Air Cooling vs Water Cooling

What does Jow Forums prefer.
Or is it just a price difference.

Attached: air_vs_water_primary-100025795-large.jpg (580x388, 43K)

Air is better

Watair(water+air) is the best.

Liquid nitrogen

Price/perf Air coolers are better for desktop use, but in many cases a 240 mm rad is actually easier to fit than a 65 mm+ height heatsink. Newer HEDTs are reaching TDPs where a 240 mm cooler makes more sense.

Personally I got an AIO just so I never need to second guess my cooling solution.

I picked up a Morpheus ii core edition cooler and two gentle typhoon 2150rpm pwm fan's for my vega 64.

50 minute heaven benchmark:
core: 47c
hbm: 51c
hotspot: 71c

that's water cooling level of performance but MORE THAN HALF the cost of a single loop JUST FOR the gpu alone.

water is only great for epeen, aesthetics, or serious overclocking where its not practical to slap on a heatsink the size of your own case.

Semen cooling

>hey I know. Let’s keep all the fans but throw in a water pump also!

Attached: image.jpg (963x1024, 196K)

More surface area to cool, bigger fans that make less noise, quite a smartish idea.

And the potential worst case scenario goes from a fan not spinning to having conductive fluid leaking all over your pc and bricking it.

Yes, thus why smartish rather than brilliant.
I wonder how well a fan the size of the whole sidepane would do.
Big fan, lotsaair, and in theory very low noise.

Water cooler is technically an air cooler here. And air cooler is more than enough if you don't get a meme small case.

Same here.

COULD I use an NH-D15 and get similar cooling? Sure, and then i'd be hanging ~1400grams of copper/aluminium and some fans off my motherboard.

I'd rather have much less stress/weight on the MB, and quieter cooling, and generally the same, or even better performance than the NH-D15.

You could use a Black Rock Pro 4 instead for almost the same performance, better RAM compatibility and no interference with the first PCIe slot.

I've had my 212 since 2011, would love to see a water pump last that long.

That's still ~1200g of weight on my motherboard i'd rather not have.

I just replaced an AIO from 2012. Not to mention, they all come with 5 year warranties these days anyway, at least corsair anyway.

Liquid air

Depends on many factors.
Water coolers are superior for extreme temperature variations or spikes.

Air cooling can be aesthetic as fuck from a design standpoint. Or just cheaper and being dead reliable.

Just pick the one you like best.

Does the warranty cover fucking up your entire computer?

>there actually are people on this board using retarded gaymer watercoolers

Attached: (jazz music stops).jpg (600x800, 66K)

Do you realize how exceedingly rare that is unless you're trying to...right?

They use non-conductive liquid. Assuming you keep your case somewhat clean, it shouldn't be an issue. The only issue would be if you had a bunch of dust that the liquid made contact with that made it electrically conductive enough to cause a short. But again, this would be exceedingly rare, and can be prevented by keeping your case clean and thoroughly checking for any hose issues during installation. They're nylon wrapped thick as fuck theses days, so the hoses themselves are quite sturdy assuming they haven't been damaged by you during install.

Attached: 1530483273350.jpg (645x729, 81K)

There's a reason Porsche went from air cooled to water cooled...

But what do emissions requirements have to do with CPU cooling?

Faggot.

Actually yeah, since it's so rare that something like that happens corsair will cover your parts damage, they will require it to be sent back, a lot of people cut them open to start a thread and bitch about not getting free parts.
t. In industry

Underrated post

Objective cooler ranking:
Custom-loop water cooling > Air cooling > Closed-loop water cooling.

But even then, custom-loop water coolers aren't worth it most of the time.

Attached: 1439844667051.jpg (1680x1050, 425K)

Air. I don't see the point in using an aio since they're barely better than top end air coolers.

Literally irrelevant. As long as you're not throwing the case around the weight doesn't matter.

I don't care what you think, it's MY computer, and I don't want a massive hunk of metal hanging off my motherboard.

Do whatever you want with your computer, and I'll do whatever I want with mine. Deal?

Water only makes sense if you can get a radiator with a far bigger surface area for roughly the same price. I've been considering going to some scrapyard or autoparts shop and buying one for cheap, since liquid cooler radiators have a yuge markup for the sole reason that a braindead normie can install them
otherwise, conventional air heatsinks are just more convenient

Fuck off back to plebbit.

Right back at you kiddo.

Gamers nexus tested the mora3

Price, effort, and risk difference. I will always aircool, but I respect those with water cooled builds.

Air, bud.

Attached: MV5BMzQxODE4MzEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk2OTY4ODE@._V1_.jpg (1400x2100, 1.72M)

>pump noise
>inevitable leaks
>still has fans to cool the radiator
>takes up more space
>oh look, the temperature difference is barely noticeable and offers zero extra performance
yeah, i dunno, tough choice.

man how did that stick end up so far in your ass

the sole reason to used closed loop is if you're using a retarded case design and can't fit a proper air cooler

lmao off yourself

Just use air cooling. At the very worst scenario you may get throttling if you have a shitty cpu/fan.

Noctua nhd15 is the best cooler.

You need to go back

water for gpu/why doesn't my Jow Forums pass work on this domain?

Dual fan dual tower air coolers are as good as AIOs. Custom loops are better than both but carry a significant premium. Some sockets like X399 don't have good compatible dual fan dual tower air coolers because of their size constraints and AIOs will be the best choice for most.

water cooling is the quietest and cools the best by far.
but is expensive.

I dumped regular water on an HD 5770 for shits and giggles and it did nothing.
so ur good even ur you get a leak.

PIC IS MY OLD RIG.
super flashy GAYMER LED Shit.

Attached: FB_IMG_1428537678037.jpg (1280x960, 127K)

>bought a cooler master for $30 3-4 years ago
>never optimized airflow
>haven’t ever changed the thermal paste either
>temps never get above 80C even under full load

>needing a cooler

just throw your shit in an aquarium filled with mineral oil.

MOM I NEED A FULL TOWER

Post monster coolers!

Attached: 24-1080.jpg (920x690, 103K)

Attached: f340b87f_Cryorig-AF41-13.jpg (1429x1080, 417K)

Attached: 17.jpg (1200x795, 234K)

only correct response

Attached: Noctua-NH-D15-12.jpg (1000x839, 252K)

Sadly this seems to have never left the model state.

Attached: mammoth.jpg (1333x845, 331K)

>don't owning a silent, passive cooling computer
Yikes

All cars are watercooled, you moron. I don't know if that is still the case for electric vehicles, but for internal combustion engine this goes.

I like my Dark Rock Pro 4. Fits even in my budget Ivy Bridge motherboard with the first PCIe slot in a 16x config and it looks pretty nice overall.

Attached: file.png (760x1014, 1.02M)

>I NEED A FULL TOWER
Hey, i worked hard for a 2 summers to afford that shit.
but ya, the 900d is a HUGE case.