OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1512159615135.png (790x739, 760K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/news/lg-oled-tv-burn-in
rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

obvious shill, fuck off. have owned a Samsung GS6 and daily used it since the June after it came out and have recently checked for burn-in with a solid blue picture. there was just the slightest amount of burn-in where the time is displayed in the upper right corner. that's it. and I had to really look closely and squint to see it. maybe you will stay poor but I for one will never buy inferior LCD technology again.

>unironically comparing smartphones to TV

Attached: npcjak.jpg (490x586, 16K)

>Unironically owning a Jewish brainwashing receiver

>not have OLED as a monitor

Why aren't these shitty clickbait threads bannable yet?

oled has burn in, its not suitable for pretty much anything but movies from disk with no tv channel logos and shit, no one has denied this ever

jannies are probably qled shills themselves

>having A FUCKING TV

jesus christ Jow Forums

I use my LG OLED65E7P for a few hours everyday. I don't leave CNN on, nor do I play the same game on it for hours a week. It's a terrific display and I don't see why these fringe case burn in tests should worry me.

Also, why are you involuntarily celibate autism sufferers making a stink out of the consequences of some absurd test?

Your mothers spend their days regretting giving birth to you. The memory of their parents telling them to have an abortion constantly replaying in their minds. If you even have fathers, they're extremely disappointed. Society doesn't value you. Women are viscerally revolted by you. So revolted that some of you may have been to reported to the authorities for making these women incredibly uncomfortable.

So I ask, why do you bother trolling OLED TVs when you should really be contemplating the best way to kill yourself and spare us normal people from your disgusting existence.

If we're just going back to sacrificing longevity for the best picture why the fuck did we ever get rid of plasma

>used it since the June
>there was just the slightest amount of burn-in
I would accept a 'slightest' burn-in after like 4 years, but since June is really really fucking horrible. kys you fucking mongoloid for even defending this.

I've had a gs7 for 2 and a half years and it has fucking terrible burn in. You can see it even without a solid color behind it.

That could be fixed by TV channels slowly moving their logos around the border. Of course wouldn't work for news channels.
Also this.

>the June after it came out
Meanwhile, my Note 3 is flawless and I expect my S8 Active to look the same years later as well.
>protip: use fullscreen = zero static elements

>The memory of their parents telling them to have an abortion constantly replaying in their minds.
you watch to much CNN user

Cool story, they're still bad for games and any ui elements from the display, news tickers, or logos will leave permanent marks.

cause plasma was hot (quite literally) garbage
>poor blacks
>shit resolution
>bulky
basically almost all the cons of the CRTs they were meant to replace with none of their pros

what were the CRT ot LCD pros and cons?
muh weight?

Better blacks than LCD, less bulky than CRT. Seems like a reasonable middle ground.

better idea: add more pixels to the screen but don't change the resolution it runs at. each time you turn it on the image gets offsetted a random amount on the physical screen

Most TV logos are transparent and the demographic these high end TVs are for don't play video games.

Think about it this way, does an OLED owner care more about Battlefield Pickachu 2 or Michaelangelo Antonioni's Il deserto rosso...

>Your mothers spend their days regretting giving birth to you. The memory of their parents telling them to have an abortion constantly replaying in their minds. If you even have fathers, they're extremely disappointed. Society doesn't value you. Women are viscerally revolted by you. So revolted that some of you may have been to reported to the authorities for making these women incredibly uncomfortable.

My parents always said, people's insults are always an extension of their own lives and what they find worse about their own lives, being vomited onto others. I see your life is quite a special brand of failure.

welp ok didn't read the 'after', sorry.

>Think about it this way, does an OLED owner care more about Battlefield Pickachu 2 or Michaelangelo Antonioni's Il deserto rosso...
What the fuck?

>Own a IPS panel
>Always set brightnes to 20%
>Oled tech comes out
>People complain about not being able to turn brightness up in fear of burn in.

They sort of do this. They can make the pixels bigger and turn them on for longer to reduce peak heat/voltage trough them. Its a very limited way of improving oled.

>obvious shill, fuck off
>there was just the slightest amount of burn-in

Attached: 1539146871149.jpg (295x272, 19K)

Oh look! It's THIS thread again.

>The big take away here is to vary the content you watch on your OLED TV and be sure you don't run it with the same network logo or map on it each time you turn it on.
hothardware.com/news/lg-oled-tv-burn-in

Stop being retarded and look after your shit and stop playing xbone all day.

Precisely. Now go back to /v/

>/v/
What the fuck again. What does any of what you've said have to do with OLED technology?

Utter bullshit, and it's why you posted your bait image instead of actually linking to the test.

rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Even after displaying a loop of the exact same content for 20 hours a day, for 42 weeks in a row, the only two TVs with serious burn-in are those displaying CNN with its huge banners. There's a tiny bit starting to develop on two of the others from much smaller UI elements, but that's after almost 5500 hours of displaying the same looped content. And even after 5500 hours, you can still only see it on certain full-screen colour slides. Plus one of the ones showing zero burn-in is running Cowadoody on a loop, proving that not all UI elements can cause it, even after 5500 hours of displaying them.

Unless you're some drooling retard who bought an OLED to watch 24 hour news channels on or plan to play literally nothing except one game for literally thousands of hours on it, burn-in is quite literally not an issue.

Attached: brain damage.jpg (640x645, 57K)

The only thing I've owned with an oled is a firset generation Vita. Are they as shit as that screen, or have they significantly improved by then?

Not actually improved, but the control software apparently got better, now trying to refresh static pixels over time to reduce the burn in effect.
Still the burn in was what made LCD win over Plasma and now we go back to a technology that has the same issues and hail it as the next thing.

>OLED has burn-in problems
SHOCKING NEWS, EVERYONE!

Great news everyone! I invented a time machine and travelled forwards in time to the year 2053 and they have made the perect TV. It's resolution is beyond what the eye can discern, 10 feet tall and 50 feet wide. It has perfect blacks and no burn in and is so bright it can burn your to a crisp with the power of the sun. The only snag is everyone has moved on from it and are enjoying VR.

Attached: futurama professor good news everyone.jpg (620x624, 44K)

My Note 3, my S7 and two other S7s owned by friends all have noticeable burn-in. It's an issue.

Well duuuh! Phones have static displays most of the time. You only see if if you change your icon positions or wallpaper anyhow.

If even one of you retard anons can see the burn in, it must be fucking oxnoxiously obvious.
Fuck the OLED meme

CRT had eye-cancer causing flickering, were heavy, convex, darker, yet needed more power, needed regular degaussing, and were obviously not usable for the new, smaller devices, like laptops, digital cameras, portable game consoles, tablet PCs and the many niche devices.

I only just noticed but my whole notification bar burned into my Axon 7 sometime within the past year and a half. Everything else is good. I loved OLED but I'm a bit nervous about it now.

Gee who would have guessed that having your TV's brightness jacked all the way up to the highest setting would be bad for not only it, but your eyes?

I'm fucking SHOCKED. AND AND AND... AND APPALLED. YEAH. APPALLED.

It depends a lot on how you use your phone, I know of people that have burn-in in their GS9+ and some that have pristine screens on launch date GS5

A lot of people just keep their screens on while not using their phones and that's the worst thing you can do in an OLED panel

this

My libtard family watches so much CNN that "Breaking News" is burnt into their 10,000 dollar TV. The best part is: they still refuse to believe that CNN is obvious an obvious fear-mongering propaganda machine even though CNN literally ruined the TV by making all news "breaking".

the solution is to have a screensaver mode on the remote for when you're not watching tv

Because everyone realizes that it is just op embarrassing themselves because they are straight admitting that they are TOO POOR to afford OLED displays, hence why they bash it and act like they do not like it. Quite an immature thing to do, five year olds exhibit this behavior often when they can not have something.

>better blacks than LCD
Wrong. Max contrast ratio of LCDs is 6,600:1 whereas Plasma tops out at 3800:1. Also peak luminosity of LCDs is more than 7 times that of plasma. Plasma was a failure born in a generation that was already embracing LCD as the future of displays

>needed regular degaussing
t. never used a CRT before

Why not projectors? Prices on them seem reasonable. And after watching movies on projector a few times TVs look so small and tiny. Picture quality is eorse, but size makes up for it.

Just checked my S6 for burn-in with a solid blue picture. Noticed the area where the notification bar would be is a little lighter than the rest, but no information was visible. Been using it for over a year, and the previous owner used it for 2

CRTs are just small. Big picture is what important and you will never have cinema "magic" on a small screen.

>buying a new lense every 1000 hours

OLED are solid. My Phone and TV are OLED and I haven't had a problem with it. Granted, I'm not sure about monitors, but the picture quality is fantastic.

microLED when?

Just tested it on my oneplus 3. With blue I can also see slight burn in of the time, battery, celular data and spotify notification icon. I use on screen button and I can see a difference between the buttons area and the rest of the screen. I don think this is much of a problem as I have never noticed it and I'm going to switch phones in a few months anyway.

user BTFO

>you're using it wrong!
t.Steve Jobs

when I buy my device
I buy them to last