come out.

>final block returns even though the function's already returned
make sense

That's the point of finally brainlet.
>this resource gets closed even though the method already returned so stoopid hurr durr

What was executed first, then?

Actually it's well defined
"If the finally block completes abruptly for reason S, then the try statement completes abruptly for reason S."
They're talking about returns, throws breaks and continues."

docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se11/html/jls-14.html#jls-14.20.2

C++ can be used to write OS in.

>reuse memory
>pass by reference or value

My custom language can trivially interact with native C and C++ code:
- In my language, it's possible to create classes which derive from C++ classes
- It is possible to write inline C/C++
- It is always clear where, logically, the inline statements are being inserted
Moreover, I have optional typing through type propagation instead of forced hyperverbose typing, and don't have such issues as gc pauses.

Not macfag

Can you make argument? No? Shut the fuck up then.

Nice argument.

Have free functions.

Run without Java runtime environment.

What the fuck. Why do I associate with this website.

Attached: 1542085015131.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Java can't operator and function overload.

Data alignment. There are some cases you want/need the data be be packed in a particular way in memory and not just however the abstraction layer pleases.

Those are pretty much the only times I go to write C DLLs to support my JVM apps (other than interacting with C libraries, ofc).

because any other website would kick you out for inability to make argument.

>what is graalvm

What's wrong with static methods?

C# doesn't have this problem.

Attached: c_sharp_master_race.png (508x413, 14K)

What kind of argument do you even expect?
Your statement is incorrect, what's there to argue about?

Explanation it isncorect.
because it is not incorect.
You can't write keyloger in java.

actually, you can write a keylogger in almost any language (at least in windows environments)

May we use your language plz

No. You can't write keyloger in java for windows or linux. Cheats like wrapping some other language keyloger/lib do not count.
But go ahead. Prove me wrong. Write basic pure java keyloger. I fucking dare you arogant ibecile.

BUAHAHAHA

no, just no

the fact that this guy uses internet baffles me to no end

>implying that using tools like the JNI which is a standard Java feature is considered "cheating"

JNI is just a protocol for talking with external libraries. You can't write a keylogger in a fucking protocol, that's like saying you can write a virus in TCP/IP

now this is bad bait

Soon (tm). Working on a proper module system first, then v0.0.1 can be made available.

You're seriously saying that everything you can write in C, C++, or Assembly now counts as "being written in Java" because you can construct an interface between native code and the JVM? Well looks like the thread's over then, everyone can go home.

Have never taken a computational theory class? Theyre all capable of the exact same things. You sound like a fucking moron

Is this the Jow Forums equivalent of idiots on /sci/ saying the Godel's Incompleteness Theorem disproves science?

You cant get direct access to hardware and OS apis without using a C plugin.

directly manipulate cpu registers

Turing complete is turing complete is turing complete. None of these languages are capable of solving more complex problems that the others

Wrong. You can write assembly that has access to the hardware and the OS without using a C library.

redox-os.org

pointers

Yah but the way they are compiled is completely different. The nature of different problems lend themselves to different languages. Its extremely easier to write a compiler or parser in a functional language than in java, although its still possible in java

the absolute fucking state of this board, holy shit

>Jvm can be pretty fucking fast
I used to think this too, until I started writing C++ for a living

>allocates array with more than 2^31 elements
Nothing personnel, kid.

Attached: 1344357800362.jpg (1000x800, 115K)

turing completeness means you can solve any computable problem. That doesn't imply your solution will be fast or use memory a certain way

>write keylogger in c
>write 10 lines of java to call it
>look mom! I wrote keylogger in java!
fucking imbecile

Prove me wrong. Oh wait you can't.

Well why don't you improve state of this board proving me wrong?
Answer- because you ate arogant imbecile and keyloger written on java is imposible.

Java is Touring complete so it can do anything, given enough space and time

Microsoft ecosystem is shit though

Not them, but why is it impossible to write java code that can keylisten? Why does it need to invoke libraries from other languages?

build an executable file that can run on an operating system like windows or linux...

Java just doesn't offer functions that let you talk directly to the OS or hardware, it has soemthing to do with it running in a VM and cross platform support.

unsigned char
unsigned anything, come to think of it
also pointers (inb4 NullPointerException)

C++, Rust: Run fast
Python: Data science in general, deep learning

Also not want to kill yourself because your language is cancerous

Attached: DrfvwxhX4AA9jJq.jpg:large.jpg (595x699, 62K)

not being treated as a retard by the design philosophy of the language.

I think you're arguing semantics. You can write the keylogger in Java code alone. Just because it has to step outside the JVM to listen to keystrokes doesn't mean you can't have a program do this that a reasonable person would say was written in purely in Java.

This post screems underage script kiddy

>Python: Data science in general, deep learning
any language can do that

stop arguing with the retarded pajeet

to me it reeks of curry

How do you do it without JNI?

also, if this is abstracted away by a library like AWT's Robot, is this even considered stepping outside the JVM, if the programmer doesn't explicitly design this behaviour themselves (relying on a library)?

Couldn't the same thing be said about nearly anything? 'You can't write code that plays audio on a desktop OS in any language, because it has to talk to the device driver before it does that'?

When considering code 'purity', do we stop considering code if it is re-usable, widely available and 'black-boxed' i.e. a public library, and only look at what the programmer actually added to create the bespoke program?

Arithmetic operations with pointers. Java is a "safe" language

shifting goal posts

You just include it in the project like we do with any other lib now kys.

Java and Scala absolutely dominate production data science. Python and R are literally just used for toy prototypes, no one actually uses them in production.